Metal Storm logo
Halcyon Way - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced

Official press release

The Atlanta, GA based progressive metal band Halcyon Way has parted ways with singer Sean Shields due to creative differences.

Taking over on vocals for the Nightmare Records recording artist is Steve Braun, known for his work with Italian progressive-metallers Ashent, who have released two records via Lion Music.

"I'm really excited and humbled by the opportunity to jam with these guys, and I'm looking forward to help take the band to the next level on the new record" said Steve.

"We're very excited about having Steve in the band, he's got a fantastic voice and will have no trouble whatsoever with the older songs, he's adding a lot of new life to the material for the new album, and he's a professional in every sense of the word - he's got a great attitude, and our fans will be thrilled with our choice. The new album is going to be crushing and it will be a great way for Steve to introduce himself to our fans" said guitarist Zane Matthews.

Halcyon Way are currently tracking the follow up to "A Manifesto For Domination", which is tentatively scheduled for release in Spring 2010. The album is being produced by Jon Bodan & Lasse Lammert, and the drums are being engineered by Mike Froedge (Doubledrive, Bloodsimple, Dixie Incorporated) at Open Sky Studios in Atlanta, GA. The band also just completed tracking a guest appearance by Pamela Moore of Queensrÿche fame.

The band will not miss any scheduled shows due to the move, and is scheduled to play at Pathfinder Metalfest on October 24, 2009 with Aska, Twisted Tower Dire, and many other acts. Halcyon Way has appeared at Rocklahoma on three occasions, Nightmare Metal Festival II, and at ProgPower USA twice, as well as having shared the stage with Helloween, Strapping Young Lad, Kamelot, Symphony X, Doro, and many others.

Halcyon Way released their debut record, "A Manifesto For Domination" on Nightmare Records on November 11, 2008 to rave critical reviews. The album was produced by guitarist Jon Bodan with assistance from James Murphy (Testament, Death, Obituary), and was mixed by Lasse Lammert (Alestorm). It also featured guest appearances from Jonah Weingarten (Pyramaze, Avian) and Blaze Pearson (The Souls Unrest).

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Posted: 10.09.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 8 users
11.09.2009 - 02:48
Symmachus

Congrats to them. I don't think I have checked this band out, but what I've heard from Ashent is pretty cool.
11.09.2009 - 11:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahaha halcyon is the same name as a discontinued american benzodiazepine, though the drug is spelled with an"I" and not a "Y"
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2048 | This month: 4