Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum interview (10/2009)

With: Petri Lindroos
Conducted by: Baz Anderson (in person)
Published: 14.10.2009

Band profile:

Ensiferum

Ensiferum's long European tour hit a cold and dark Nottingham as part of the UK leg. I managed to climb onto Ensiferum's tour bus to get some words with the band's strangely poker-faced but welcoming frontman.

We talk about the band's changes, what really happened regarding leaving Norther and I try to talk about Wintersun.

For a review of the night's show, visit this location.

Many thanks to Dante of Spinefarm for setting up the interview.
Conducted and edited by Barry Anderson, video recording by Rachel Muir.

Posted on 14.10.2009 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 35   Visited by: 281 users
11.12.2009 - 02:18
AL3X Êxplosion

I thought it was an ok interview ,he didn't seemed that enthusiastic but i wouldn't blame him,i mean look he must be very tired,and trying to relax berfore the show.He said it was cold,rainy,and just look at the place of the interview,seems to dark n gloomy.I don't think many people will give a good inteview in those conditions.Petri laughs at times so he wasn't really bothered by the interview.I went to their concert this Nov. 18 ,2009 and they were amazing and alot of energy one of my favorite bands.:banger:
02.05.2010 - 05:55
YoreLore

Someone from England calling it a skirt and not a kilt? quite a fail there...
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
02.05.2010 - 10:54
Baz Anderson

Kilts aren't English... they aren't Finnish either, so they might as well be.
07.05.2010 - 14:28
YoreLore

I didnt say kilts were English. I was referring to someone from England calling it a skirt when they know its called a kilt. Even the Finn knew it was a kilt.
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
03.04.2011 - 05:45
Magician

Written by AL3X Êxplosion on 11.12.2009 at 02:18

I thought it was an ok interview ,he didn't seemed that enthusiastic but i wouldn't blame him,i mean look he must be very tired,and trying to relax berfore the show.He said it was cold,rainy,and just look at the place of the interview,seems to dark n gloomy.I don't think many people will give a good inteview in those conditions.Petri laughs at times so he wasn't really bothered by the interview.

I agree with this.

Btw, they make folk/pagan metal, but that doesnt mean they live, act, talk, etc. like the saxons or any other barbarian groupd did like 1,500 years ago...come on, be serious!, the only ones that say they live in the forest are the guys from Korpiklaani =P. I kinda hate the statement "sex, drugs and rock and roll" because it seems more about other things than MUSIC!!!, I know this IS NOT R&R but you know what I mean. Some people seems to be more concerned about what his favourite artist drink than how he sings/play his instrument, etc.

Hits total: 10252 | This month: 7