Metal Storm logo
Mantic Ritual - Part Ways With Vocalist/Guitarist, Temporary Replacement Announced

Official press release

Pittsburgh-based old school metalheads Mantic Ritual just announced the departure of founding member/singer/guitarist Dan Wetmore.

All scheduled shows will take place as planned.

The band issued the following statement: "After much consideration, Dan has decided to no longer continue with Mantic Ritual. We are greatly appreciative of his tremendous contributions to the band and wish him the best in his future endeavors. For the upcoming tours this fall, our good friend, Dave Watson, will be filling in as singer/guitarist. We've known Dave for quite some time, and besides being a killer musician, he's an outstanding sound engineer as well (he mixed our 2007 self-released demo, "Executioner"). We have no doubt that Dave will be a perfect fit for us these next few months, and that the band will continue delivering fist-pumping rock 'n roll like it's 1955."

Commented Dan Wetmore: "It has been hard for me to make this decision as I love Adam, Ben, and Jeff and the music we've made together. I've always been dedicated to the band and truly enjoyed playing and writing material. Still, I've had the desire to focus on photography for quite some time and I don't see myself spending life on the road. It is my personal choice to leave the band and return to school. Despite conflicting feelings, I know currently, this is the best decision for me. The outcome is very hard to face, as I've enjoyed the past five years and progress we've made. I'm sure some might think I'm crazy or stupid, but I'll eat that. The guys are dedicated and I'm positive they'll do well with Dave taking my place. All the best to them, they're my pals."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Mantic Ritual
Posted: 08.09.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 23 users
08.09.2009 - 17:06
Galar
Wicked Mung
Awww
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
08.09.2009 - 19:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Damn, does that make my specially signed Executioner album under the Meltdown name worth any more? No?...ok.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
09.09.2009 - 01:12
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yo the title is wrong! Ain't no word "annonced"!
----
Bitch! Please
09.09.2009 - 18:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This is a shame, seeing as to how much energy this guy had. Focusing on photography instead? That's pretty lame

Hits total: 2377 | This month: 4