Band: Kivimetsän Druidi
Album: Mustan Valtikan Aika
Style: Symphonic folk metal
Release date: 2006

01. Pohoinen Mahti
02. Koston Miekka
03. Pedon Loitsu
04. Mustan Valtikan Aika

I didn't have the luck to listen to the last demo of Kivimetsan Druidi, "Taival", but I heard a lot of good things about it. It's a real pleasure for me then, to have the luck to do the review of this really promising band that comes from Finland. If you like Folk Metal, in the spirit of Midnattsol, please have a look on this new demo?

As I said before, Kivimetsan Druidi plays Folk Metal, but yes this is the same kind of music than Midnattsol so don't except something a la Korpiklaani for example. We have a really good female singer with a nice and beautiful voice, some grunts produced by Joni and evidently a lot of really cool "Nordic" ambiances. It sounds good and the lyrics in Finnish give one other original touch to the music of the band. No really, Kivimetsan Druidi is a super promising band, however and I regret it, we don't hear a lot of traditional instruments and that's a bit sad. But who know maybe that we will have some in the future?

As I know (but I'm not sure since I don't even know how to say beer in Suomi language) the lyrics talk about Fantasy stories and when I see the different musical ambiances, I think that it fits perfectly to the music (you know, we can have the same feeling when you listen to Turisas (even if they don't play the same music of course)). But good lyrics plus music is not always synonym of success right? So I think that I have to fix a point now, Kivimetsan Druidi knows how to write hits, they know how to produce a music that will stay in your head for a long time and "Koston Miekka" is probably the best example to explain my feeling. This song is a pearl, catchy as hell, this is the proof that Kivimetsan Druidi is a great band and don't worry the three other songs are good too.

With a good production, sound like artwork, this Demo is a super surprise for me, and will probably be a confirmation for all the ones who were so enthusiast after the release of the last demo. It's a good band, no doubt and I will follow their career, though I'm sure that it will be easy for us, the metalheads, to find everywhere their first upcoming CD in a really near future? Congratulations to this great newcomer in the world of Folk Metal.

Written by Jeff | 10.03.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 15 users
25.09.2009 - 14:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Druidi are great band live...and i think it should be even better in future
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3918 | This month: 9