Metal Storm logo
Sarah Jezebel Deva - Solo Record Out In February

Sarah Jezebel Deva ( Angtoria, Cradle Of Filth, Therion) will release her solo album A Sign Of Sublime in February 2010 through Rising Records. The drums on the CD were laid down by Max Blunos, formerly of the UK death metal outfit Trigger The Bloodshed. Other guest musicians that appear on the album include keyboard player Martin Powell ( Cradle Of Filth, Anathema, My Dying Bride) and bassist Dave Pybus ( Cradle Of Filth).

Regarding the musical direction of her solo debut, Sarah said in September: "It's not another Angtoria, it's not Cradle Of Filth what is it? Hell if I know! Haha... it's music! No label, just me and the people I care about doing music. It's not pompous, it's not over the top. I would like to say it's just a mixture of styles and feelings. Some tracks are fast, almost having a black metal edge, some tracks are slow, almost like a movie film score... and well, it just doesn't all sound the same, it's not blast beats from start to finish, it has feeling, and well, that's it!"

A Sign Of Sublime will include a cover version of Meredith Brooks' "Bitch", which is described by Sarah as "slightly more heavy than the original." She adds, "I did it because I love the song! Simple. It's rock! It don't know if we have added anything to the song or taken anything away. Either way, it was fun to do and that's what music is about."

On the topic of her continuing collaboration with Dave Pybus, Sarah says, "I feel lucky to have one of my best friends work with me on this album. He did Angtoria and, of course, Dave and I have worked together many years in Cradle Of Filth and I am just proud to have someone by my side who doesn't put any restrictions on me and doesn't believe in putting restrictions on music. He is open-minded and fun, loyal and very hard-working and we both have the same vision... to enjoy life and playing."

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 01.11.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 48 users
01.11.2009 - 18:45
Jiri

Weird.
01.11.2009 - 21:13
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I wonder how is this going to sound like...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
01.11.2009 - 22:34
Opethian

Martin on keysboards ?
02.11.2009 - 00:40
Symmachus

This looks like something that would interest me.

Hits total: 2288 | This month: 8