Metal Storm logo
Immolation - Recording New Album

Immolation have entered Millbrook Sound Studios in New York with longtime producer Paul Orofino to begin recording their Nuclear Blast Records debut, and eighth overall album. The band checked in from the studio today to offer the following details and update:

"Today we have begun the recording process for our eighth full-length release. Once again we have entered Millbrook Sound Studios in upstate Millbrook, New York and will start tracking with Paul Orofino tomorrow. This will be our sixth time visiting Millbrook Studios and we are really looking forward to the whole process.

The new album will contain ten songs of the strongest material we have ever written. The new material is more violent and aggressive, with fast sections that take us to a new level of speed and intensity, while complementing the dark and sullen heavier moments. There are plenty of miserable and militant movements to please the die hard and new Immolation fans alike.

We've spent the past two months rehearsing and fine tuning the songs so that all ten are stand-outs and create a complete listening experience. Needless to say, we are all very pleased and enthusiastic about the new material and are anxious to debut it to the fans.

Following the recording process here in Millbrook, we have decided to try something new for the mixing process, so we have enlisted the talents of Zack Ohren (Decrepit Birth, Suffocation, All Shall Perish). We are confident he will do an excellent job in giving a fresh new life to the Immolation sound.

We are still in the process of getting ideas together for the album's concept and cover art, but these final details will be worked out in the near future."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Immolation
Posted: 27.10.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 57 users
27.10.2009 - 17:33
Pap

Their debut album is a classic one. I have to admit that Failures for gods was a really good album but i can't say the same for their recent works which seem to me quite the same.
27.10.2009 - 18:18
King Bonzo

Can't wait, everything except for Harnessing Ruin for me is simply immense stuff, and even that was good by general standards and just fell short because it's Immolation standards we're talking about. One of the most overlooked but possibly the best death metal band america has produced.
27.10.2009 - 23:04
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
This one should be great! but i am not that sure... i hope they'll prove wrong...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.10.2009 - 03:03
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Unless they completly change their style, its a guaranteed a good album.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
28.10.2009 - 07:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Immolation is one of the few bands I can trust to not let me down.
28.10.2009 - 20:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good to hear that new stuff from Immolation began to be recorded. I'm looking forward to this new release.

Hits total: 2698 | This month: 5