02. No Reason To Exist
03. Love Us Or Hate Us
04. Stream Of Consciousness
05. Some Pain Will Last
06. Betrayer
07. Don't Trust
08. Bringer Of Torture
09. Fatal Energy

Thrash metal originated in the Bay Area of California and many believed it to be an American phenomenon, which grew and spawned in the United States. American phenomenon it was but not just confined to the United States. It also found a very unlikely breeding ground in Germany. The German thrash movement was spearheaded by bands like Sodom, Tankard and Destruction and it was considered to be paler compared to its American counterparts but Kreator was different. The album in question is perhaps the best ever in the band's discography.

Extreme Aggression was released in 1989, during a so-called "thrash explosion" when each band tried to be faster and more insane than the other. Kreator were no different. Extreme Aggression saw the group reach the top of their "hate Metal" period. Almost all the songs dealt with rabid anger and hatred. If you have an enemy you could almost dedicate a track from this album to him or her. Such are the lyrics of this album. Although this may be kind of immature it can be pardoned by the quality of music and that's why the album scores the winning points. The music is insanely fast and aggressive and same goes for the lyrics as well. The album lives up to its title and so does the band. The album is also a lesson concerning the violent characteristics of the style which is especially well brought out by tracks like "Betrayer","No Reason to Exist" and the title track "Extreme Aggression" among others. Mille Petrozza is a guitar player of enormous calibre and his raw guitar playing skills are in a rampant mode throughout this album. Jurgen 'Ventor' Reil is, perhaps, the most under-rated drummer in the entire thrash metal genre. This album is a lesson on insanely fast and rabid drumming. Jurgen can give even Dave Lombardo a run for his money. Jurgen's drumming is very brutal but at the same time artistic and intricate. The album is full of hyper-fast riffs and drumming, testifying the prowess of Petrozza and Reil respectively. Rob Fioretti also does a great job by providing matching bass-lines to the rhythm and lead guitars sections.

Death metal is widely believed to have an important part of its origins in the work of Kreator and Slayer. Reign in Blood by the aforementioned group and Kreator's Pleasure to Kill and Extreme Aggression are thought to be the progenitors of their style. This would be perhaps one of the ultimate thrash metal releases of all time and is certainly one of the best from Kreator's camp.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Hermann Langke | 18.10.2009

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Staff review by
Undercraft
Rating:
We South Americans are nor the luckiest people when it comes to metal, we don't have those big festivals, not all bands come to play here, and sometimes not all records get released here. This brings us to the point of this review, a little late but worthy, why a little late? Because South America can now rejoice by the release of a little jewel, Kreator's fourth album, "Extreme Aggression" yes, we got the release 15 years late to be exactly, but at least we got it, via Century Media Brazil.

Read more ››
published 24.09.2004 | Comments (7)

Comments

Comments: 26   Visited by: 98 users
18.10.2009 - 14:39
Rating: 10
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Thank you for accepting it.
18.10.2009 - 15:47
Znoy

Very good Album. Talent thrash metal.
18.10.2009 - 15:48
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Yup it is.do you like Kreator?
18.10.2009 - 15:54
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Its great.
18.10.2009 - 15:55
Znoy

Written by Hermann Langke on 18.10.2009 at 15:48

Yup it is.do you like Kreator?

Some albums. I listened to Violent Revolution and Enemy of God. Nice job.
18.10.2009 - 15:58
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Both are great.
18.10.2009 - 18:06
DayFly

The first paragraph is completely bonkers, written by someone who never was around at the time but still feels compelled to give a vague account of what thrash in Germany was like. Didn't bother to read the rest.
18.10.2009 - 18:10
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by DayFly on 18.10.2009 at 18:06

The first paragraph is completely bonkers, written by someone who never was around at the time but still feels compelled to give a vague account of what thrash in Germany was like. Didn't bother to read the rest.

it is not bonkers buddy.Thrash Metal was indeed an American phenomenon.Germany has always been the traditional home of Power Metal.So its amazing how Thrash Metal spawned there.
18.10.2009 - 18:16
DayFly

Okay, I was thinking you were just trying to write some random stuff to introduce your review but it looks like you really don't know jack about anything. I'm sorry for having wasted your and, more importantly, my time.
18.10.2009 - 18:27
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by DayFly on 18.10.2009 at 18:16

Okay, I was thinking you were just trying to write some random stuff to introduce your review but it looks like you really don't know jack about anything. I'm sorry for having wasted your and, more importantly, my time.

you should know about the Metal scene in your country.buddy.:thumbup:
18.10.2009 - 19:28
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Man.... are you serious??? you write those good words about this album, you say it is their best (probably) etc and give it an 8.4??? sorry but this is WRONG.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.10.2009 - 21:42
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I personally think that an 8.4 is an acceptable mark for this album. I wouldn't agree to it being their best release. I am biased though because I love a lot of their mid-late 90s work where a lot of people do not. You people are being really over critical and downright ASSHOLES to Nibir here and should all bite your fucking tongues. Somebody takes the time out of their day to write a decent review and you take two seconds to write a bunch of bullshit. Yes, you are all entitled to your opinions. However, opinions get out of hand when you abuse your right to an opinion and just say whatever you feel. The Bay Area Thrash Metal Scene WAS considered to be the end all be all of the evolution of thrash metal. That much is true. And you know what else is true? People weren't aware of what was happening in Europe in terms of thrash metal and eventually found out that there was something heavier, more brutal and just generally better. This happened because of tape trading VIA exportation. So, in conclusion, DAYFLY, it looks like you really don't know jackSHIT about anything and should shut your fucking mouth. And if you continue to have no respect for people on Metalstorm, maybe you should just plain go away.
19.10.2009 - 15:16
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Deadmeat on 18.10.2009 at 19:28

Man.... are you serious??? you write those good words about this album, you say it is their best (probably) etc and give it an 8.4??? sorry but this is WRONG.

