Metal Storm logo
Young people creating metal music (or any music in general)

03.10.2009 - 02:00
Symmachus
Here is a place to discuss bands or musicians who are rather young and have had their musical start early (it doesn't have to be metal music even, but this is a metal site, so that is probably what will end up happening; nothing wrong with that, by the way). It's either that or bands/musicians who started their careers at a young age, but have been in the business for a while since then. For instance, I can't call myself a fan of Behemoth, but I respect Adam Darski for keeping the band alive for so long and having two full-length albums released before Darski was 20. Also, Death (originally Mantas) was formed when Chuck Schuldiner was only 15 or 16 years of age, and several demos were released in the early-mid 1980s; Scream Bloody Gore was released on May 25, 1987, which was when Chuck Schuldiner was 19. Those are probably two of the many examples where stuff like that has happened. This curiosity spawned when I was thinking about my own musical projects (one active, one in the making); I am 17 and the active project has released two demos already, both of which have been released this year, 2009. So, what are your two cents on this?
03.10.2009 - 03:09
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Slayer, except Araya, were still teenagers when Show No Mercy was released and Sepultura were like 16 or 17 when Morbid Visions hit the shelves. I think sometimes it helps as they have more energy and guts about them, a teenager is agressive and reckless by nature. However, stuff like Hanson or Tokyio Hotel really stink and should never have been released on professional record labels, they just play on cuteness hoping girls will like them not on aggressive talented music.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.10.2009 - 03:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
When we talk about young people with lots of experience... The best example in my opinion is Kvarforth from Shining.

I mean... He did the first demo at age of 14. And two years later the debut was done... at the age of 18 he already had 3 full leghts!
And to think that he's the mastermind of a hell of an album such as The Eerie Cold when he was 21.

He's around 25 years old by now. And maked 6 albums with his band, 3 splits with other bands and also many collaborations... He's a talented motherfucker
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.10.2009 - 03:36
Symmachus
Yeah, Shining's Niklas Olsson was only 14 when Submit to Selfdestruction was released. I do have a great deal of respect for him.

Also, there was Decapitated. All the members must have been teenagers when Winds of Creation was released. Witold Kieltyka was 16 when that was released.
03.10.2009 - 10:44
FOOCK Nam
Man, a LOT the such cases you mention, Valfar of Windir, playing musical instrumental since very young, violin, guitar, etc. One dude from Satyricon too, some dude from Enslaved, etc. Yeah, Decapitated too, but I heard actually they released their stuff nearly 13 or 14.
15.06.2012 - 13:46
Vitek (RIP) of Decapitated was just 16 when Winds Of Creation was released.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
17.06.2012 - 03:46
Oaken
Hipster
Somber Eyes
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
17.06.2012 - 03:58
Mattybu
Written by Infernal Eternal on 15.06.2012 at 13:46

Yeah, that was the first person that came to mind for me to. He was damn good at drumming too.
17.06.2012 - 13:09
Written by Mattybu on 17.06.2012 at 03:58

Written by Infernal Eternal on 15.06.2012 at 13:46

Yeah, that was the first person that came to mind for me to. He was damn good at drumming too.

Awesome drummer, yeah.
----
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
18.06.2012 - 02:57
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Oaken on 17.06.2012 at 03:46

Somber Eyes

Hey >:(

People seem to like my ambient project
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.06.2012 - 13:08
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.06.2012 at 02:57

Written by Oaken on 17.06.2012 at 03:46

Somber Eyes

Hey >:(

People seem to like my ambient project

Ok.
Myrskyy.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
20.06.2012 - 19:35
Necrox
Ukri from Vermivore and De Lirium's Order. He played Bleed by Meshuggah (on drums) at 15 yrs old. He also did some newer Nile covers and a Divine Heresy cover at the same age.
20.06.2012 - 21:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Necrox on 20.06.2012 at 19:35

Ukri from Vermivore and De Lirium's Order. He played Bleed by Meshuggah (on drums) at 15 yrs old. He also did some newer Nile covers and a Divine Heresy cover at the same age.

Have you seen his, Hittie Dung Incantation cover?

Man, I'd love to be that talented.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.06.2012 - 21:58
Necrox
I have. I play drums, and those freaking videos demotivate me more than anything but they also motivate me more than anything
08.09.2012 - 11:35
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I know the members of Katatonia were around my age (18) when they first released Dance of December Souls, which I consider a masterpiece.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
26.07.2013 - 11:24
Well, I started writing lyrics when I was 13. I grew up in a neighborhood full of musicians (metal musicians too) so it wasn't hard to start a band.
----