Metal Storm logo
3 Inches Of Blood - Former Bassist Dies In Accident

Weekly Volcano has posted the following article:

"We have lost a friend, family member, lover, musician and all around good person," posted Doyle's Public House co-owner Russ Heaton on his popular Tacoma bar's website.

It is with a sad heart that I report that Brian Redman died Saturday night in a motor vehicle accident in Tacoma. Redman recently returned to Tacoma after living in Southern California for a short stint. Before he left for California, he tended bar at Doyle's and fronted the rock band the Dirty Knockers. Redman also had a two-year run as bassist for metal band 3 Inches Of Blood. Doyle's Public House will be closed today (Sunday 09/27) as the owners and staff mourn the lost of their friend. On behalf of everyone at the Weekly Volcano, I extend our deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Brian Redman."

3 Inches Of Blood issued the following statement:

"We are shocked and saddened by the tragic loss of our friend and former band mate Brian Redman. Brian was a outgoing and charismatic person who was great friends with most people he met. We couldn't help but smile or laugh when he was around. He had such a likable personality but also had a knack for putting serious things into perspective.

While in the band Brian played a big part. He joined the band shortly after signing a big record deal, and endured the turmoil that followed after recording our "Advance and Vanquish" album. For a time the bands future was uncertain, but Brian was unwavering in his desire to play this music with us. He was loved by many and enjoyed life to the fullest. Goodbye Brian, our fallen brother. You will be greatly missed."

Source: weeklyvolcano.typepad.com
Band profile: 3 Inches Of Blood
Posted: 29.09.2009 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 240 users
29.09.2009 - 12:30
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
RIP mate!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
29.09.2009 - 12:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Sad day, he did a good job on A&V....shame he probably could have had a good future in the biz.

RIP.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.09.2009 - 13:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
O man..that's very sad...

RIP
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.09.2009 - 15:18
VPeter

Never liked 3 Inches of Blood, but Rest in Peace dude. This kind of news always sucks.
29.09.2009 - 16:36
Jon

RIP Brian.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
29.09.2009 - 18:20
RainFillsRivers

May Metal rest his soul.
----
- Wrainth
29.09.2009 - 20:50
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Although 3 inches of blood is not my type of thing but we've lost a member of our metal family.
May his soul rest in peace and deepest sympathies to the family of Brian Redman.:cry:
29.09.2009 - 22:25
Sy-Furr

Wow sad. I have been too that bar a few times. Good place. RIP.
30.09.2009 - 00:00
Opethian

Omg RIP my friend !
30.09.2009 - 00:36
wormdrink414

RIP. Advance and Vanquish is a killer album. All contributors are to be honored.
30.09.2009 - 00:45
Crème fraiche

Aww
30.09.2009 - 02:32
Thrash666

Like everyone else has said...... Never a huge fan but you can't see this and not feel sad. Always horrible to hear news like this.

R.I.P. Brian
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
30.09.2009 - 03:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RIP always sad read such news
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2009 - 04:24
Symmachus

I'm not as familiar with this band as I want to be, but RIP Brian Redman. He must have been a nice guy.
30.09.2009 - 05:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Damn thats fuckin awful. worst way to go out, ever. R.I.P.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.09.2009 - 08:00
Murder

Fuck... rest in peace man... I'm a 3iob fan but hear this kind of news always is awful and sad...

30.09.2009 - 08:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn, I was in Tacoma that night :/ Sad news
02.10.2009 - 23:22
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
...another life lost. His legacy lives with 3iob I guess though. You can never take away Advance and Vanquish. He's still alive there at least.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.

Hits total: 4136 | This month: 3