Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - New Album Mini-Site Online

Swedish metallers Katatonia have issued the following update on their official waebsite:

"The mini-site for "Night Is The New Day" can now be accessed at this location. It includes audio samples, downloads, album information, pre-order links, interviews, art gallery plus all the studio diaries from the recording session.

Subscribers to the Peaceville Records mailing list are being given the first opportunity to download a free song entitled "Forsaker" taken from "Night Is The New Day".

Also check out what Opeth frontman Mikael Akerfeldt had to say about the forthcoming Katatonia album on his official MySpace blog."

"Night Is The New Day" is scheduled for release on November 2 in Europe (November 10 in North America) via Peaceville Records.

"Night Is The New Day" [cover art] tracklist:

01. Forsaker
02. The Longest Year
03. Idle Blood
04. Onward Into Battle
05. Liberation
06. The Promise Of Deceit
07. Nephilim
08. New Night
09. Inheritance
10. Day & Then The Shade
11. Ashen [Swedish bonus]
12. Departer

Source: katatonia.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 15.09.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 128 users
15.09.2009 - 17:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I'm really excited about this. I have high expectatives...

One thing though... This guys fucked it up with the cover art. I mean.. it's good enough but if you go to the mini-site and search for the wallpapers you can see the cover art and then another one with a city with a moon... THAT'S the cover they should've used.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.09.2009 - 18:32
♱ RaVeN ♱

The teaser sounds really good. can't wait for the album!
15.09.2009 - 20:20
Skøllgrim
Northern
The teaser tracks, the little review ish bit featured by Mikeal Åkerfeldt commenting how good this album is and the entire track "Foresaker" being free of download.... I want this album, and I want it now!
15.09.2009 - 21:01
Opethian

Omg this made my day !!!! great album cover ! Yes very high hopes for this album as well !
15.09.2009 - 23:14
anhell
Account deleted
The new teaser sounds pretty promising, but the cover art is very average (especially comparing to Great Cold Distance), I'd say even boring, just like a typical gothic/doom art. Still, can't wait new album!
15.09.2009 - 23:56
Andresopeth

I don't know why but i have a very good feeling about this, Katatonia has never dissapointed me and i'm very coriouos to listen to this one
16.09.2009 - 00:46
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Nice cover. I have a good feeling as well
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.09.2009 - 04:46
MetalSpider

Im really impressed with Forsaker! Sounds great...and now I definitely cant wait to hear the new album!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
16.09.2009 - 06:36
Symmachus

I dig the album artwork!
16.09.2009 - 17:48
BudDa

Forsaker!!!!!!!

I CANT WAIT..They now have my full attention! Exodus and Heathen can wait.lol
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
16.09.2009 - 17:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"mini-site"...that must be completely new random word...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.09.2009 - 11:29
Elio
Red Nightmare
The artwork is fascinating, the music... we'll see.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.09.2009 - 23:20
3dd

Forsaker...

I'm a big fan of Katatonia for years, but I was expecting more of this song.

It's heavy but we listen to this everyday, nothing new about it

C'mon give us hope
18.09.2009 - 07:33
Jason W.
Razorbliss
The new song is good, so I'm hopeful about the rest of the album I'll likely pick it up as I doubt I'll be disappointed, but the new song really didn't hint at much new, so I'm not expecting a life changing experience. Hopefully the limited edition will get a good US price, because pre-ordering it for $23 is not particularly inviting.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.09.2009 - 15:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
My God what is it with bands nowadays? Using generic photoshop cover art. What a dismal fail the cover is.
If there are people who actually think this cover art is good then you have no taste in art at all.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.09.2009 - 16:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.09.2009 at 15:02

My God what is it with bands nowadays? Using generic photoshop cover art. What a dismal fail the cover is.
If there are people who actually think this cover art is good then you have no taste in art at all.

I know, right? The cover art sucks ball and they could have done a decent job if they used the other cover I saw with the city and the moon... That one was really good imo. But no, they used the generic one, fuck.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.09.2009 - 05:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I didn't hate the cover art, likely because, like so many photoshopped/manipulated covers, I just ignore them and have no response at all. But looking at it again, it's quite a poor conglomeration of ideas, really. But! It is better than the Dissimulation - "Atiduokit Mirusius" cover... So I'd still rate this one in the middle of the pack for 2009 covers
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
30.09.2009 - 15:49
SyBReeD

I really can't wait ..
i trust Jonas and Blackiem
Katatonia rules

Hits total: 4373 | This month: 3