Metal Storm logo
The Clan Destined - New Material Coming Soon

Martin Walkyier of Sabbat and Skyclad fame has posted the following message on the official Clan Destined website:

It is my great pleasure to announce that I am currently working upon writing and recording some brand-new material for The Clan Destined. Due to the literally thousands of emails and messages I've received from you kind people via the TCD website and my MySpace page, I have now decided that the time has come to compose a follow-up to the critically acclaimed "In The Big Ending..." c.d. and DVD release. I also promised my father that I would write something to honour his memory just one week before he died in February 2007; and as I'm sure you will all appreciate, this was a very heartfelt oath that I feel morally obliged to fulfil.

I am both honoured and privileged to have recently recruited the exceptionally talented guitarist and composer Jacqui Taylor to The Clan Destined cause. Jacqui is precisely the kind of musician that I have always dreamed of eventually meeting for very many years now, the type of person who takes her music as seriously as I have always done. Jacqui practices her guitar for at least eight hours per day, which is the kind of sincere dedication we're talking about here! Working together with Jacqui Taylor is truly a breath of fresh air and a brand-new beginning for both myself and The Clan Destined. Anyone who doubts what I'm saying is more than welcome to visit Jacqui's www.jacquitaylor.co.uk website to see just why I'm so intensely excited about our current collaboration. Despite the fact that I have never earned a vast fortune from making my music, my sincere and honest approach to my creativity thankfully means that I have the support of a small army of fans and a few loyal friends. One person undoubtedly worthy of mention is my old comrade and fellow band-mate in Skyclad and Return To The Sabbat, the drummer Jay Graham who presently is battering the skins with his band Ravens Creed. Jay will be recording the drums and percussion (and maybe also playing some keyboards) on the new recordings from The Clan Destined. I'm currently looking for people who have what it takes to join together with me in this creative endeavour, both in the studio and at live TCD concerts (you know who you are!). If you feel that you have what it takes to be a member of The Clan Destined, then please don't hesitate to get in contact me via the official website www.theclandestined.com

I've also spent the last few months setting-up my own 24-track recording studio, to facilitate the composition and recording of these new TCD demo tracks for you all. As I'm sure you can imagine, for a man normally accustomed to working with words, competent sound-engineering is a skill that I have as yet to acquire. Yet, as with my understanding of the German language; this is something that only time, patience, good ears and just the few active brain cells remaining to me will undoubtedly learn to fully comprehend. Many thanks to you all for taking the time to read this TCD press-release. All of my very brightest blessings to you and yours. May your guardian-spirits be with you always!

Martin Walkyier

Source: theclandestined.com
Posted: 21.10.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 67 users
21.10.2009 - 22:37
Svetopolk

Great news! Good luck, Martin!
----
None above. None equal.
22.10.2009 - 01:32
Silent Jay

That is AWESOME news!
22.10.2009 - 01:33
Baz Anderson

Certainly is!
22.10.2009 - 03:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Well, I'm sure to check this out!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.10.2009 - 03:25
Dominus
The Shooter
Great news!
I love Skyclad!!
22.10.2009 - 04:26
Symmachus

I would like to check this band out. Skyclad is pretty cool. By the way, someone who practices 8 hours of guitar per day should have no problem mastering that instrument.
22.10.2009 - 06:52
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
I remeber when the band was initially out, i found out somehow, and was expecting to hear from then, i kept checking their site for a while, but there were no news. But now, they are showing up again, though it seems like still is a early stage
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
22.10.2009 - 07:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Worst band picture on planet earth.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.10.2009 - 11:51
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by LeChron James on 22.10.2009 at 07:32

Worst band picture on planet earth.

Haha, I was thinking the same, it's uber-lame...
22.10.2009 - 13:40
Baz Anderson

Well the band released one demo, that's it.
It sounded nothing like Skyclad - it was actually very weird - Martin used sort of half-clean vocals, and the music wasn't extreme at all.

I'm definitely interested to see what he comes up with now.
22.10.2009 - 13:56
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.10.2009 at 13:40

Well the band released one demo, that's it.
It sounded nothing like Skyclad - it was actually very weird - Martin used sort of half-clean vocals, and the music wasn't extreme at all.

Not really like Skyclad, yes, but still unmistakably Walkier on the vocals. And that was great, especially seeing that it's what's missing to Skyclad now...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.10.2009 - 15:13
kaoskrew

That's great news indeed Martin.
----
John
Kaos Krew Promotions