Metal Storm logo
Bleeding Fist - Bestial Kruzifix666ion review

Reviewer:

3 users:
Band: Bleeding Fist
Album: Bestial Kruzifix666ion
Release date: September 2009

01. Morbid Psychotic Distortion (Part 1)
02. Spirit, Dust and Magic
03. Celebration Of The Third
04. Sabbath Ov Mist
05. Dissected Dominion In Blood
06. Black Magic Book
07. Morbid Psychotic Distortion (Part 2)
08. Conquering Apocalypse
09. Morphogenesis Of The Holocaust

I like Bleeding Fist. When you claim to play "Chaos Metal" (a.k.a. Black Thrash), release four demos called Funeral (x version) and then proceed to call your latest full-length Bestial Kruzifix666ion, you can count on my respect. Oh, and they don't only have a MySpace, but their own Facebook too. Kill, rape and hail S8N, right?

Ok, so Bleeding Fist is still pretty much stuck halfway the eighties. There's of course nothing wrong with that, plenty of bands still dwell in that era, but unfortunately Bleeding Fist doesn't belong to the elite rank of bands that play old music with a refreshing vibe. No, Bleeding Fist rehashes the overdone 'rampage rampage shred shred scream yeaaaaarghlll drumkickdrumkickdrumkickdrumkick... dissonaaaaaaance...shred shred shred shred cymbals shred shred shred' formula. Catch my drift? It's old Bathory revisited, but without the atmosphere, the emotion, the danger and the intidimating evil presence. It's stale. Execution? Not too shabby. Production? Rough but fitting. Overall impression? Still pretty meh...

So no, I don't really like Bleeding Fist. Sorry guys, but it's simple mathematics and the end result is that I've got better things to do. You can be very proud of the fact that this album "was recorded in in eight hours and in full live mode", but when something's bad, it's bad. This is textbook dime a dozen material. Well, perhaps slightly below that. Boring, unnecessary and a waste of time. Hey guys, don't get mad, I thought you liked it 'in your face'?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 6
Originality: 5
Production: 6

Written on 03.09.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 62 users
04.09.2009 - 01:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Somehow I could tell merely by the album title this would be crap...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.09.2009 - 06:19
Ag Fox
Angel No More
The band must hate you for the harsh comments lol
----
loves 小巫
04.09.2009 - 12:47
silenius

That album name is either brilliant or extremely imature and just plain stupid:P
12.01.2010 - 14:14
Rating: 7
BudDa

I do like the album. the band don't take themselves seriously, obviously...but something about the album just struck a chord within me. Plus its abit different from the blackened thrash releases I listened to last year (Absu and Destroyer666) Its alot more brutal too..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 4629 | This month: 10