Battles in the North
Damned in Black
Blizzard Beasts
All Shall Fall

Total votes: 74
13.10.2009 - 12:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
It took me a while to decide between Pure Holocaust, SoND, and At the Heart of Winter, but finally I voted for At the Heart of Winter, mainly because of the riffs, the epic song structures that never get boring, and the varying pace. Plus, it has one of my favorite Immortal songs, Where Light and Dark Don't Differ. Sons of Northern Darkness was my first album by them, but Damned in Black was the album that really made me get into the band and inspired me to check out the rest of their discography, so all around it was a really tough decision.

Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism is almost my favorite just because of that one video that was made... you know... the one where they're running around in a forest, hardcore dancing Harry Potter-style
13.10.2009 - 13:23
Baz Anderson
Staff
"At The Heart Of Winter" seems to be the most solid and complete album for me. If I want something harder then I'll listen to the earlier stuff, or if I don't want blasting away I'll have one of the last two albums. "At The Heart Of Winter" is just that complete album that has everything - definitely the album I would recommend anyone getting into the band.
13.10.2009 - 15:09
Hellkommando
Tough call indeed, toss up between SoND and At the Heart of Winter but I went with SoND mainly just cause I really dug the songs at the time. Although totally agree with Dangerboner the riffs on At the Heart of Winter are quality.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
14.10.2009 - 12:46
terrorist
Sons for me.I think that they've reached the top with this album.Although i like All Shall Fall,Sons is a little bit better for me.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
14.10.2009 - 14:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
Sons of Northen Darkness is my choice.. I liked most songs on that album, more than other albums. And if I want to choose a runner-up At the Heart of Winter.
15.10.2009 - 14:44
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Pure Holocaust. I just find there is something very unique about Demonaz' guitar style and riffs on that one, I can't explain it. A lot of people say it's just straight forward blasting black metal, but there is something in the way he played guitar that stands out from other similar bands, at least for me. The production is perfect (for the style) and the songwriting is fantastic.

It also has suitably ridiculous yet awesome song titles, such as my favourite song title ever:
Storming Through Red Clouds and Holocaustwinds.

Class.
16.10.2009 - 10:54
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
For me the best album of immortal and from the best ever released in black metal scene is Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism !! so unique raw and true ! when they used to be less commercial and shit !! and now the albums are all about ( commercial and mony ) unfortunly ...and i can see the prove in all shall fall !! quiqly turned to black thrash shit !! uhhh
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
18.10.2009 - 11:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Kimiwind on 16.10.2009 at 10:54

For me the best album of immortal and from the best ever released in black metal scene is Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism !! so unique raw and true ! when they used to be less commercial and shit !! and now the albums are all about ( commercial and mony ) unfortunly ...and i can see the prove in all shall fall !! quiqly turned to black thrash shit !! uhhh

DFM is hardly unique, it's Celtic Frost worship. PH is more of a unique creation.

Furthermore, they play blackened thrash now. it's hardly about the cash... there isn't much cash left in the current music industry for anyone playing anything remotely extreme. And while new Immortal might be nice and clean compared to a lot of the shit we listen to here, it's hardly accessible to the average radio listener... Metallica/Megadave is easy listening in comparison.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.08.2010 - 02:03
At the Heart of Winter. Everytime I hear this album I feel cold (even if its 100 degrees outside).
----

[image]
12.11.2010 - 23:43
Reza
Account deleted
Easy choice for me "At the Heart of Winter". IMO it's a masterpiece.
24.07.2011 - 20:47
Night Sight
Surely at the heart of winter
it is complete and best album for between all other metal albums
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
24.07.2011 - 21:09
@gent_-_orange
Has to be Pure Holocaust ... Probably Because of an excellent Production job which perfectly Complements the excellent song writing.... helping to create a very cold atmosphere. Later Immortal albums are of course excellent IMO but nothing came together as well as it did on Pure Holocaust IMO.
25.07.2011 - 09:23
ToMegaTherion
Of all of Immortal's albums, three stand out for me, At The Heart of Winter, Damned in Black and Sons of Northern Darkness. That is not to say others weren't very good also, but these three are great. And of those three, Damned in Black is my favourite. There is little difference and i would not be unhappy if any of those three were rated the best.
08.12.2011 - 23:34
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
"At The Heart Of Winter" is the best one for me. I first listened to it back when I was still only getting into black metal with the help of bands such as Bal-Sagoth and Enslaved and a lot of people recommended it. I cannot remember who all of them were now, but my gratitude goes out to all of them. From the moment I started listening to it I knew that it was going to be great and it was. A solid album, a masterpiece even, from beginning to end. As Baz (and many others) said, if you're trying to get into black metal, try this album.
09.12.2011 - 21:04
Slayer666
Sons of Northern Darkness, by far. It blows the shit out of At The Heart of Winter, which I consider quite overrated. Overoveroverrated, actually.
Basically, SoND is what AtHoW should have been: an excellent blend of cold, evil aesthetic of black and the catchy riffing of thrash.
11.12.2011 - 00:27
arwestromen
At the heart of winter for sure....I'm not really a black metal fan but that album made me more interested of both the genre and the band.
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
20.09.2017 - 04:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
They all are good, somehow I say I prefer At the Heart of Winter , songs are longer, greater structure a bit more as some BM bands usually pit in album.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.09.2017 - 12:10
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
No votes yet of one of my 2 picks. Can't decide between them yet.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
24.09.2017 - 18:31
darkthrone
At the heart of winter for me -simply a great album all round
19.06.2018 - 13:29
Nucky
Battles in the North for me. Discovered Immortal when I first head Blashyrkh.
29.07.2018 - 16:45
At The Heart Of Winter
01.09.2018 - 14:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nucky on 19.06.2018 at 13:29

Battles in the North for me. Discovered Immortal when I first head Blashyrkh.

I discovered on BM Rdaio back in 2005 whit Tragedies Blows At horzion and Battles In the Norty album ''Moonrise Fields Of Sorrow''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2018 - 11:51
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
At the Heart of Winter, it's in my top 5 black metal records of all time