Metal Storm logo
Dragonland - New Song Online

Swedish metallers Dragonland have issued the following updateon their MySpace blog:

"After what may seem to some like a lifetime of silence, we have now debuted a new song on our MySpace! The song, "The Shadow Of The Mithril Mountains" is a high quality preproduction of our forthcoming, yet untitled album, tentatively out in early 2010.

We would love to hear your reactions on the song!

Hails!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Dragonland
Posted: 21.09.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 27 users
22.09.2009 - 12:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
"The Shadow Of The Mithril Mountains" - i would say it is "higher average" in power metal...i like the "fanfares" in interlude and the refrain

i also noticed another "new song" on their myspace - a cover of "Neverending story" theme song performed by Limahl and Beth Anderson...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.09.2009 - 12:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Irritable Ted on 21.09.2009 at 21:34

...spoken intros are not cool.

What about The Number Of The Beast?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.09.2009 - 13:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And what do you say about my "spoken intro" in Scents Of Death song - http://www.myspace.com/ennorathbm

(sorry for the poor quality, it is just working version w/o live instruments)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.10.2009 - 08:57
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Hmm...Astronomy is one of my favourite albums in the genre, and the astronomy-based theme was a step in the right direction imo...Now they are apparently returning back to fantasy themes, hope they know what they're doing...The song is not bad, but it is kinda uninspired really, and definitely not up to Astronomy...Still, it is nice, and I'm looking forward to the album...
08.10.2009 - 17:05
Rogue30

Agree with Metal Maiden. Astronomy was Direction Perfection.
14.12.2009 - 04:20
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
A lack of effort, disapointing
19.12.2009 - 17:09
shisha

After genius Astronomica, I considered them the best in the genre. Nice song, but as Metal Maiden said, not even close to Astronomica. It seems this song is influenced by new Rhapsody works. Rhapsody is not so great as they use to be, so I hope new Dragonland will be on a higher level then their influences are today.
09.01.2010 - 00:34
His Eminence
Account deleted
I agree with the you guys...Astronomy was their best by far. In my opinion it put them up above most of the power metal genre. I really hope the new album is as good if not better...

Hits total: 2630 | This month: 5