Metal Storm logo
Hellfest 2010 - First Names Anounced

Here we are with the first list of bands for the Hellfest 2010!

7 SECONDS - AGNOSTIC FRONT - ARCHITECTS - ARCH ENEMY - ATHEIST - BEHEMOTH - BLACK COBRA - BLOODBATH - BORN FROM PAIN - COUNT RAVEN - DARK FUNERAL - DYING FETUS - EARTH CRISIS - FINNTROLL - GENERAL SURGERY - GHOST BRIGADE - GWAR - IMMORTAL - KAMPFAR - NEGURA BUNGET - OBSCURA - RWAKE - SAVIOURS - SECRETS OF THE MOON - SEPULTURA - SUFFOCATION - SWALLOW THE SUN - SWORN ENEMY - TANKARD - TWISTED SISTER - WALLS OF JERICHO - WEEDEATER

80 bands are still to be announced, including headliners!

Early booking rates are already available through Digitick www.digitick.com for 99? between September, 30 and November, 28 2009, for a 20% save on the final ticket price! Don't wait to get your key to heaven!

The Hellfest Team

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2010
Posted: 30.09.2009 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   Visited by: 374 users
30.09.2009 - 15:43
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Enjoy enjoy
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
30.09.2009 - 16:21
Elio
Red Nightmare
Cool, Atheist!!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
30.09.2009 - 16:38
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Ah, so Bloodbath do go on festival tour next year. Better chances for them to play in Wacken as well.
----
30.09.2009 - 16:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by corrupt on 30.09.2009 at 16:38

Ah, so Bloodbath do go on festival tour next year. Better chances for them to play in Wacken as well.

I know you live around the corner from Wacken but why don't you leave that festival to the annoying masses and come join us at a smaller (I think 20.000 max per day) more relaxed festival in France instead.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.09.2009 - 17:25
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2009 at 16:55

Written by corrupt on 30.09.2009 at 16:38

I know you live around the corner from Wacken but why don't you leave that festival to the annoying masses and come join us at a smaller (I think 20.000 max per day) more relaxed festival in France instead.

I'm not as much of a festival guy as it might appear. I started attending Wacken to get to see more bands I don't know or haven't had a chance to see yet. And so far it has paid off. And now that there's a chance to see one of my recent favourites and seeing that they won't play a real tour soon I would love to see them play the festival that is most convenient for me to attend. But it's not worth the 1.300 km ride to Clisson for me. Not as long as I'm still a studend and living on what small money I earn here and there.
----
30.09.2009 - 17:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by corrupt on 30.09.2009 at 17:25

I'm not as much of a festival guy as it might appear. I started attending Wacken to get to see more bands I don't know or haven't had a chance to see yet. And so far it has paid off. And now that there's a chance to see one of my recent favourites and seeing that they won't play a real tour soon I would love to see them play the festival that is most convenient for me to attend. But it's not worth the 1.300 km ride to Clisson for me. Not as long as I'm still a studend and living on what small money I earn here and there.

Oh yeah I forgot about you not really being a festival guy (neither am I btw) and when it comes to Hellfest you will have to camp (unfortunately) unless you start booking your hotelroom now.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.09.2009 - 17:31
Deadsoulman

Really cool list of bands, as always
30.09.2009 - 17:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Yes, already a cool list and a nic emix of genres ranging from old school hard rock to some REAL hardcore
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.09.2009 - 18:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Thats good news for Saviours. I liked them a lot when they played with High On Fire.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.09.2009 - 18:55
Sjuk
Lord Of Jörg
Amazing news !
30.09.2009 - 19:32
Darkside Momo
Retired
Did I already say 'count me in'? If not, that's done now
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
30.09.2009 - 20:11
Ernis
狼獾
Which Negura Bunget? The group split with a scandal and, in fact, the sole original member who was not even the main songwriter does not have the moral right to continue under that name.....
30.09.2009 - 20:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Agnostic front? why?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.09.2009 - 20:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 30.09.2009 at 20:16

Agnostic front? why?

Why not? They are a brilliant hardcore band.
And before you start to whine... what is hardcore doing there? The festival started as more or less a hardcore festival with just a few metal bands.
Besides, loads of metallers like real hardcore. I would say bring it on... not just 7 Seconds, Agnostic Front, Born From Pain, Earth Crisis, Wall Of Jericho but also Madball, Sick Of It All, Bad Brains, old Crumbsuckers, Cro-Mags (oops we had them last year), Minor Threat, etc etc
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.09.2009 - 21:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
ARCH ENEMY - ATHEIST - BLOODBATH - COUNT RAVEN - - FINNTROLL - - IMMORTAL - KAMPFAR - NEGURA BUNGET - - SECRETS OF THE MOON - TANKARD - TWISTED SISTER -

Those bands are for me top what I wanna see but COUNT RAVEN stands out from all, its Nr 1
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2009 - 23:54
arj

Interesting line up. Hellfest never fails to bring the best. Blooodbath is definately one to see
01.10.2009 - 00:41
Idioglossia

WEEDEATER!
01.10.2009 - 01:13
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Behemoth AND Suffocation? Oh man, that sounds so awesome. I wish I had the money to go there.
01.10.2009 - 03:40
Got Mayhem?

