01. Bilietas Į Cirką
02. Šliundra
03. Praregėjimo Diena
04. Šaltyje Akmens
05. Prasmekit
06. Jums
07. Aš Grifas
08. Atiduokit Mirusius

Dissimulation mix glimpses of Death, Black & Thrash into mid-paced to fast, mediocre, overly poppish and bland metal. Say what?

Frankly, I can't be bothered to give more of an introduction for this band, as I'm in general not a fan of wasted energy and effort. Instead, I'll point this very useful link out to you, if you really want to learn more about these bland Black/Thrashers.

You know, don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with Black Thrash. Quite the opposite actually, the genre can create a dark rage that has few matches. When done right, obviously. But Dissimulation doesn't do it right. Hell, at times they sound like they don't even care themselves. The title track, for example "Atiduokit Mirusius" starts off reasonably, but halfway it sinks deep into a swamp of lethargy. Add that particular track to the overkill of filler-riff and wholly un-exciting song writing ideas and it's as if the band doesn't even want us to thrash our heads. I'm actually quite offended that they are trying to shove their boring drivel down my throat.

And you may know how to handle your guitar, but once it results in angry reviewers, you're pretty much screwed. But there's a reason for my anger, and that is this piece of mediocrity. It doesn't spark, it doesn't excite, it's just there. Predictability and the lack of originality kill this album. Check a sample if you don't believe me, but don't bother me whining about your time lost.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 5
Originality: 5
Production: 6

Written on 17.09.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 152 users
18.09.2009 - 17:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol i guess the cover pretty much gives the album away as a piece of crap huh?
18.09.2009 - 17:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Valentin B on 18.09.2009 at 17:48

Did you see the cover of Candlemass - Candlemass?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.09.2009 - 17:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.09.2009 at 17:49

Written by Valentin B on 18.09.2009 at 17:48

Did you see the cover of Candlemass - Candlemass?

that's like a Da Vinci painting compared to this crap. plus it didn't jump on the "OMG EVIL SATAAHHHHNNNNNNNN" bandwagon.

a retarded 2 year old could have come up with this.
18.09.2009 - 20:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Candlemass is an established band (a genre leader, really) with a history of both artistic (Nightfall) and fairly minimalist (the *-us album) covers.

Further, i'll say that a "rightside up" cross is a bit daring of an album cover within metal.

The converse is true with this album's, uh, artwork.

an inverted cross (or pentagram) is just an easy, safe cover. not risky, not challenging, not imaginative. basically, the lack of spark in the cover artwork pretty much is in line with Lucas' assessment of the music within - "predictability and lack of originality."
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.09.2009 - 03:54
Hate_All
.|.. O_o ..|.
Put 3 more cross on that and beneath write "god hate us all"
And would look just like the Slayer outside cover -_-

@Valentin B...i can't agree more thou
19.09.2009 - 05:46
ponderer

Wow man, tell us how you really feel! Haha. Nice review. Well worded and well said all the way around. I haven't listened to it and I probably won't listen to it. The whole "WE'RE EVIL" thing has been beaten to death, resurrected and beaten to death again and again and again... I miss Chuck Schuldiner. Oozing talent from every pore with blistering riffing, blasting beats and chunky rhythms everywhere. I had Symbolic just fucking blasting driving around town to and from work today. There will never be another like Chuck.
19.09.2009 - 08:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by ponderer on 19.09.2009 at 05:46

Wow man, tell us how you really feel! Haha. Nice review. Well worded and well said all the way around. I haven't listened to it and I probably won't listen to it. The whole "WE'RE EVIL" thing has been beaten to death, resurrected and beaten to death again and again and again... I miss Chuck Schuldiner. Oozing talent from every pore with blistering riffing, blasting beats and chunky rhythms everywhere. I had Symbolic just fucking blasting driving around town to and from work today. There will never be another like Chuck.

what's Chuck got to do with this? you're saying he wasn't trying to be evil but instead was really talented as a death metal guitarist?
21.09.2009 - 16:06
ponderer

Just saying I miss Chuck. Go take a pill.
21.09.2009 - 19:24
Kveldulv

It is obvious that the author of this review does not own the physical copy of this album, since the real front cover looks like this:
http://www.diabolicalconquest.com/reviews/dissimulation-atiduokit_misurius.png

the cut-out upside down cross in white background is just a part of a slipcase.
----
May the hammer smash the cross
21.09.2009 - 21:25
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Awfully boring and repetitive album.The review said it all!
21.09.2009 - 23:14
Rating: 4
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Kveldulv on 21.09.2009 at 19:24

It is obvious that the author of this review does not own the physical copy of this album, since the real front cover looks like this:
http://www.diabolicalconquest.com/reviews/dissimulation-atiduokit_misurius.png

the cut-out upside down cross in white background is just a part of a slipcase.

Actually I do own it. But I reviewed it, then waited a day or two till I published it. M-A was down so I googled, but had the wrong picture.

My bad.

----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama

Hits total: 4507 | This month: 5