04. Žalčio žvilgsnis
05. G.Ž.R.
06. Tarp Dulkių Ir Netrukus Dulkėse
07. Paskutinį Kartą
08. Lapkričio Speigas
09. Tikrovės Iliuzija
10. Eilinio Mirtis
11. Žingsniai Į Begalybę

Let me get something out in the open first: I may have given a wrong impression of the reviewer's life in one of my earlier reviews, this one, to be precise. With great shame I cite the horrendous words I uttered that unfaithful day: 'the life of a reviewer is glorious and glamorous and full of bedding hot chicks and whatnot.' The truth is, I am one ugly motherfucker, I live in my mother's basement and I have such a severe case of acne that my vision is partly veiled. I hang my head in shame.

And all these damned promos don't make life easier. You know, the glorious and glamorous part only applies when you receive good stuff. But everybody knows that 90% of the metal bands out there are boring, bland, unoriginal, obsolete or mediocre, so guess what? Yeah...

With Jaučiant Pabaigą Arti the Slovanian Luctus is here to join the ranks of the mediocre, skilled yet bland as they are. They're a good example of the average modern metal band: masters of their instrument, knowledgeable concerning their musical heritage and absolutely boring songwriters. They've studied the first wave of Black metal well, they seem to enjoy a good dose of eighties Thrash and they are enthusiastic about what they do. But I'm not. And without wanting to sound arrogant, but to me, that's the only thing that matters.

So no, I don't think Luctus will be the next big thing. They're simply too average and inconspicuous for that. Even if you will enjoy listening to this once, why waste your time on it when you can lisen to Absu, or Carpathian Forest, or Bathory, or...

Hurrah, another mandatory review done. Now the rest of the slaughter cattle, please!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 6
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written on 06.09.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 47 users
07.09.2009 - 05:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Hahahaha, the first paragraph was priceless. Mediocrity sucks, will avoid.

I really like the cover artwork though....shame it had to go over a weak album.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.09.2009 - 11:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I agree, the cover is a good one. And also... I laughed my ass off with your review

Cheer up, you're not THAT ugly
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.05.2018 - 08:56
Capt. Fluntas

Not Slovenian but Lithuanian ;D
----
Life is one big meme.

Hits total: 3919 | This month: 9