Metal Storm logo
Ironwood - Working On Follow Up For Their Debut Album

Henry Lauer, bass player from Ironwood, posted the following message on their Myspace site:

"Greetings folks,

Ironwood has been cloistered away these last few months, with nary a gig nor missive, but I am now proud to announce that we have finished recording the follow-up to our debut album!
Although I'm hesitant to say too much, the new release, to be titled Storm Over Sea, explores the elemental themes to which its name alludes. It employs them as vehicles for a range of emotions and sentiments, from inky depths through to airy wistfulness.
The ocean is famed for its complex, multi-faceted nature: we hope and believe that the new album will reflect that faithfully with some intense (and technical) metal workouts, lush vocal harmonies, and immersive post-rock passages.
We anticipate a release in the early strains of 2010 - not a bad effort given our first album only came out this year.
Of course we are, as ever, keen to marshal label, distribution, and promotional support - any and all suggestions, directions, connections, and whatever else are welcome. We might even be able to offer a selection of rough mixes for genuinely interested parties to sample.
In the meantime we still have copies of the debut album, :Fire:Water:Ash:, available, and our distribution network is expanding (see our Myspace page for info). If you don't already have a copy then, please, indulge both us and yourself?

Other news:

I am rapidly mastering the art of web design and Ironwood now has a (in my humble opinion) rather attractive custom Myspace page. Please have a look, have a listen, leave a comment: http://www.myspace.com/ironwoodband. A brand new website will appear in time for the album release as well.

In that vein, Ironwood has taken the Facebook plunge. You can find us here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ironwood/161202722838

Ironwood is proud to have been included on the new Hex Magazine Winter Songs Compilation CD, which you can order from the below link (it also comes with the new issue of Hex, which is a great read and worth your buying!):
http://www.hexmagazine.com/subscribe.htm

Finally, I will be performing a rare solo acoustic set on Sunday 1st November at M.A.S.S., St Andrews Church Hall, corner Curtis Rd & Darling St, Balmain (....Sydney....). The night starts at 7pm and the cost is $5. These events always, always showcase incredible folk music talent and strongly deserve your support.

We'll be in touch again in time. Until then, thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Henry/Ironwood"

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 27.10.2009 by Music4TheSpirit

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 24 users
28.10.2009 - 01:18
Raiden
Down Under Staff
elite
Their first album was pretty decent, it'll be interesting to hear what they come up with next.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
28.10.2009 - 03:54
Derwood
Looking forward to this; their debut is among my favourite albums of the year. Very different stuff.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
28.10.2009 - 08:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahahaha this band has the same name as my uncle's gated community in arizona. too funny.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.10.2009 - 17:27
Derwood
The name comes from Norse mythology. It's the name of the forest that borders on Hel, the realm of the dead. Interesting choice of names for a gated community in Arizona.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!

Hits total: 1789 | This month: 4