Metal Storm logo
Master's Hammer.

14.10.2009 - 00:42
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Majestic old-school black metal from Czech Republic, probably the best black metal band from Eastern Europe. The first two albums, Ritual and Jilemnice Occultist are both impressive, I haven't heard the third album, ?lágry, which is not metal except for one song, and seems to be regarded as some kind of weird anomaly in their discography.

Apparently they have reformed and are working on a new album (http://www.mastershammer.com/), so I thought I'd make a thread for them. Personally I'm a bit skeptical about the comeback, but hopefully they'll manage to pull it off and create something special like Celtic Frost and Beherit did.
14.10.2009 - 01:04
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Those releases aren't bootlegs. The rights were legally obtained from Osmose and NWN couldn't contact the band. Shouldn't have signed the contract giving Osmose rights to those releases if they didn't want Osmose to have rights to those releases.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
14.10.2009 - 02:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by -tom- on 14.10.2009 at 01:04

Those releases aren't bootlegs. The rights were legally obtained from Osmose and NWN couldn't contact the band. Shouldn't have signed the contract giving Osmose rights to those releases if they didn't want Osmose to have rights to those releases.

Who's talking about bootlegs in this thread? I can't see it anywhere.

I see what you mean, you were referring to the Master's Hammer website.

You are right, those releases are as official as they come since MH had signed the rights of the albums/songs away to Osmose.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.10.2009 - 21:42
rageing atheist
Account deleted
When making the OP I thought I'd rather not comment on the statement about the NWN reissues being bootlegs, since I do not know the conditions in their contracts with Osmose and who owns the rights to what.

Anyway the new statement at their site says they're preparing the free download editions of the old demos, some rehearsals and their first live gig.