So what is your view buddy?
19.10.2009 - 15:17
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Guest on 18.10.2009 at 21:42

I personally think that an 8.4 is an acceptable mark for this album. I wouldn't agree to it being their best release. I am biased though because I love a lot of their mid-late 90s work where a lot of people do not. You people are being really over critical and downright ASSHOLES to Nibir here and should all bite your fucking tongues. Somebody takes the time out of their day to write a decent review and you take two seconds to write a bunch of bullshit. Yes, you are all entitled to your opinions. However, opinions get out of hand when you abuse your right to an opinion and just say whatever you feel. The Bay Area Thrash Metal Scene WAS considered to be the end all be all of the evolution of thrash metal. That much is true. And you know what else is true? People weren't aware of what was happening in Europe in terms of thrash metal and eventually found out that there was something heavier, more brutal and just generally better. This happened because of tape trading VIA exportation. So, in conclusion, DAYFLY, it looks like you really don't know jackSHIT about anything and should shut your fucking mouth. And if you continue to have no respect for people on Metalstorm, maybe you should just plain go away.

Thank you buddy.thanks for appreciating my work.
19.10.2009 - 15:44
Znoy

Written by Hermann Langke on 18.10.2009 at 15:58

Both are great.

Hello, Do you listen to Hordes of Chaos? I did not listen to it yet.
For my mind Cause for Conflict is the heaviest.
19.10.2009 - 19:35
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Hermann Langke on 19.10.2009 at 15:16

well this album has 5/9 masterpiece songs (1.3.5.6.8), 3/9 excellent (2.4.7) and one just great (9). i'd rate it with more than 9.3 if i wrote a review. also it has excellent production and mille's vocals are in their best form.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.10.2009 - 12:56
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Deadmeat on 19.10.2009 at 19:35

well this album has 5/9 masterpiece songs (1.3.5.6.8), 3/9 excellent (2.4.7) and one just great (9). i'd rate it with more than 9.3 if i wrote a review. also it has excellent production and mille's vocals are in their best form.

I cannot just give ratings just as i wish.i have to be impartial.even i wish to give them a 9.3 or 10 but i cannot,buddy.:( and yes Mille is a great vocalist.:thumbup:
21.10.2009 - 19:25
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Znoy on 19.10.2009 at 15:44

Written by Hermann Langke on 18.10.2009 at 15:58

Both are great.

Hello, Do you listen to Hordes of Chaos? I did not listen to it yet.
For my mind Cause for Conflict is the heaviest.

i have it buddy and its good.
21.10.2009 - 22:06
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Hermann Langke on 21.10.2009 at 12:56

I cannot just give ratings just as i wish.i have to be impartial.even i wish to give them a 9.3 or 10 but i cannot,buddy.:( and yes Mille is a great vocalist.:thumbup:

who says you cannot? this is YOUR review. you can give the rating you want. you dont need to give the rating that is closer to what most people think. you need to give a rating that is similar with what you say about the album.
----
22.10.2009 - 14:14
Bojan

Very good review.
23.10.2009 - 15:46
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Bojan on 22.10.2009 at 14:14

Very good review.

Thank you for appreciating.
23.10.2009 - 15:50
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Deadmeat on 21.10.2009 at 22:06

Written by Hermann Langke on 21.10.2009 at 12:56

who says you cannot? this is YOUR review. you can give the rating you want. you dont need to give the rating that is closer to what most people think. you need to give a rating that is similar with what you say about the album.

I did so.But i ahve to be impartial or else people would think that i am biased.
23.10.2009 - 20:23
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Hermann Langke on 23.10.2009 at 15:50

I did so.But i ahve to be impartial or else people would think that i am biased.

i just disagree. in a review you write YOUR opinion. and everybody sees that you gave this opinion. but why not giving also the rating YOU think that fits better to the album? review=rating. they are the same thing. you say great words but give a not That great rating.
----
24.10.2009 - 10:23
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Deadmeat on 23.10.2009 at 20:23

i just disagree. in a review you write YOUR opinion. and everybody sees that you gave this opinion. but why not giving also the rating YOU think that fits better to the album? review=rating. they are the same thing. you say great words but give a not That great rating.

I am modest in giving ratings as i believe a reviewer always has to be impartial and modest while judging an album.Even if i write a review for an album that i did not like,i have to rate it from a neutral perspective.I have to speak for the fans who liked or didn't like the album.So i have to be modest,Buddy.
24.10.2009 - 23:02
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Hermann Langke on 24.10.2009 at 10:23

I am modest in giving ratings as i believe a reviewer always has to be impartial and modest while judging an album.Even if i write a review for an album that i did not like,i have to rate it from a neutral perspective.I have to speak for the fans who liked or didn't like the album.So i have to be modest,Buddy.

so you have to say: "some people like it and some not" and not say "this album is great" if you want to do what you say. the good words you said for the album are not suficient with the 8,4 rating.
----
25.10.2009 - 09:04
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Deadmeat on 24.10.2009 at 23:02

Written by Hermann Langke on 24.10.2009 at 10:23

so you have to say: "some people like it and some not" and not say "this album is great" if you want to do what you say. the good words you said for the album are not suficient with the 8,4 rating.

I wanted to give it a 10,believe me.But i had to think about my review being judged as too biased.

Hits total: 4639 | This month: 6