Band: Necros Christos
Album: Triune Impurity Rites
Style: Black metal, Death metal
Release date: July 2007

01. Nekros Kristos (Temple IX.99)
02. Daemonomantic Fog Lay Upon The Tombs Of Succoth
03. Kischuf (Temple VIII)
04. Christ Was Not Of Goatborn Blood
05. Nam Ignis Est Umbra Locorum Infernorum (Temple VII)
06. Tormented Flesh On The Mount Of Crucifixion
07. Gate I: Das Schwarze Wasser Der Toten
08. Ora Pro Nobis (Temple VI)
09. Last Rite Of Christ
10. In Love With Ereskigal (Temple V)
11. Va Koram Do Rex Satan
12. Voragem Mortis (Temple IV)
13. Black Mass Desecration
14. Gate II: Offenbarungen Der Mayrim
15. Damnation Worship (Temple III)
16. Impure Burials Prevail
17. Necromancing The Ghost (Temple II)
18. Deathless In Spiritual Evil
19. Conquering Tell Al-Mutesallim (Temple I)
20. Triune Impurity Rites: I. Skulldoom Of Sumer (Darkness)
21. Triune Impurity Rites: II. Nazarethical Ram Of Bethlehem (Damnation)
22. Triune Impurity Rites: III. Blasphemous Graves Open At The End Of Days (Death)
23. Gate III: Im Schatten Des Zikkurath

When your list of personnel consists of members named "Mors Dalos Ra (vocals, guitarist, keyboards)", "The Evil N. (guitars)", "Black Shepherd Ov Doom (bass)" and "Mister Raelin (drums)", it is hard for me not to dismiss you as a retarded joke band. My silly prejudices, perhaps, but I simply have encountered too many of these bands. Attach the band name Necros Christos to those stage nicknames, however, and you've got a whole different story. Because Necros Christos rules as fuck. Triune Impurity Rites is their first full-length.

Every second of this album is aimed towards the creation and empowering of the occult atmosphere, the evil glare that watches over you once you turn this baby on. From a purely genre-based perspective is 'just' Blackened Death, but in practice this is much more than that. Throughout the album a constant mist of Doom lurks around the riffs, accompanied by synths, estranging vocals and other atypical elements. Don't expect Zyklon-like drivel here.

No, instead we're presented to a melting pot of Demigod's Slumber Of Sullen Eyes and Demilich's Nesphite, with bits and pieces of Black and Doom metal. Obscure tracks filled with rotten screams and putrid riffs are intertwined with occult pieces of acoustic magick and dark evocations, all aimed towards the album's ultimate goal: to open graves and let the Undead rule the world. Or something along those lines, I don't speak Latin.

Necros Christos have gathered quite a large underground following in the past few years, and fully justified in my opinion. While the album may be a little lengthy at times, it presents a fresh look on Death metal. Death metal has retrieved it's obscurity, it's blasphemy and it's evillicious presence - adjectives rarely earned by today's bland blast-blast-blast-Death metal. There's no shame in hopping on this bandwagon. "VA KORAM DO REX SATAN!" Whatever that may mean.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 8

Written on 10.09.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 117 users
11.09.2009 - 08:07
Rating: 8
Ilham
Giant robot
Lucas, I support you on every point of this review. <3
12.09.2009 - 14:23
Damnated
Churchburner
this was released in 2007 lol.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.09.2009 - 18:23
Rating: 9
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Damnated on 12.09.2009 at 14:23

this was released in 2007 lol.

Hahaha, When I was reading the review I was really happy for discovering this "totally-new band". And only days after that I saw the they weren't THAT new
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.11.2009 - 00:58
Ilham
Giant robot
2007 is new in my book.
13.11.2009 - 11:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Ilham on 13.11.2009 at 00:58

2007 is new in my book.

I know that... but the review maked it looklike it was from 2009 and also the reviews right now are mostly for new albums specially if they come from staff members, that's why I thought it was "new"
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.11.2009 - 11:19
Ilham
Giant robot
I got that, don't worry.
12.09.2013 - 00:10
mz

I was meant to check this album a few week ago but forgot about them :/ the review makes it look interesting
btw, there is a grammatical mistake in review:"...it is hard for me not "too" dismiss you as..."
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
26.05.2014 - 19:13
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by mz on 12.09.2013 at 00:10

I was meant to check this album a few week ago but forgot about them :/ the review makes it look interesting
btw, there is a grammatical mistake in review:"...it is hard for me not "too" dismiss you as..."

Have you tried it yet? Don't be scared by the 23 tracks on the album though. It's all just over an hour.
27.05.2014 - 02:01
mz

Written by Ilham on 26.05.2014 at 19:13

Have you tried it yet? Don't be scared by the 23 tracks on the album though. It's all just over an hour.

I'm not sure if I had checked it yet. I have probably played it and then gone to another album before finishing this one.
----
28.05.2014 - 19:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by mz on 12.09.2013 at 00:10

I may be a bit late, but thanks! It's fixed.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2014 - 21:19
mz

Written by Lucas on 28.05.2014 at 19:29

I may be a bit late, but thanks! It's fixed.

Cheers. It is actually my pleasure to have your reply, considering your inactivity
----

Hits total: 6991 | This month: 11