Metal Storm logo
Exodus - Terminal Press To Release Exodus Comic Book

Following a Dimmu Borgir comic book - [Link] - Terminal Press will release a comic starring Exodus, entitled "Exodus: Death Begets Death". Here's the official press release:

Thrash metal legends Exodus are the subject of the new Terminal Press comics/metal crossover comic book "Exodus: Death Begets Death".

You'll learn your lesson in violence with this one-shot apocalyptic horror comic book that will incorporated themes and imagery from the band's back catalog, focusing specifically on "Bonded By Blood", "Tempo of the Damned", "Shovel Headed Kill Machine", and "The Atrocity Exhibition - Exhibit A" (so I guess they won't do... the "Toxic Waltz").

Not only will the story be about the theme's of Exodus' music, but the Bay Area bashers themselves will make an appearance as five crazed prisoners sent on a mission to stop a a supernatural being who calls herself the Earth Mother, who's wiping out armies.

Set in a ruined America of the near future, the story follows two war generals who rule over military fiefdoms the size of time zones. General Scraw controls the west coast, while his twin brother General Scraggg reigns from a seat in Las Vegas. The twins amuse themselves by sending the military's toughest war toys, the Shovel Headed Kill Machines, into the deserts of the MidWaste to exterminate the human rabble that scrabbles for survival there. But when General Scraw learns that his military has been wiped out by a supernatural being calling herself the Earth Mother, he sends five crazed men who may or may not be the members of Exodus from the bowels of his own prison to stop her. But many more people will die before the strange woman gets what she wants, and the twin generals will learn the price of their own misdeeds.

"As many things as we get to do as a band, traveling the world, getting paid to drink and play thrash metal, I don't think anything can touch being immortalized in our own comic book! I am so stoked about this, you have no idea! This thing is sick and I can't wait for it to come to life for the world to see!" says Exodus' Gary Holt.

"Exodus is the living embodiment of Thrash Metal, doing it right and blowing audiences away to this day. To say getting to work on this project is an honor would be an understatement. It is our responsibility to make sure this book slays and we happily take that challenge on," says Terminal Press publisher and "Dimmu Borgir: Dark Fortress" writer Brian Ferrara.

"Exodus: Death Begets Death" is written by Keith McCleary (Killing Tree Quarterly, Deep Throat), with art by Russ Manning nominee Rolo Ledesma (Debbie Does Dallas) and colors by Narek Gevorgian (Silent Assassin, Dimmu Borgir: Dark Fortress) and will be released early 2010. Check out the Terminal Press site and their Facebook page.

Source: terminalpress.com
Band profile: Exodus
Posted: 11.09.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 73 users
11.09.2009 - 20:46
Galar
Wicked Mung
Artwork seems really cool!
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
11.09.2009 - 23:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This is really wonderful image!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.09.2009 - 23:28
SilentScream
Blasphemer
I don't have anything against the idea and all...but shouldn't Nuclear Blast be focusing on releasing quality MUSIC before doing this kinda stuff?
12.09.2009 - 00:47
-Morbid-

I wanna see the comic book version of Gary.
12.09.2009 - 02:35
Crème fraiche

I will have to ask my local comic store to add this to my subscription

Hits total: 8238 | This month: 8