Metal Storm logo
ICS Vortex - Update On Projects

ICS Vortex (ex-Dimmu Borgir) has issued the following update on his new MySpace page:

"First song is recorded for the I.C.S Vortex album and the rest will follow during this winter. Release early autumn 2010. Studio is booked for Lamented Souls in March and release date is set to late autumn 2010. And for those wondering about the revival of Arcturus, I was told by an alien that 2011 is a lucky number..."

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 24.10.2009 by Balls of Jericho

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 172 users
24.10.2009 - 14:46
Zhao
The Arkaholic
"And for those wondering about the revival of Arcturus, I was told by an alien that 2011 is a lucky number..."

Awesome
24.10.2009 - 14:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Well...he was really to the point with his update. Guess he's not into the whole brevity thing...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.10.2009 - 15:25
ioannisk

Thank god for aliens!!!!!:naughty:
24.10.2009 - 15:41
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Lucky enough for Garm to be part of the project? And maybe even go on tour with them?
----
24.10.2009 - 17:45
Got Mayhem?

I wonder who else is involved with this project...
----
24.10.2009 - 18:30
Jon

Good on you Vortex, don't be too long with that Arcturus album mate
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
24.10.2009 - 18:44
Jiri

Hopefully Garm will do a guest performance on one of these albums or something. I am getting sick of that guy's attitude.
24.10.2009 - 21:07
athena

Me too. Garm is driving me crazy these days. What makes him think that, well, any type of music is superior to metal anyway? As a fan of classical music (trust me, metal comes first), I recognize that Shadows of the Sun could have been a beautiful album. However, Garm went and ruined it (never thought I'd say that about one of the best metal vocalists I know of) with that low half-talking half-singing thing he does now. WHy coouldn't he sing like he did on Kveldssanger for it? And to all of us who would love to see him make an appearence in Arcturus: Ain't gonna happen. Oh, and good luck to Vortex.
24.10.2009 - 22:58
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, at least he is not as pretentious as the statement of the Ov Hell project. Short and straight to the point, Maybe the takes music business more seriously.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
24.10.2009 - 23:07
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Being straight to the point is good.

I think a while Elio said Garm posted on his wall on facebook or sth that he won't be part of Arcturus
----
loves 小巫
24.10.2009 - 23:19
Jiri

Stupid Garm. He was so talented. I will never understand how he could leave the wonderful world of metal for ambient electronica. I would understand if he wasn't such a good singer, but he seriuosly stopped singing for his love of electronica. But he is depressed now, so he might as well come back to metal where he can be happy once more!
25.10.2009 - 00:27
Symmachus

Well, I thought that ICS Vortex was going to comment on his former bandmates' comments that displayed anger towarde him and Mustis. I was wrong, and it was probably better that way. Also, best of luck to ICS Vortex on his album (solo album?) Also, 2011 is when Arcturus may reunite? If so, then sweet! That's one reason to look forward to that year, if that's the case. Thanks for that information, aliens!
25.10.2009 - 09:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Meh.

i wish ICS the best of luck with Arcturus.

i also have ZERO problems with Garm moving to ambient electronica to create what he wants to. as much as i enjoyed early Ulver, i have enjoyed later Ulver as well.

sorry some people have to limit their tastes to just one genre and can't get into anything beyond it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.10.2009 - 12:57
TheAmazingP

Garm is a psycho. I love him, but I can't understand what the hell is in his mind.

About Arcturus, I think the new album will be even better than the previous one. Hopefully they'll return to the sound of their first albums. Just a hope...
25.10.2009 - 17:44
TheAmazingP

Written by Symmachus on 25.10.2009 at 00:27

Well, I thought that ICS Vortex was going to comment on his former bandmates' comments that displayed anger towarde him and Mustis. I was wrong, and it was probably better that way. Also, best of luck to ICS Vortex on his album (solo album?) Also, 2011 is when Arcturus may reunite? If so, then sweet! That's one reason to look forward to that year, if that's the case. Thanks for that information, aliens!

I guess that is when their new album will be out.
25.10.2009 - 19:10
athena

Written by BitterCOld on 25.10.2009 at 09:19

Meh.

i wish ICS the best of luck with Arcturus.

i also have ZERO problems with Garm moving to ambient electronica to create what he wants to. as much as i enjoyed early Ulver, i have enjoyed later Ulver as well.

sorry some people have to limit their tastes to just one genre and can't get into anything beyond it.

I think you misread my comment. I clearly stated that I am a fan of classical music as well as metal. I even said Shadows of the Sun would have been a great album if Garm sang well. This my real problem with him, the fact that he does not sing as he used to (e.g. "Kveldssanger", "La Masquerade Infernale", "Bergtatt", the relatively recent "A quick Fix of Melancholy", etc). It does not matter what genre he is in, I would just like to hear him sing well again.
26.10.2009 - 20:51
Music4TheSpirit
MetalForTheSpiri
If im getting it right ICS is releasing a solo album? if so, anyone have any idea what direction i will/can take ?
----
In this days we seem to be limited by scientific knowledge
"I'm a good man... while that don't interfere with my interest" Anonymous , taken from the low moderm and post-moderm consciences
27.10.2009 - 01:01
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Looks awsome. Can't wait.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
23.08.2011 - 15:46
.Nemesis.

I was that alien! Except i'm not really an alien, i'm just a Zorgothian. Zorgothians pretty much look like human death metallers.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.

Hits total: 4069 | This month: 2