Metal Storm logo
Ov Hell - New All-Star Black Metal Band Formed

Posted on the new band's myspace page today:

Out of Norway's biggest and darkest metal bands rises Ov HELL. This group of Satan's all-stars has been sharpening their teeth in some of black metal's most influential bands for many years. Known as key figures in bands such as Dimmu Borgir and Gorgoroth, Shagrath and King have come together to bring forward a new chapter in Norwegian black metal history. Ov HELL will carry on in the same tradition for which King and Shagrath are known, but the collaboration between the two will mark a new era for them both.

Frost, Ice Dale and Teloch have been recruited for the first full-length release. The album will contain all of the power and blast beats worthy of their evil pedigrees. Expect an assault on all false gods and hypocrisy that is of this world today.....

"The first Ov HELL release will contain music I've worked on in my Gorgoroth and God Seed years. It's been a little hell to actually see this music form into a band, so the name of the band is quite suitable. Through the first song I got from Shagrath I knew that he would be the perfect man to join forces with. He has strong individual qualities and a strong will to power. I am very positive that when we finish up this album it will be an album that won't sound like anything we have done before, and with a quality that won't stand back from anything presented in black metal earlier!" - King

"With both of our demanding music careers and other projects, timing was not on our side. After last years inferno festival, King and I yet again joined forces to brainstorm our need to collaborate our passion for dark art. Over the course of the past year, King sent me demo ideas that were so inspiring it made me put my skeptic feelings aside. I wasn't sure if I wanted to have another Black Metal project but my unquenchable thirst to explore my darkest beast, launched the birth Ov HELL. The majestic Ov HELL has become a band that reflects our roots, raw, ugly, arrogantly blasphemous with uncompromising truth from two influential Norwegian musicians needing to express our primitive side, straight out Ov HELL." - Shagrath

Two new tracks, "Devil's Harlot" and "Ghosting" from the yet untitled upcoming album, has been uploaded to the band's MySpace.

Studio Line-up:

Shagrath (Dimmu Borgir, Chrome Division) - vocals
King (God Seed, Gorgoroth, Jotunspor, I, Sahg, Audrey Horne) - bass
Ice Dale (Enslaved, I, Audrey Horne, Trinacria, Demonaz) - guitar
Frost (Satyricon, 1349) - drums
Teloch (Nidingr, God Seed, 1349, Umoral) - guitar

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Ov Hell
Posted: 22.10.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 95   Visited by: 354 users
22.10.2009 - 18:53
JunN_Vai
Aha...
22.10.2009 - 19:16
Jiri
No! Not Shagrath on vocals! Fuck! Why is Frost wasting his time these days? Satyricon sucks, 1349 sucks now and now a band with Shagrath on vocals? Screw that!
22.10.2009 - 19:16
Baz Anderson
Staff
I think we can call God Seed dead now then.
Basically the same line-up, this band is getting his ideas that were for the God Seed album, God Seed is probably no more.
22.10.2009 - 19:20
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.10.2009 at 19:16

I think we can call God Seed dead now then.
Basically the same line-up, this band is getting his ideas that were for the God Seed album, God Seed is probably no more.

As soon as Ghaal went 'poop! metal no more' God Seed was dead, but sure this is the proof. Until Ghaal changes his mind?
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.10.2009 - 19:24
Baz Anderson
Staff
If and when Gaahl changes his mind, I can see Shagrath will have got bored with this little pocket money-maker and leave the space open for Gaahl to come back.

Just a prediction, hahaha.
22.10.2009 - 19:31
bard
Is it just me, or is the writing in this post cheesier than an Alestorm update?
----
22.10.2009 - 19:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I find it funny that 'god seed' is listed in the CV/pedigree for two of the musicians... did they ever record or play live?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.10.2009 - 19:51
-Soulreaper-
Hmmm, sounds intriguing. Going to have to check it out.
22.10.2009 - 19:56
BudDa
Elite
Written by bard on 22.10.2009 at 19:31

Is it just me, or is the writing in this post cheesier than an Alestorm update?

Haha. I was about to say the same thing. That line..blah blah blah.."two influential Norwegian musicians needing to express our primitive side, straight out Ov HELL" sounds like a bad commercial for pay per view..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
22.10.2009 - 20:28
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by BitterCOld on 22.10.2009 at 19:42

I find it funny that 'god seed' is listed in the CV/pedigree for two of the musicians... did they ever record or play live?

