My Lament (BE doom / death)
Möse (BE sludge)

together with the five names which had already been announced:
Lord Vicar (FI classic doom)
The Prophecy (UK doom/death)
Ereb Altor (SE epic doom/viking)
Spiritus Mortis (FI classic doom)
The 11th Hour (NL classic epic doom)

making it a total of eleven bands up to now.

Event: Dutch Doom Days 2009
Posted: 03.09.2009 by Marcel Hubregtse

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 77 users
03.09.2009 - 17:38
Deadsoulman
Elite
Wow Process Of Guilt, now that's awesome! They already wanted them last year btw
03.09.2009 - 17:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 03.09.2009 at 17:38

Wow Process Of Guilt, now that's awesome! They already wanted them last year btw

So, that's a step closer for you to coming over again I guess?

Btw, only four more names to go.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 17:48
Deadsoulman
Elite
I'll know for sure before the end of the month. I'm waiting for a couple of things to settle down to know if I can afford the trip
03.09.2009 - 19:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Ooh four names to go?

pick me! pick me! pick me!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.09.2009 - 20:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 03.09.2009 at 19:57

Ooh four names to go?

I'll ask Felix to programme you as the Sunday headliner and will tell him it will only cost him a return ticket
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 20:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2009 at 20:01

Ooh four names to go?

I'll ask Felix to programme you as the Sunday headliner and will tell him it will only cost him a return ticket

i could play really bizarre drone/avant garde doom. i could detune the crap out of my Les Paul, get all liquored up, slam out a power chord, let it resonate and feedback while ranting about all the world's ills and dooms. swine flu, mexican flu, h1n1, global warming, global cooling, oil shortage, clash of cultures, magnetic reversal of the poles, continental drift, nuclear damnation, biological terrorism, the end of the world in 2012, the ultimate expansion of the universe culminating in all of creation being slowly ripped apart at the subatomic level...

it'll be a blast.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.09.2009 - 21:13
Written by BitterCOld on 03.09.2009 at 20:22

Ooh four names to go?

i could play really bizarre drone/avant garde doom. i could detune the crap out of my Les Paul, get all liquored up, slam out a power chord, let it resonate and feedback while ranting about all the world's ills and dooms. swine flu, mexican flu, h1n1, global warming, global cooling, oil shortage, clash of cultures, magnetic reversal of the poles, continental drift, nuclear damnation, biological terrorism, the end of the world in 2012, the ultimate expansion of the universe culminating in all of creation being slowly ripped apart at the subatomic level...

it'll be a blast.

Sounds good to me.
----
- Wrainth
03.09.2009 - 21:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Looks good awesome bands today I tryd all leithest eddition bands , ok I didnt like last 2 so much but its still OK, firts are OK also The 11th Hour
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2009 - 21:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 03.09.2009 at 21:43

Looks good awesome bands today I tryd all leithest eddition bands , ok I didnt like last 2 so much but its still OK, firts are OK also The 11th Hour

Which were the ones you didn't like so much?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 22:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2009 at 21:51

My Lament and Möse, but it doesn means I dont like like freedom call or sonmata arctica, but those other bands in festivall I like better,
----

apos;'
[image]
03.09.2009 - 22:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 03.09.2009 at 22:10

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2009 at 21:51

My Lament and Möse, but it doesn means I dont like like freedom call or sonmata arctica, but those other bands in festivall I like better,

Möse I ahven't chacked out yet but I really like My Lament's latest release. Some really good death/doom
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2009 - 22:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2009 at 22:21

Möse I ahven't chacked out yet but I really like My Lament's latest release. Some really good death/doom

I did not like Mose more how My Lament, now Im listening My Lament again and its lil diferent , maybe it was bad think Mose and then My Lam
----

apos;'
[image]
04.09.2009 - 02:04
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Omg, I had no idea that there is a band called "Möse", I guess no one of you knows what that word means in german
04.09.2009 - 05:21
Crème fraiche
Written by BitterCOld on 03.09.2009 at 20:22

Ooh four names to go?

it'll be a blast.

I literally laughed out loud when I read this. A simple "lol" wasn't enough

OK NOOB QUESTION.

All my music lately has been boring the shit out of me (mainly euro flower power and BWONHM), whats are some good doom bands to get into for one whom hasn't heard alot of doom before?
04.09.2009 - 07:08
routa
Account deleted
Written by Crème fraiche on 04.09.2009 at 05:21

All my music lately has been boring the shit out of me (mainly euro flower power and BWONHM), whats are some good doom bands to get into for one whom hasn't heard alot of doom before?

Yeah, some for starters:
http://www.myspace.com/livefreeandburn
http://www.myspace.com/reverendbizarre
http://www.myspace.com/thegatesofslumber NEW SONG
http://www.myspace.com/originalunholy

I take it you know Black Sabbath already.
04.09.2009 - 07:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Depends what you want. there are a lot of subgenres within Doom.

Candlemass would probably be a good starting point... Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Nightfall, or Death Doom Magic are good to check out.

my personal favorites include Ahab, Warning, Shape of Despair, Esoteric, and Skepticism.
----

04.09.2009 - 07:30
routa
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 04.09.2009 at 07:24

Depends what you want. there are a lot of subgenres within Doom.

Candlemass would probably be a good starting point... Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Nightfall, or Death Doom Magic are good to check out.

my personal favorites include Ahab, Warning, Shape of Despair, Esoteric, and Skepticism.

Glad I was first, I just knew someone was going to corrupt fresh disciples with that FUNeral doom/slow death metal-stuff.

Remember to doomdance off the stage after your performance btw.
04.09.2009 - 07:45
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Process of Guilt Funny, while I checked the news earlier today and saw this, I was listening to Erosion...

And I still need to pick up the My Lament disc, I've only heard the samples so far! It seems a few other bands I must check out as well in the next month
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
04.09.2009 - 08:59
Crème fraiche
TY! i will have to check some these out.

Are there alot of sub doom genres? doomdance? lol
05.09.2009 - 03:40
Symmachus
Wow, most these bands I have not heard of before. However, I did hear of My Lament through there association with Axamnta. It's cool that there are a few Belgian bands there. I really would love to go to Dutch Doom Days one day.

Hits total: 2581 | This month: 10