Metal Storm logo
Most Original American Death Metal

Original post

Posted by Cut-Throat, 22.07.2006 - 16:22
Here Is What to do!
Out Of The Following Bands Say Which Is the Most Original In Their Own Categories and Overall Original US Death Metal Band!

What Ever you Pick for your Overall Band means that is your final choice on what you think is the most Original US Death Metal Band out of these 9 and make that your Final Vote on the Poll!

Dont mention other Bands! These 9 Bands Listed Above Only!

You can use the One Band in as many Categories as you want if you wish!

Here is an EXAMPLE how to do it using these exact categories!

Most Original Vocals : Morbid Angel
Most Original Lyric Content : Cannibal Corpse
Most Original Guitar Sound : Obituary
Most Original Guitar Playing : Deicide
Most Original Drumming : Morbid Angel
Most Original Album Covers & Album Themes : Autopsy

Most Original US Death Metal Band Overall: Cannibal Corpse

NOTE: This is a random example!

Thanks!

Poll

Do The Survey Questions Below 1st Then Vote For The Most Original Band

Death
Morbid Angel
Cannibal Corpse
Obituary
Six Feet Under
Deicide
Incantation
Autopsy
Malevolent Creation

Total votes: 119
23.09.2007 - 06:22
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Death!!!! so good! definately the most original of the bands listed; because of Chucks unique style
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
23.09.2007 - 06:52
selken
Irreligious
It seems that Death is the absolute winner, as pionneers they are one of the most original Death Metal artists, not only for playing, as they evolved, but also the gutural screams, Chuck really knew how to do it!! low and high, and that's something that very few have ever done
----
23.09.2007 - 10:22
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Death aren't technically credited with creating death metal but are easily the best death metal band. This is probably the dumbest poll of all time. If you don't vote death or morbid angel, mainly death, you are a fucking idiot.
23.09.2007 - 17:14
Most Original Vocals : Cannibal Corpse
Most Original Lyric Content : Morbid Angel
Most Original Guitar Sound : Incantation
Most Original Guitar Playing : Morbid Angel
Most Original Album Covers & Album Themes : Cannibal Corpse

Most Original US Death Metal Band Overall : Incantation. Although many of the bands listed by the TC are definitely pioneers of a subsection of death metal, I think that Incantation easily has the most distinct sound.
23.09.2007 - 17:25
Infurnace
It's either Death or Morbid Angel for me. Death has some really original vocals, and Morbid Angel has got great lyric content. Death's guitar sound was pretty cool and original, and Morbid Angel's drumming sounds pretty original to me.
23.09.2007 - 17:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infurnace on 23.09.2007 at 17:25

It's either Death or Morbid Angel for me. Death has some really original vocals, and Morbid Angel has got great lyric content. Death's guitar sound was pretty cool and original, and Morbid Angel's drumming sounds pretty original to me.

Dont agree IMO best lyrics has Death, but MA only fiew songs has good lyrics, thay are only lyrics but Death was some philosophycal meaning ... Cuck death proove it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.12.2007 - 06:39
bucky01403
Account deleted
Death, Morbid Angel and Deicide did their share as well.
02.12.2007 - 22:44
Woutjinho
Account deleted
voted deicide... but it was hard to pick one
the only band that wouldnt win for me was Six Feet Under.
03.12.2007 - 04:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
You guys are doing this shit wrong.
03.12.2007 - 06:26
ArcanaHereticae
Written by theflyingmachine on 23.09.2007 at 17:14

Most Original US Death Metal Band Overall : Incantation. Although many of the bands listed by the TC are definitely pioneers of a subsection of death metal, I think that Incantation easily has the most distinct sound.

Are you kidding?

Morbid Angel or Death have got to be it. But I'd say more so Morbid Angel. Though Death was credited the most, Morbid Angel's sound can be heard in so many modern bands' sounds.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
03.12.2007 - 10:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 03.12.2007 at 04:28

Like always
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.12.2007 - 11:50
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 03.12.2007 at 04:28

I answered the questions by myself...

on the other hand: Six Feet Under is quite original, because no band plays death metal this simple and slow
not even real death metal
03.12.2007 - 15:40
VPeter
Death, people before me have already said all the reasons.
04.12.2007 - 03:41
TheReaperBuzznet
Account deleted
Personally I feel this is kind of a dumb question because Death is the most original of all, after all they are really THE original, but when you look at the genre as a whole from today's standpoint, this is how I think it stacks up from these options:

Vocals: Obituary (You can tell it's them immediately, even a song you haven't heard)
Lyrics: Cannibal Corpse (For the time, I suppose)
Guitar: Morbid Angel (Old school stuff)
Drumming: Morbid Angel
Album Covers: Cannibal Corpse

Overall: DEATH!!!
04.12.2007 - 05:31
Lord TJ
Death. Pioneers of Death Metal. Nuff said.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
05.12.2007 - 20:38
Written by ArcanaHereticae on 03.12.2007 at 06:26

Are you kidding?

