Metal Storm logo
Old fart Metalstormers (The 45+ crowd)

Original post

Posted by Derwood, 13.10.2009 - 02:12
I know there are more of us here than Marcel and I... (I'm looking at you Lord Regnier and BitterCOld)

I figured we could use a thread of our own to discuss those things that are a concern to us aging metalheads, like actually buying albums and reminiscing about the scenes we grew up on and other things of little interest to all these young whippersnappers that are overrunning this place.

So...how many of us can still pull off the long hair without a hat? I know I'm out.
24.01.2017 - 16:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nah marcel is lying there is cone metal from Bolivia
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2017 - 13:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 24.01.2017 at 16:55

Nah marcel is lying there is cone metal from Bolivia

cone metal and also Jean haven't been active for a long long long time, so it seems I am the oldest ACTIVE member
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2019 - 01:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have been here as 8-19 years old pal, now I am 34, and many of us has been here 15 years as well. I am curious, how many of old members has family, children?
----

apos;'
[image]
15.04.2019 - 17:51
MetalstormBANatm

Im 32 been here around 19 now my english is perfect. No wife no children.
07.06.2020 - 04:27
Starvynth
i c deaf people
This has become a very lonely and sad place...

I guess I'm going to take a nap here until July 2021, the next legitimate old fart can wake me up then.
----
signatures = SPAM
07.06.2020 - 06:50
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Starvynth on 07.06.2020 at 04:27

This has become a very lonely and sad place...

I guess I'm going to take a nap here until July 2021, the next legitimate old fart can wake me up then.

I'll tap you on the shoulder to wake yer nap when the time comes.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.06.2020 - 08:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I always thought 45 was the metal equivalent of retirement and OBC and Marcel were given day passes in the form if Staff promotions to keep them from going insane 🤷‍♂️
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.06.2020 - 09:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.06.2020 at 08:38

I always thought 45 was the metal equivalent of retirement and OBC and Marcel were given day passes in the form if Staff promotions to keep them from going insane 🤷‍♂️

To be fair, this thread started out in '09 at 35+. Marcel just editing to tack on years to keep the riff-raff out.

and after re-reading this thread again, wonder if Cone Metal is still out there banging his head in Bolivia... would be 70 now. \m/
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.06.2020 - 14:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jean is 60 something as well. Richard is 45 something, Jason and early admin from USA hmmm his name was hmmm 40 something.
I feel my self between, i am old on Maco eyes, time flys but i feel same, dont consider me as old, only hangowers can take 2 days, more tired a bit slow as I was 15 years ago
----

apos;'
[image]
05.01.2021 - 18:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hi guys, I have question to you.
Do you guys have beer Belly?

I have some belly, (I list interest and care how I look like years ago) 100kg + 2 something. Sometimes I feel I get rid of it but I love meat food so much, all kind a food, I eat becuse it taste good, I drink beer a lot as well.
Now it piss me off, hard to take boots on, move and so on, now It pissed me off, hard to breath as well. I wanna get rid of it, but I cant, I am addicted to food so much)
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2021 - 14:59
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I don't belong to the thread (yet) but even I sometimes have a beer belly. Or food belly. Overall I have a skinny structure because I've been skinny ever since I was a kid, but I never cared enough to exercise or diet, so most of the time my belly grows more than the rest of my limbs, therefore I start looking like those little devil things you see on the movies with skeletal limbs and a big round paunch.

But it oscillates. Sometimes I'm eating healthier so I get slim again. Sometimes I'm not, then the belly rises again.

For the lazy people out there: the secret to eating healthy is not buying food. If you don't have that snack on your shelf you are simply not going to take it, because you are too lazy to get out and buy it. Also, you don't really feel the diet effort when you do it that way.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.01.2021 - 16:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Ok, my question is,

Why you chose to post here, Karl?
26.01.2021 - 18:21
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.01.2021 at 16:51

Ok, my question is,

I was answering BE, he started it
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.01.2021 - 10:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 26.01.2021 at 18:21

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.01.2021 at 16:51

Ok, my question is,

I was answering BE, he started it

I belong here lol
I don't exercise. I have no motivation, I go yo work, you know in winter, real winter whit 1m snow, snowing, blizzard sub zero t it takes double so long time and energy. So it's double effect to walk to work, boots, long skippes and so on. I am often walk in a snow, try walk if it'd 1m
So it's my training hehe. No gym. I try dont use car to work, needs have angine heating, drive to work I need keep engine running 20min to simplify it work.
I have beer belly small, I have lung problems and heart isuue as well, so training is hard. I am close to dying age, so to me only what left is beer.
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2021 - 22:18
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Next time I have an angry drunk, I'm going to just nuke all posts from underagers. you have been warned.

----

24.06.2021 - 14:33
Mehrad

Old fart circle jerk ?
----
Ride a horse that's cleaving through the air and space of dreams.
26.06.2021 - 23:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Mehrad on 24.06.2021 at 14:33

Old fart circle jerk ?

Noob McNoobface puffing his chest and tryin' to act all hard? Walk on. This is OG territory, hoss.
----

27.06.2021 - 07:04
Mehrad

Written by BitterCOld on 26.06.2021 at 23:12

Noob McNoobface puffing his chest and tryin' to act all hard? Walk on. This is OG territory, hoss.

ok boomer
----
27.06.2021 - 17:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Mehrad on 27.06.2021 at 07:04

ok boomer

it's Gen X'er. And mod.
----

27.06.2021 - 17:14
Mehrad

Written by BitterCOld on 27.06.2021 at 17:09

it's Gen X'er. And mod.

interesting. so you are a little boomer but not quite ?
----
27.06.2021 - 17:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Mehrad on 27.06.2021 at 17:14

interesting. so you are a little boomer but not quite ?

Not a boomer at all. Gen X is the generation between the Boomers and Millennials. Not sure what is hard to grasp. Then again, you're introduction into a thread centered around metal fans who've been into the genre for 30, 40 years and been active on the site for for a decade and change was to insult and try to act bad ass.

I dub theeTBG2.
----

27.06.2021 - 17:26
Mehrad

Written by BitterCOld on 27.06.2021 at 17:22

you're introduction into a thread centered around metal fans who've been into the genre for 30, 40 years and been active on the site for for a decade and change was to insult and try to act bad ass.

no not at all, man. I wasn't trying to be anything. just cracking a joke.
if it was disrespectful to you, I apologize.
----