Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra

16.09.2009 - 21:47
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Can't believe the thread hasn't been created yet. After the boom that Diablo Swing Orchestra debut had made, this band got quite a following. The preview for the new album was streamed for 24 hours a couple of days ago, so that we could get the taste of it. I have listened to it quick a few times, and I must say that Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious has some great moments, but compared to The Butcher's Ballroom, it just doesn't stand out. The debut was so catchy and mind-blowing, but the new one just can't hold the candle. So... discuss...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
16.09.2009 - 22:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Mmmm The first song is a fucking killer imho. but I haven't lsitened to anything more than that. I still have high expectations though. They said they were going to do something different. And sometimes people just want bands to do the same thing because that thing was just waaaaay to good to be just in one album, you know.

And about the debut... Amazing listen. One of the best albums I've heard and I'm a proud owner of a copy. :9
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2009 - 02:10
MetalSpider

I'll have to listen to both albums again (the new one is pretty good but it wasnt that special)
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
17.09.2009 - 08:41
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
The new album beats the crap out of The Butcher's Ballroom, they are heavier, but they are still the Diablo Swing Orchestra they claim to be. I saw them live on monday and they gave us a hell of a show, nice people overall, they played some new songs and also songs from their debut, very cool show indeed. Don't know how to say this but the new album has mmm ¡¡¡Sabor!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.09.2009 - 14:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
The new album is a HUGE disappointment compared to the debut Butcher's Ballroom.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 18:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 14:12

The new album is a HUGE disappointment compared to the debut Butcher's Ballroom.

Is it? I haven't heard more than the first song... What are the bad points of the album?
----
Rod, let me love you.
23.09.2009 - 00:09
distorted rage

Is DSO a band with staying power, or is their sound more of a gimmick?
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
23.09.2009 - 05:23
Fhuesc

I agree with Marcel, their new album is disappointing. Only found 1 memorable song, the rest is too Thrashy and uninspired for me.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
23.09.2009 - 14:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hahahah listening right now to Balrog Boogie, such a funny song, makes me wanna snap my fingers, dance like in West Side Story/Beat It and talk like a gangsta
24.09.2009 - 18:14
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
Oh well, I listened to it, i find it good, the structures of the songs seems even more unconventional than the previous, but i found it to be too accelerated at times, i decided to give it a rest and listen to it after a while....
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
24.09.2009 - 20:25
Derwood

After my first listen, the new album's not nearly as good as The Butcher's Ballroom. It's certainly not as memorable. Favourite track is the tango, "A Rancid Romance."

Of course, all of this is subject to change with subsequent listens.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
01.10.2009 - 08:13
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I just can say that this band is awesome, the new album is really wonderful, great (and memorable) songs, they have evolved since their first effort, and that's a good thing.
I can't stop listening to the new album, surely one of the best releases of the year, I like it even more than "The Butcher's Ballroom".
They did all what I wanted them to do: become more aggressive, shorten the number of songs, more male singing, and more experimentation. Also they are more experienced musicians than before. They did it!

I would like to see them live again, now with a whole setlist for them, not as openers.

Thumbs Up
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
01.10.2009 - 08:27
Sunioj

Some parts of the new album are pleasurable to listen to. Otherwise, I found myself cringing at the annoying vocals of the male vocalist. I'm not sure how to describe it... the music just seems like its made for a circus. I can appreciate aesthetics of that nature to a certain extent. Otherwise, I'd say that it was a little bit too much for me.
10.11.2009 - 00:05
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I've only listened to the butcher's ballroom and i liked it alot, it's quite different and unique...haven't heard the new album but as i can read, it wasn't their best work, maybe i'll just stick to this one
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
10.11.2009 - 13:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by nana.MD on 10.11.2009 at 00:05

I've only listened to the butcher's ballroom and i liked it alot, it's quite different and unique...haven't heard the new album but as i can read, it wasn't their best work, maybe i'll just stick to this one

