Metal Storm logo
Overkill - Sign With Nuclear Blast/E1-Koch Records, 25th Anniversary Concert Planned

Original news posted on 31.10.2009

Overkill have signed to Nuclear Blast Records for a multi-release deal (world excl. North America). The first offering will be available early 2010 titled Ironbound - a true "thrasher-piece".

Vocalist Bobby Blitz commented: "Good to be with a label that understands what Overkill are about and what metal is about in 2010, exciting!"

Jaap Wagemaker, A&R adds: "Nuclear Blast is very stoked to announce the signing of legendary New Jersey thrashers Overkill!! Growing up with classics such as Feel The Fire, Taking Over and The Years Of Decay and seeing the band countless times playing live it is sure to say that one of our favourite bands of all time has finally found their home at the powerhouse that Nuclear Blast is today. We are very much looking forward to start working with Overkill and are eager to release their new album Ironbound to the masses. A new album on which they have returned to their old school thrash roots. The band is already working on a new European tour for 2010. Welcome to the Nuclear Family."

Overkill are also set to tour the USA with God Dethroned and label mates Vader in April 2010.

Ironbound [cover art] tracklisting:

01. The Green And Black
02. Ironbound
03. Bring Me The Night
04. The Goal Is Your Soul
05. Give A Little
06. Endless War
07. The Head And Heart
08. In Vain
09. Killing For A Living
10. The SRC

Formats:
- Limited Digipak available
- CD Jewelcase
- LP (180g vinyl) in Gatefold
- LP (180 g green vinyl) in Gatefold - Nuclear Blast Mailorder exclusive
- Strictly Limited Mailorder Edition

Release date is set for January 29th, 2010.

UPDATE (thanks to spirit_crusher)

US metallers Overkill have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"Overkill is happy to announce they have signed a new deal with E1/Koch Records for N. America (the band's forthcoming album will be released in the rest of the world via Nuclear Blast Records).

The band just finished mixing with Peter Tagtgren and the helm.

The title will be Ironbound. Release is set for late January/early February 2010.

Touring is being set up starting in February in Europe and will continue the entire year.

With shows in South America in March and a US Tour starting on April 1st in Philadelphia and ending on May 1st with a big 25th Anniversary show in New York City at the Nokia Theater. We have lots of plans to make that a special celebration show for everyone."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Overkill
Posted: 08.11.2009 by Fastolphbolger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 92 users
31.10.2009 - 12:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Is it just me, or do half their album covers look exactly the same, just a different colour scheme?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.10.2009 - 13:32
DayFly

Guess they got that from Motörhead.
31.10.2009 - 20:35
Thrash666

Fuck ya!!!! Can't wait for 2010!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
31.10.2009 - 20:58
Symmachus

The album cover is very interesting and nice looking.
01.11.2009 - 01:05
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
This is fantastic news. They deserve to have a solid deal with a label like Nuclear Blast, right along side Testament. If there were a "second tier big four" Testament and Overkill should both belong in it.

The cover does look similar to others, but it's probably only an indication that this will be another standard thrash offering but the kill. Not groundbreaking, but surely not mediocre. Hopefully another satisfying slab of thrash metal coming up.
----
01.11.2009 - 06:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That will be their 16th album now...damn...
08.11.2009 - 20:57
Murder

Nice, I can't wait to hear it... more fucking thrash
09.11.2009 - 16:01
Dominus
The Shooter
I want now!!!!!!!
09.11.2009 - 17:51
Baz Anderson

The new album is amazing. Really, fantastic stuff.
09.11.2009 - 20:11
Icedburden

Written by Baz Anderson on 09.11.2009 at 17:51

The new album is amazing. Really, fantastic stuff.

Good to hear. I can't wait.
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth

Hits total: 3527 | This month: 4