Metal Storm logo
Advice needed for buying speakers

21.10.2009 - 02:58
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Okay... my old one stopped working (only used it for a year and a half) and I'm fed up of lame China makes... seriously, I can't believe it stopped working after just a year. It already stopped being able to produce a proper bass sound for a while, but not a single bit of sound coming out is outrageous... Anyway, enough bitching.

I would like to seek some advice when purchasing my new set of speakers and probably suggestions.

My situation:
I am no pro when it comes to hi-fi, I just love my music.
I listen to mainly metal, the occasional Hard Rock but also a load of pop including Hip-hop, R&B, Electro, House, Trance etc
I do not game, nor really watch much movies on it
I am still a student and at the same time trying to earn, so I don't have too much to spare.
I live in a room only... (student >:)

Currently considering the following models:
Edifier Life Style E1100 Plus 2.1 (cheapest I can find is £31.74)
Edifier MP300 2.1 (cheapest I can find is £34.99)
Altec Lansing BXR1221 2.1 (cheapest I can find is £22)

So here's the problem... The Edifier ones look damn sick, but are they any good and would like to know if anyone used this brand before as I would like to know about how long it lasts (they are a company from China)... However, the Altec Lansing ones are cheaper, and I also know they are a really reliable brand, though I am not sure the quality of the speakers at this price range...

Or does anyone have a good 2.0 solution for my case or just metal music in general?

sorry to force you guys to read such a kiddy post. I'm a noob at this sort of stuff
----
loves 小巫
22.10.2009 - 10:47
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Hm, I'm not familiary with Edifier at all, they certainly have an interesting look to them though. Altec Lansing, they are a pretty good company, so that would be my default.

I did a brief search on the page you gave though.

Logitech X-210 http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/904740/Logitech-X-210-Speakers/Product.html
Logitech X-230 http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/1107554/Logitech-X-230-Speakers/Product.html

I've had a tonne of differant PC speaker set-ups, from a variety of companies and honestly I've liked the X-230 the most, even over the 5.1 Atlecs I had, mostly because I had major driver issues with them. Very nice sound quality, fairly affordable and I've had mine for about six years and they're still going strong! I mainly use mine for music but, I play a few games from time to time.
22.10.2009 - 14:04
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Thanks for recommending
the X-230 seems quite good, but I don't think I will consider X-210 as the bass is not adjustable
----
loves 小巫
23.10.2009 - 13:03
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Ag Fox on 22.10.2009 at 14:04

Thanks for recommending
the X-230 seems quite good, but I don't think I will consider X-210 as the bass is not adjustable

Yeah I noticed that too, if you go the Logitech route you'd probably be wise to go with the X-230. Some times at medium-low volumes with the sub turned down it can be a bit much for my brother and his girlfriend in the room next to me, the sub does add a nice touch though, doesn't sound overbearing like some sets.