Nah, you should check it out too. They are still pretty unique... I ahven't heard anything similar. The only "problem" is that it's less strong than the debut but then again.. it's better than a lot of stuff that has been done this year imo.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.11.2009 - 08:36
nana.MD
Star-Queen
@Mr Dr: Ok then ill see if i can find it hehe...another problem though...they aren't that popular over here, in fact i only know another guy who knows/likes them

uhm i wonder if i can find them in torrent!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
11.11.2009 - 18:35
Hellish Star

These guys gave me an enormous headache....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.11.2009 - 18:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Hellish Star on 11.11.2009 at 18:35

A good or bad one? Because I've felt like shit after many albums that I find amazing.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.11.2009 - 21:44
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by nana.MD on 11.11.2009 at 08:36

@Mr Dr: Ok then ill see if i can find it hehe...another problem though...they aren't that popular over here, in fact i only know another guy who knows/likes them

uhm i wonder if i can find them in torrent!

Well, actually I think you should try with their new album, almost every fellow metalhead in my group loves them :p I prefer the new one over their debut, both are great albums, but IMO they got better with this release.
----
11.11.2009 - 23:05
Hellish Star

Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.11.2009 at 18:37

Written by Hellish Star on 11.11.2009 at 18:35

A good or bad one? Because I've felt like shit after many albums that I find amazing.

A very bad one, what a shit-band...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.11.2009 - 23:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Hellish Star on 11.11.2009 at 23:05

A very bad one, what a shit-band...

Hhahahah, well, it's not for everyone, that's for sure.
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.11.2009 - 04:48
The Impaler

I was introduced to The Diablo Swing Orchestra about 2 months ago when they added me on myspace. Their music is fucking awesome, unfortunately I only have "The Butcher's Ballroom". It's an amazing album, but nowhere near as good as the newer shit that they have posted on Myspace, this forum reminds me of how much I need to get the new album
----
We were masters of life and death,
In that specific moment.
And we chose death.
25.11.2009 - 20:48
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by The Impaler on 21.11.2009 at 04:48

I only have "The Butcher's Ballroom". It's an amazing album, but nowhere near as good as the newer shit that they have posted on Myspace.

interesting, you are one of the very few ones here that thinks the new album is better than the debut.
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.12.2009 - 18:47
the stranger

Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.11.2009 at 20:48

Written by The Impaler on 21.11.2009 at 04:48

I only have "The Butcher's Ballroom". It's an amazing album, but nowhere near as good as the newer shit that they have posted on Myspace.

interesting, you are one of the very few ones here that thinks the new album is better than the debut.

I'm one of those too. Much more diverse and crazy than the debut. Also the artwork is some lunatic shit.
20.12.2009 - 18:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by the stranger on 20.12.2009 at 18:47

Also the artwork is some lunatic shit.

Hahahaha yeah, I can agree on that... It's really fucked up [in the good way of course]
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.12.2009 - 18:56
the stranger

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.12.2009 at 18:53

Written by the stranger on 20.12.2009 at 18:47

Also the artwork is some lunatic shit.

Hahahaha yeah, I can agree on that... It's really fucked up [in the good way of course]

Yeah, when I saw the cover of the new album for the first time, I thought this is one of the reasons why I love this band.
22.12.2009 - 03:18
The Impaler

The main reason that I think the newer album is better is because i'm severely hung up on A Tap Dancer's Dilemma haha
----
We were masters of life and death,
In that specific moment.
And we chose death.
16.01.2010 - 21:36
Fat & Sassy!

These guys are fucking fantastic. I don't really understand what the negativity is all about with their latest album... Although it's a bit more wacky, it's really just more of the same. I REALLY like the closing track. :O
18.01.2010 - 17:12
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious it pretty great in my opinion. It's different than the previous one, but it doesn't say anything.. Also for me it's one of those albums that it takes time to get used to, and so far I love the process.
21.01.2010 - 00:00
the stranger

Written by Guest on 18.01.2010 at 17:12

Sing Along Songs for the Damned & Delirious it pretty great in my opinion. It's different than the previous one, but it doesn't say anything.. Also for me it's one of those albums that it takes time to get used to, and so far I love the process.

I loved it from the first time I heard it.