Metal Storm logo
Destruction - Evile Guitarist To Step In Due To Sifringer's Broken Finger

German thrash metal veterans Destruction have tapped Evile guitarist Ol Drake as the temporary replacement for Mike Sifringer for their September 13 appearance at the Caos Emergente festival in Portugal.

According to a posting on Destruction's web site, the middle finger on Sifringer's left hand was broken and the ring finger was cracked "when an aggressive fan jumped out of the moshpit into the crowd with a kick jump" during a hardcore show at the Vlamrock festival in Belgium. Mike, who was watching the concert, "did not see coming and hit [Mike's] left hand with full power."

Destruction stated about Ol Drake, "He's the perfect match: young, wild, talented and a Destruction fan to the bone. The kids will love him!"

Ol added: "I was gutted to hear about Mike's injury. I wish all thebest to him and hope he heals fast! I got a mail from Schmier asking if I could step in on guitar. It was an obvious yes. I absolutely love Destruction so this is a huge honor and privilege for me. Can't wait! It's gonna kick ass. Luckily I can already play a lot of the set being a fan. A huge thank you to Schmier, Mike and Marc for this dream gig!"

Source: destruction.de
Band profile: Destruction
Event: Caos Emergente
Posted: 04.09.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 63 users
04.09.2009 - 14:24
Baz Anderson

And if his finger isn't better by Damnation Festival, I'm sure he'll fill in there too - being much closer to home and all.
04.09.2009 - 14:39
Thryce
Retired Staff
Was thinking about going to Vlamrock. Good thing I didn't then

If there are two things I absolutely hate about live shows, it's hardcore dancing and the cancellation of the absolute highlight of the day.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.09.2009 - 17:09
Damnated
Churchburner
German or Germany's.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.09.2009 - 17:54
enanox

I can't figure how do a pseudo-human could jump out the moshpit into the crowd. What was that? Was Mike on the crowd? I believed that mostly of the dates on big band's gigs were on stages that are safe to the musicians.
----
Atmospheric metal: we forecast a flood of meaningless notes during the next 25 minutes to satisfy emos.
04.09.2009 - 18:21
Baz Anderson

It does actually explain in the news there.

He was watching the show himself. He was in the audience.
Destruction were supposed to be playing at the festival, that's why he was there.
04.09.2009 - 18:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Shit, i imagine being in a band and all of a sudden Eric from Manowar or Jesper from In Flames ask me to step in as a guitarist for their next gig... fuck....... chance of a lifetime, imo.
05.09.2009 - 12:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Doctored story. sifringer probably beat someone to death and broke his finger pulling out said someone's eyeballs.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.09.2009 - 23:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Midle fimger is it THAT finger you know what I mean
I always sad moshpit is dangerous, I better stanin corner how take part into it .... I know Im old
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2009 - 15:51
SyBReeD

I wish it's my finger not yours ...
NAIL TO THE CROSS ..

Hits total: 3078 | This month: 4