Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Live DVD Details Announced

Details for the new Metallica live DVD have surfaced:

"On July 7th of this year we were honored to perform at Arenes de Nimes, the historic Roman amphitheatre in Nimes, France, easily one of the most spectacular venues in the world. We thought it would be a memorable night, so we asked our friends in France to bring along a film crew to document the festivities. The result is "Francais Pour Une Nuit" (translation: "French For One Night"), the DVD of the evening including the full show, interviews with us, and five videos shot by YOU, our buddies in the audience. All this and more will be available starting November 23, 2009!

"Francais Pour Une Nuit" was extra special for us because not only was it filmed in France, but ALL aspects of the project are French as the show was filmed, recorded, and edited with French camera and recording crews, the artwork on the package and special box set (more on that in a minute!) were created by a French design team; even the credits are in French. The only non-French parts: the three Americans and one Dane on stage and the photos shot by Englishman Ross Halfin.

The DVD will be available in retail stores in France only, at http://www.metallica.com, or you may order online through the record company at http://www.metallicanimes.com. There will be three formats available: Standard DVD in a digipack including a 16 page booklet, Blu-Ray DVD, also in a digipack with the booklet, and the deluxe limited edition box set (it's actually a tin) that includes the DVD, a copy of "Death Magnetic on CD," a T-shirt, laminated pass, and five exclusive photos."

A DVD trailer can be found at this location.

"Francais Pour Une Nuit" [cover art] tracklist:

01. Blackened
02. Creeping Death
03. Fuel
04. Harvester Of Sorrow
05. Fade To Black
06. Broken, Beat & Scarred
07. Cyanide
08. Sad But True
09. One
10. All Nightmare Long
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Dyers Eve
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
16. Stone Cold Crazy
17. Motorbreath
18. Seek & Destroy

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 19.10.2009 by S.K.Ø.M

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   Visited by: 204 users
21.10.2009 - 15:13
Znoy

Written by Guest on 21.10.2009 at 15:04

Written by Znoy on 21.10.2009 at 14:55

I think that "One", "Creeping death", "Master of Puppets"... are sound on all concerts in all cities. So many years Metallica play their old songs. And they don't want to stop!

lol and alot of ppl are angry cause they have played half of death magnetic songs!

Maybe, but how long can James Hetfield sing old songs? Concerts must have new songs for fresh perspective.
21.10.2009 - 15:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Znoy on 21.10.2009 at 15:13

I think that "One", "Creeping death", "Master of Puppets"... are sound on all concerts in all cities. So many years Metallica play their old songs. And they don't want to stop!

lol and alot of ppl are angry cause they have played half of death magnetic songs!

Maybe, but how long can James Hetfield sing old songs? Concerts must have new songs for fresh perspective.

let me tell u somthin, now imagine that its your first time in a metallica concert. for example me myslef, if I know that they wont play for whome the bell tolls or one or harvester of sorrow or sad but true lol or alot of others, I would be sorry man! dont u think so? its was they do their best songs in all concerts I think.
21.10.2009 - 15:29
Znoy

Written by Guest on 21.10.2009 at 15:18

let me tell u somthin, now imagine that its your first time in a metallica concert. for example me myslef, if I know that they wont play for whome the bell tolls or one or harvester of sorrow or sad but true lol or alot of others, I would be sorry man! dont u think so? its was they do their best songs in all concerts I think.

Metallica could play Battery instead of "Fuel" or "Fight fire with Fire" instead of "The Day that never comes". Damage inc. is so good for concerts.
21.10.2009 - 15:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Znoy on 21.10.2009 at 15:29

Metallica could play Battery instead of "Fuel" or "Fight fire with Fire" instead of "The Day that never comes". Damage inc. is so good for concerts.

and wherever I may roam or for whom the bell tolls ya? but fade to black is one of the very rares which is here. thankz god that they didnt put "Unforgiven III" or even II lol!
21.10.2009 - 15:47
Znoy

Written by Guest on 21.10.2009 at 15:33

Written by Znoy on 21.10.2009 at 15:29

and wherever I may roam or for whom the bell tolls ya? but fade to black is one of the very rares which is here. thankz god that they didnt put "Unforgiven III" or even II lol!

Yeah, Unforgiven III is so boring for concert. But i like to listen to this songs's part "Forgive me, forgive me not"... and guitars are playing after that.
Ha, They thought maybe they will die to play "My Apocalypse", because there were other fast and aggressive songs - Blackened, Dyers eve... I like the beginning of "Harvester of sorrow".
Apocalyptica played in Russia the cover version on "Wherever i may roam" - "Roam"
22.10.2009 - 07:02
Martin_metal

Written by Warman on 21.10.2009 at 14:28

Written by Martin_metal on 20.10.2009 at 21:17

And I´ll think they should stop play covers on liveconsert, just a waste of time.

I disagree, Metallica makes great cover songs.

Their covers aren´t bad, but I rather want them to play one of their own song instead of any cover
25.10.2009 - 17:16
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Hermann Langke on 21.10.2009 at 13:18

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 19.10.2009 at 20:40

Another awesome DVD i can't buy. :/

download it:)

That's what i've been doing so far to survive.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
25.10.2009 - 17:31
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 25.10.2009 at 17:16

Written by Hermann Langke on 21.10.2009 at 13:18

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 19.10.2009 at 20:40

Another awesome DVD i can't buy. :/

download it:)

That's what i've been doing so far to survive.

Great same here as well.
25.10.2009 - 20:10
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I really wanna buy the can hehe and the story of Psychotic! lol

Hits total: 5139 | This month: 5