Very first show:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/gallery/gallery.php?gallery_id=208#set1184
22.10.2009 - 20:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.10.2009 at 20:28

Very first show:

And very last too, as I'm not sure they did other fests this summer...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.10.2009 - 20:50
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Baz Anderson on 22.10.2009 at 20:28

Very first show:

read your and Bas' thoughts - i guess that qualifies as a gig, even if it was just basically a gorgoroth gig under another name with a new guitarist.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.10.2009 - 22:08
Got Mayhem?
So after listening to the tracks and looking at the lineup I conclude this is what God Seed was supposed to be just with Shag on vocals. That being said...it sounds very good. Must better then the new Dimmu, it sounds like the last few Gorgoroth offerings to be honest. I'm looking forward to this.
----
22.10.2009 - 22:39
Opethian
I will be checking this out fo sho ! go Shagrath !
22.10.2009 - 22:43
Fuck all black metal, with all my respects to the listeners .........but Darkwoods My Betrothed is the only good band ...
22.10.2009 - 22:59
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by The Night Wisher on 22.10.2009 at 22:43

Fuck all black metal, with all my respects to the listeners .........

What the fuck? That is like saying, "Fuck all mothers, with my respects to those who have one...".
22.10.2009 - 23:57
TheAmazingP
Yeah, even more black metal clichés. Fuck this shit!

Should I add how much I miss early Ulver-stuff? I miss 'em...
23.10.2009 - 00:05
HellTrooper
Let's see...
----
R.I.P.

Cliff Burton
Chuck Schuldiner
23.10.2009 - 00:22
Carrion Misery
Yeah, would have liked to see this with an unknown vocalist or someone who wasn't already involved in a lot of projects or well known bands. Bring a new voice to black metal.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
23.10.2009 - 00:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Lol...this sounds so weird
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.10.2009 - 00:47
Lord_Regnier
I bet whatever you want that only shit will come out of this.

Shagrath on vocals? He's one of the most boring harsh vocalist you can hear. By the way, Dimmu Borgir is not even Black Metal nowadays but a lame mainstream band who try to look evil only to appeal to all the kids who wear their shirts when they roam the streets or linger at the commercial mall.
As mainstream and commercial as pseudo Black Metal can be.
Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth are a total disgrace for BM.

As for King ov Hell, Gorgoroth turned to shit as soon as he began to write the music.

I won't even bother to check the album when it comes out.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
23.10.2009 - 00:47
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Sounds decent. Above averagely, average.
----
Coldgrits
23.10.2009 - 00:57
Jiri

Fuck all black metal, with all my respects to the listeners .........but Darkwoods My Betrothed is the only good band ...

What a little pussy bitch. Go shove your Nightwish up your fat ass, you loser! If you love commercial shit so much, then do not post here, asshole. I am not defending Shagrath and his commercial dung, but you insulted all of black metal for no reason. No one wants to hear it! Idiot!
23.10.2009 - 01:09
Lord_Regnier
Written by Jiri on 23.10.2009 at 00:57

What a little pussy bitch. Go shove your Nightwish up your fat ass, you loser! If you love commercial shit so much, then do not post here, asshole. I am not defending Shagrath and his commercial dung, but you insulted all of black metal for no reason. No one wants to hear it! Idiot!

If you check his favorite bands list, apart from a few names, it's indeed all pussy bands like Nightwish.
Commercial stuff that doesn't deserve to be called metal.

You know, I really start to wonder if we should ban Powermetal from forums devoted to metal music. Taking into account that lots of stuff is not even metal today but mainstream and commercial garbage, it doesn't have its place on metal boards anymore.
Also, we could avoid lots of conflicts by creating boards for real metal music and boards for commercial stuff (hard rock, Powermetal and the likes).
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
23.10.2009 - 01:31
STEELER
I'm agree FUCK BLACK METAL, it's easy music to play.it's easy to write lyrics,because it's easy to write CRAP and BLASPHEMY against GOD.we don't need this kind of bands,FUCK THEM,with all due respect for the people who like this kind of "music".it's just CRAP
23.10.2009 - 01:42
FoxZdemoN
Hmmm...all the typical "hot BM boys" with bands that have gone ka-put join forces. I dunno how to feel about this~:drool:
----

You can listen to my show "Diabolus Templum" on Thursdays 4pm till 7pm EST. on~
http://www.brutalexistenceradio.com/
23.10.2009 - 01:48
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Lord_Regnier on 23.10.2009 at 00:47

Cradle of Filth are a total disgrace for BM.

Cradle Of Filth do not claim to be a black metal band and never have, so you can leave your spiteful comments about them out of this.
Written by Lord_Regnier on 23.10.2009 at 01:09

You know, I really start to wonder if we should ban Powermetal from forums devoted to metal music. Taking into account that lots of stuff is not even metal today but mainstream and commercial garbage

And are you that ignorant to make such stupid comments about power metal? Iron Maiden are one of the most commercial bands out there, shall we ban them too? There's no big deal in a band aiming at a commercial audience.
23.10.2009 - 01:56
Ilham
Giant robot
Another all-star joke you mean.
23.10.2009 - 02:29
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, I think in the end it will be an average, album, nothing groundbreaking or new for sure. I would prefer to know more about Dimmu's situation.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
23.10.2009 - 03:22
Symmachus
My first impression on this band is that it is something I would pass on.

Hits total: 8128 | This month: 16