Metal Storm logo
Logo Artist Available - FOR FREE

18.10.2009 - 12:04
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Infernal Hails!!!

I figured this was worth a try since I know there are several fellow metal storm members who have bands, myself being one of them. I've noticed online, specically myspace, that there are people out there drawing band logos and doing album covers for underground metal bands and charging to do so, and while I understand what it's like to be a starving artist and to make a living, I have mixed feelings about people making money off other starving artists and bands within the underground metal culture.

What I am offering is to do hand drawings of logos for metal bands at not cost at all, all I'd ask is to be credited with doing the drawing. I work primarily in pencil and ink, but have some experiance in arlylic, oil and water colour paint - though, for a logo, it would just be pencil and or ink, and some extra touches via Photoshop CS, I also have Painter IX if there's a preferance.

I am open to working with the band's specifics, be it what sort of font or style they want the logo to be based off of, and what sort of look or themes they'd want to incorperate into the logo, I'm very open to experimenting and trying differant things, even if it takes 10 or 20 drafts.
I suppose you could say, that I want to do my part in the underground and keep it alive and kicking, kicking very fucking hard! I'd prefer bands that are black or death metal oriented but, I am more than willing to give other genres a shot.

Just PM me on here and I'll repsond when I get it, we can go from there. Keep the music alive and underground!!

A couple of examples.

18.10.2009 - 19:39
Baz Anderson

What a nice idea.
19.10.2009 - 04:42
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Do you have a website?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
19.10.2009 - 11:20
Darkside Momo
Retired
One nice thing to do would be to post the new logos you'll have designed here!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
21.10.2009 - 13:13
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Raiden: Eh, not so much man. I come on here quite often it seems now so, that's one way to get in touch. Aside from that there's always myspace either through my main band Bitter Dawn ( http://www.myspace.com/thebitterdawn ) or, my personal myspace page http://www.myspace.com/nekronaut616 (yes, I'm a big Nattefrost fan).

Darkside Momo: I've seen some people who do logos just make up clichè band names and draw the logos out, then attempt to sell them, it's rather lame. They do the same thing with shitty looking album covers to, either drawn incredibly poorly or photoshopped in the worst way. If I happen to do work for some bands I'll definitely give an update here, as well as post the work in a portfolio through myspace just to give examples of work. Hm, maybe some samples of made up bands would work, just to show style possibilities, thanks for the idea man.
22.10.2009 - 16:02
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Ahh right, yeah was just wondering if you had an online outlet for displaying your work is all.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
10.11.2009 - 21:17
Zombie, M.D.

Sent you a PM.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
27.11.2009 - 19:21
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
To the bands I am currently working on logos for, I want to apologise for my lack of communication lately, mainly the lack of updates. I'm waiting on a couple of things to pass before I can get back to drawing, one being that my scanner is down at the moment and the second is my living situation but, come mid to late December I'll know what the hell is going on with my life. I'll get things sorted out as soon as possible, I very much want to go ahead and fulfill the agreements I've made with you guys and get your logos to you asap, it's been driving me crazy lately that they've just been sitting there.

Until then, follow the fucking Goat!!!