02. March Of The Fire Ants
03. Hail To Fire
04. Where Strides The Behemoth
05. Battle At Sea
06. Mother Puncher
07. Burning Man
08. Workhorse
09. Crusher Destroyer

An album like Remission deserves a good different review?I thought the most alienated ideas, but I came to mind of a little thing I used to make in primary school, flowing ideas, or flowing thoughts.

Ideas storm:
-Remission is an incredible album, it has all the musical twists you could ask for in a band, melodies(Ol'e Nessie, a great song with an incredibly overwhelming harmonious intro), Brutal riffs(March Of The Fire Ants, Workhorse), The most complex Drums in the genre(every single song is a good example), the most awesome guitars (with some slow yet great solos, check Trampled under Hoof).

-The drums; it's very difficult to find a good drummer within this genre, every song has great drums, an insane performance with the high drum, the toms are well executed (specially when Brann Dailor plays with those 8th's 6th's and the floor toms) the cymbals are a blast, clean as new glass, the ride is the best ever(amazingly in time with the bass and the hi-hat), and man the crash is awesome, Mastodon's chief instrument is definitely the drums.

-Every song has a little intro, (the best one is the one in Marc Of The Fire Ants), a little prelude to what the song is going to be, but I think the band made this only for execution issues, to polish the song, to demonstrate of what they are made of, to show their Skills.

-I can't talk about the best song on Remission, every song is really inconceivable, multifarious, wonderful, magnificent, superb, and every synonym you can think of, from Crusher Destroyer(a blasting brutal song, with the most aggressive and violent structures) to Elephant Man( the most calm and complex song in the album, great solos, great pulse, everything, well except that weird hidden distortion after the 7th minute), Workhorse, Trainwreck, Ol'e Nessie, March Of The Fire Ants, Trilobite, every single song is spectacular.

-Everything within this album is historical, I am sure that Mastodon is going to change the way people see metal (though I do not know if this is a good thing or a bad thing), I loved this album from the beginning to it's end, I Highly Recommend it for people who wants different types of music, extreme yet progressive, violent yet mellow, insane yet beautiful.

Written by Herzebeth | 03.01.2005

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 41   Visited by: 239 users
10.08.2014 - 04:27
Rating: 9
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 09.08.2014 at 23:58

Actually, if someone thinks Mastodon is anything more than a generic Rock band trying to be edgy, they're a faggot.

Ha! Says someone with Amon Amarth in their favorite bands list. Also calling someone a "faggot" as an insult is really...really stupid.
10.08.2014 - 07:08
no one
Account deleted
10.08.2014 - 23:00
ArcanaHereticae

Written by Guest on 10.08.2014 at 00:43

I don't appreciate the context of how he's referring to Disturbed.

So do something.

Written by Alex F on 10.08.2014 at 04:27

Ha! Says someone with Amon Amarth in their favorite bands list. Also calling someone a "faggot" as an insult is really...really stupid.

So Amon Amarth makes me a fluffybunny? This is coming from the jolt cola drinker who has "Portugal. The Man" and "From Autumn To Ashes" in his list...
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
10.08.2014 - 23:48
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 10.08.2014 at 23:00

jolt cola drinker

Please tell me you're a troll. And no, I don't think having a preference in certain bands dictates your sexual preference, I was mocking you because you're an asshole.
11.08.2014 - 00:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Why are so many people on the Internet obsessed with calling other people meat products that are made from offal?
11.08.2014 - 01:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh, so this is what the SB shouts are about

Not to lose the habit:
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
11.08.2014 - 01:54
Diverge

Written by Karlabos on 11.08.2014 at 01:50

Oh, so this is what the SB shouts are about

Not to lose the habit:

Haha the classic Karlabos popcorn post.

In all seriousness, though, I'm fascinated by what this Internet toughguy (and possibly real life toughguy) is going to do next.
11.08.2014 - 02:37
moonflash

I came here to see if Karlabos was eating popcorn. Was not disappointed. :-P
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
11.08.2014 - 02:53
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Hey, save some for other MSers.
11.08.2014 - 03:23
Rating: 8
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Boy isn't this a fun time. it's great editing posts of people who use foul language.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.08.2014 - 04:32
Diverge

Written by BitterCOld on 11.08.2014 at 03:23

Boy isn't this a fun time. it's great editing posts of people who use foul language.

+1 for the edits. Probably even funnier than the post itself.

Hits total: 12044 | This month: 16