Behemoth, dying fetus, bloodbath, atheist, suffocation, dark funeral and Imortal?

Unfortunately...France is not an option for me.
----
01.10.2009 - 04:57
Newfie_Metal

Hellfest always has a great lineup
01.10.2009 - 05:53
DoomGuard

Noone has said "wtf" to Walls of Jericho yet?

Let me say it:

WTF?!?! WALLS OF JERICHO?!?!
01.10.2009 - 07:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2009 at 20:41

And before you start to whine... what is hardcore doing there? The festival started as more or less a hardcore festival with just a few metal bands.
Besides, loads of metallers like real hardcore. I would say bring it on... not just 7 Seconds, Agnostic Front, Born From Pain, Earth Crisis, Wall Of Jericho but also Madball, Sick Of It All, Bad Brains, old Crumbsuckers, Cro-Mags (oops we had them last year), Minor Threat, etc etc

whoa im not whining about hardcore being there. and i can totally appreciate Sick of It All, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags and Minor Threat. its just that i dont find agnostic front to be all that good. they just dont do it for me. i've got their "rare" united blood EP from '83 and their '07 release and neither era does it for me. even their "victim in pain" album which people tout as their "crowning achievement" doesnt do it for me. just an opinion, relax.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.10.2009 - 07:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 01.10.2009 at 07:12

whoa im not whining about hardcore being there. and i can totally appreciate Sick of It All, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags and Minor Threat. its just that i dont find agnostic front to be all that good. they just dont do it for me. i've got their "rare" united blood EP from '83 and their '07 release and neither era does it for me. even their "victim in pain" album which people tout as their "crowning achievement" doesnt do it for me. just an opinion, relax.

My bad for thinking you were whining about hardcore in general. I only thought that because most people here on MS tend to do that when a couple of great hardcore bands pop-up on a festival bill like this one.
For me the UNited Blood ep and Warriors don't do it either and also not Victim In Pain (which is btw usually regarded as their corwning achievment by punks only) But I am a huge fan of the way more metallic (yes that's metalcore there for you) Cause For Alarm and One Voice.
But live they always deliver no matter what tracks they play.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2009 - 07:50
tulkas
el parcero
Maaaan, I seriously need to get a job or whatever that can give me enough money to be able to go to europe and attend this sort of festivals.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
01.10.2009 - 08:19
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by DoomGuard on 01.10.2009 at 05:53

Noone has said "wtf" to Walls of Jericho yet?

Let me say it:

WTF?!?! WALLS OF JERICHO?!?!

And why would we say that? As Marcel stated above, Hellfest was at first a mostly-hardcore fest. And WoJ were there in 2007 already.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
01.10.2009 - 11:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2009 at 07:19

My bad for thinking you were whining about hardcore in general. I only thought that because most people here on MS tend to do that when a couple of great hardcore bands pop-up on a festival bill like this one.
For me the UNited Blood ep and Warriors don't do it either and also not Victim In Pain (which is btw usually regarded as their corwning achievment by punks only) But I am a huge fan of the way more metallic (yes that's metalcore there for you) Cause For Alarm and One Voice.
But live they always deliver no matter what tracks they play.

understandable, i dont normally care about what kinda music a band plays as long its appropriate for the venue and accompanying bands they play with, you know? but for the sake of trying to see where you're coming from in terms of Agnostic Front's highlights from a perdominantly metal based opinion, i will check out those albums and if its done well i'm sure i can find something good in it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

01.10.2009 - 11:41
Justice

Really this is the best festival
01.10.2009 - 12:37
Warman
Erotic Stains
I wanna go!
----
02.10.2009 - 09:45
Crème fraiche

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.09.2009 at 20:41

Written by LeChron James on 30.09.2009 at 20:16

Agnostic front? why?

I'm so jealous of you Europeans! Such a cool much of old school hardcore and metal! I would love if the states had festivals nearly as big or impressive

And old school hardcore like agnostic front, bad brains and earth crisis is awesome!
03.10.2009 - 15:07
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
It starts very good...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...

Hits total: 5819 | This month: 3