Morbid Angel or Death have got to be it. But I'd say more so Morbid Angel. Though Death was credited the most, Morbid Angel's sound can be heard in so many modern bands' sounds.

Exactly my point. Influences from Morbid Angel and Death can be heard in tons of band's songs, but I can't think of anyone sounding like Incantation. Considering this thread is called Most Original American Death Metal, it would be contradictory to vote for a band that is as oft-imitated as Morbid Angel.
05.12.2007 - 20:41
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Death is the king of the kings. Death forever.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
05.12.2007 - 22:05
ArcanaHereticae
Written by theflyingmachine on 05.12.2007 at 20:38

Written by ArcanaHereticae on 03.12.2007 at 06:26

Are you kidding?

Exactly my point. Influences from Morbid Angel and Death can be heard in tons of band's songs, but I can't think of anyone sounding like Incantation. Considering this thread is called Most Original American Death Metal, it would be contradictory to vote for a band that is as oft-imitated as Morbid Angel.

I wouldn't say ripped off or imitated, I'd say influenced heavily. But oh well, agree to disagree.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
09.12.2007 - 08:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Incantation for me, something about them always clicked with me. they seem to have great heaviness even in the recordings that lack top notch sound quality.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.02.2008 - 14:51
NOИ
Death but since Chuck is dead, my vote goes with Deicide.
27.02.2008 - 06:31
selken
Irreligious
Most Original Vocals : Death
Most Original/Funny Lyric Content : Cannibal Corpse
Most Original Guitar Sound : Deicide
Most Original Drumming : Deicide
Most Original Album Covers & Album Themes : Cannibal Corpse

Most Original US Death Metal Band Overall: Death

Just like you guys
----
01.03.2008 - 17:52
Desertman
Account deleted
MORBID ANGEL!!! not only american but also in the world!
08.03.2008 - 03:16
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Death, bc they were the pioneers of death metal...
11.03.2008 - 15:32
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Out of the bands you got listed....
Most Original Vocals : Obituary
Most Original Lyric Content : Cannibal Corpse
Most Original Guitar Sound : Incantation
Most Original Album Covers & Album Themes : Morbid Angel

Most Original US Death Metal Band Overall: Morbid Angel
17.10.2008 - 12:20
Yossarian
If you include Death in any Death metal poll they will be the winners. Well...except in Worst death band, though that will be unrespectful
12.06.2009 - 22:03
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Most unroriginal from all these is Six Feet Under.

now, to be on topic i'll change a bit the most original drumming. OBITUARY. it doesn't say best drumming. sandoval is the best by far but the drums of obituary are sick and catchy as hell!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.06.2009 - 18:32
TormentoR.
Written by Guest on 23.09.2007 at 10:22

Death aren't technically credited with creating death metal but are easily the best death metal band. This is probably the dumbest poll of all time. If you don't vote death or morbid angel, mainly death, you are a fucking idiot.

This is not the dumbest poll ov all time. But your post with no doubt the dumbest ov all time!

"Death 35" With NO DOUBT i bet like 15 or 20 ov these votes that have gone for Death are just like - Dude: hmm.. "Most original american death metal band" k, lets check this thread. oh, theres a poll too .. *sees Death..* gives vote without even reading the other bands and checking posts or anything..

- Just cuz Chuck is there, or the dude doesnt listen brutal stuff like CC or whatever.
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
16.06.2009 - 01:04
Numbskull
Cool thread.
For me it's got to be death. It's just too bad we didn't get to see them continue to evolve. I wonder if Chuck had survived what Death would sound like now.
16.06.2009 - 09:07
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Numbskull on 16.06.2009 at 01:04

Cool thread.
For me it's got to be death. It's just too bad we didn't get to see them continue to evolve. I wonder if Chuck had survived what Death would sound like now.

they'd probably dissapoint at least half of their fans by going strongly in progressive while pleasing the other half...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.06.2009 - 02:28
Doomed
Account deleted
I have voted for death ...i think they are 100% organic american death metal band