Metal Storm logo
Death Magnetic vs Endgame

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 11.09.2009 - 02:54
So everyone always seems more than keen to compare Metallica and Megadeth. Within the last year both bands have released new albums that are a "return" to a thrashier sound. Now they are both released, it is of slight interest to see which of these albums people actually prefer.

Please explain opinions, thanks.

Poll

Which album do you prefer?

Megadeth - Endgame
Metallica - Death Magnetic

Total votes: 103
23.12.2009 - 12:56
matthioso
To me Death Magnetic is a way better album.
If you take a look at Megadeth's discography and listen to their music you'll notice that the style of their music always follows the trend of Metallica's music. Metallica went Hard rock... Megadeth played more rock, Metallica goes back to their thrashier past... Megadeth also brings out a more thrashier album.

Seems as if Mustaine always wants tot compete with Metallica... Too bad. He's got real big talent, but if he would just be original. Leave the past behind, it has already been so many years...
----
www.seedofrock.be
23.12.2009 - 15:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by matthioso on 23.12.2009 at 12:56

To me Death Magnetic is a way better album.
If you take a look at Megadeth's discography and listen to their music you'll notice that the style of their music always follows the trend of Metallica's music. Metallica went Hard rock... Megadeth played more rock, Metallica goes back to their thrashier past... Megadeth also brings out a more thrashier album.

Seems as if Mustaine always wants tot compete with Metallica... Too bad. He's got real big talent, but if he would just be original. Leave the past behind, it has already been so many years...

no no you are blind, its metallica who sends s spy to the their studio always. thats why they are like metallica! you are a fanboy man! metallica alwyas steel their works. gah gah gah.

but truely Im a little agree. kirk started to play more leads, then mustaine started to bring us an album without riffs! there are a lot of ugly and just technical solo's in end game.
23.12.2009 - 15:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I personally gave up on Metallica after their black album release, and I never really got into Megadeth; however, I definitely enjoyed listening to Endgame more than Death Magnetic, where trying to get through the latter was just an unnecessary struggle. Not that I particularly enjoyed Endgame, but it's better than Death Magnetic in my opinion. I also think both bands have always rested on their laurels. Metallica have the Master and Lightning albums that will forever be considered thrash classics. Megadeth have their own versions with their Rust and Peace albums. Head-to-head I always preferred Metallica, but not this year. (Then again I feel like comparing these two albums is like comparing Load and Risk.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.01.2010 - 04:01
thewall30
Haha... this is an easy one, Endgame!
----
10.07.2010 - 17:18
Behdaad
DEAD
I think I have to add another option to the poll: Both suck!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
10.07.2010 - 18:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
Endgame. It was at least decent, whereas Death Magnetic was "polished thrash", I hated it.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
10.07.2010 - 19:19
Got Mayhem?
Endgame had moments where it just plain kicked ass. Death Magnetic did absolutely nothing for me. Seriously, not being a Metallica hater here, Metallica haven't done anything interesting to me for a long, long time.
----
13.07.2010 - 06:53
Weaponz248
End Game. Megadeth is still way better than metallica.
14.07.2010 - 14:42
YonTroper
Endgame for sure. Not Megadeth's best, but still pretty good. I admit Death Magnetic had some decent stuff, but the production was horrible. Seriously, it's just a wall of the most unsubtle, one-dimensional noise. Not fun to listen to.
----
I need a signature. Dunno what to write.
14.07.2010 - 16:42
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by YonTroper on 14.07.2010 at 14:42

Endgame for sure. Not Megadeth's best, but still pretty good. I admit Death Magnetic had some decent stuff, but the production was horrible. Seriously, it's just a wall of the most unsubtle, one-dimensional noise. Not fun to listen to.

It's called the loudness war. But yeah, I get what you mean.
----
14.07.2010 - 19:10
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Megdeth > Metallica
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
15.07.2010 - 18:00
Goricyde
Account deleted
Endgame obviuslty. After ...and Justice for All metallica just, to put it plainly started sucking and I have no hopes that they can ever return to form.
17.07.2010 - 03:02
Dave's Girl
This is kind of a hard poll to vote on. I LOVE Megadeth and Metallica, but I do think Death Magnetic is slightly better. They're both great albums though. I can't wait for Metallica to release a new album. They just keep getting better and better.
----
17.07.2010 - 12:37
Autius
Written by Dave's Girl on 17.07.2010 at 03:02

This is kind of a hard poll to vote on. I LOVE Megadeth and Metallica, but I do think Death Magnetic is slightly better. They're both great albums though. I can't wait for Metallica to release a new album. They just keep getting better and better.

I hope you can be patient then
becuase metallica is too busy making a documenturary(holy fuk i spelt that horribly wrong) about them bitching and crying about how "the band is falling apart"

who the fuck cares they already fell apart at load
----
Som lyset forsvinner
mørket vokser
som lyset forsvinner
Vi Brenn i mørket
som lyset forsvinner
slutten morgener i nærheten
17.07.2010 - 12:42
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Autius on 17.07.2010 at 12:37

becuase metallica is too busy making a documenturary(holy fuk i spelt that horribly wrong) about them bitching and crying about how "the band is falling apart"

Better and better? LOL.

Let me guess, Metallica: Suicide and Redemption?
----
17.07.2010 - 13:06
Autius
Written by vezzy on 17.07.2010 at 12:42

Written by Autius on 17.07.2010 at 12:37

Better and better? LOL.

Let me guess, Metallica: Suicide and Redemption?

I don't know, to me it seems like Suicide, rising back from the dead, then commit suicide
----
Som lyset forsvinner
mørket vokser
som lyset forsvinner
Vi Brenn i mørket
som lyset forsvinner
slutten morgener i nærheten
28.07.2010 - 07:21
Damage inc.
Metallicas dath magnetic
29.07.2010 - 03:13
I like 'em both,but DM is a little baby-Entertainin' in front of EG!
Chris Broderick and Dave Mustaine Solos are Bloody Gr8,(I'm so sorry but)Kirk Is just nothing in front of 'em!(HI JAMES!:-h)
EG is realy a thrash metal album,but i think DM is seemed to be a Prog. or Alternative metal album to be a Thrash Metal disc...
----
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known
06.08.2010 - 00:24
demonsarising
Metallica doesn't really have my respect after the black album. They played thrash, and then ditched the guitar solos and changed genre. Endgame is an awesome album with great music and guitar solos. Solos are the most important reason to play guitar.
06.08.2010 - 15:13
MetalFist
Account deleted
Death Magnetic, just cause of a few kewl tracks. Close though.
16.05.2011 - 22:31
Ghostdancer
Endgame. I'm still extremely bitter towards Metallica since 1991. I guess that isn't ever going to change.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
20.05.2011 - 15:26
Razorback
I love both bands but for me Death Magnetic is slightly better.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!