Metal Storm logo
Rob Halford - Releasing Christmas Album

What better way to get into the holiday spirit than with Judas Priest lead singer Rob Halford belting out Yuletide carols.

Halford will release Halford III ? Winter Songs on November 3 in North America. The album will also come with a 24-page color booklet and will be out in Britain and Europe on November 9. German fans will have to wait until November 13 for it.

A preview of the record (as well as a video clip) is available through the website for Halford's Metal God Shop webstore with two singles also available for purchase: "We Three Kings" and "Get Into The Spirit."

"Well, I've always said I wanted to produce a Christmas CD," Halford says. "The Halford band has assembled a fantastic release, and we're excited to have produced a collection of holiday tracks which all of us have enjoyed from a very early age."

Other songs on the album include "O Come O Come Emanuel," "Winter Song," "When Christmas Comes For Everyone," "Light Of The World," "What Child Is This" and "O Holy Night."

Halford's band for the record includes guitarists Roy Z and "Metal" Mike Chlasciak, drummer Bobby Jarzombek and bassist Mike Davis.

Songs not included on the record include "Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Santa," "You've Got Another Gift Coming," "Defenders Of The Sleigh" or a reworked version of "Breaking The Law" entitled "Drinking The Nog."

The record is Halford's first solo album since 2002's Crucible.

Judas Priest spent a portion of 2009 on the road while celebrating the 30th anniversary of 1980's British Steel by performing it in its entirety. The group also released a new live album, A Touch Of Evil: Live, which was culled from their 2005 and 2008 world tours

Source: robhalford.com
Band profile: Halford
Posted: 03.11.2009 by Dominus

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 236 users
03.11.2009 - 11:24
Icedburden
I usually can't stand most of these holiday themed albums. Hopefully this won't be as bland as I think it will be. The songs not included bit is pretty funny though.
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
03.11.2009 - 11:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I sincerely pray this is a fucking joke.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.11.2009 - 11:40
TheBigRossowski
Jesus FUCKING Christ, man. God damn it, Walter!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.11.2009 - 11:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've always liked Christmas songs with electric guitars (remember the Twisted Sister Christmas album?). I wanna check it out. Call me gay if you want, but Rob singing O Holy Night will be grand.

Gorgoroth should do a Christmas album lol
03.11.2009 - 12:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by TheBigRossowski on 03.11.2009 at 11:40

You want a fucking christmas album? There are ways dude, you don't want to know. Hell I can get you a christmas album - with Halford on vocals - by 3 o'clock.
----
- George Carlin
03.11.2009 - 12:04
TheBigRossowski
Written by Doc G. on 03.11.2009 at 12:01

Written by TheBigRossowski on 03.11.2009 at 11:40

You want a fucking christmas album? There are ways dude, you don't want to know. Hell I can get you a christmas album - with Halford on vocals - by 3 o'clock.

lol. Could you please keep your voice down, sir...this is a family metal forum.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
03.11.2009 - 12:15
Please don't let there be pics of halford dressed in bondage Santa gear ... please don't let there be pics of halford dressed in bondage Santa gear ... Please don't let there be pics of halford dressed in bondage Santa gear ...
03.11.2009 - 12:50
Kingface
Could be interesting!

I'm referring to the album, not Halford in Santa Bondage gear by the way!
03.11.2009 - 13:40
Mr. Halford could sing the dictionary and I would still listen to it. I'm actually kind of looking forward to hearing the album.
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
03.11.2009 - 14:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
This should've been his moment of coming out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.11.2009 - 14:43
Himpamp
"Songs not included on the record include "Killing Machine/Hell Bent For Santa," "You've Got Another Gift Coming," "Defenders Of The Sleigh" or a reworked version of "Breaking The Law" entitled "Drinking The Nog.""

What's up with these songs? Can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where to find them, if they even exist? They sure sound like fun

Cheers
03.11.2009 - 15:21
Icedburden
Written by Lucas on 03.11.2009 at 14:18

----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
03.11.2009 - 15:44
MeloDeathViking
Seriously, who better to ring in the birth of Jesus than the Metal God lol. This is going to be epic!
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
03.11.2009 - 16:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Is it just me or is the song "O Come O Come Emanuel" giving you bad pictures in your mind too
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
03.11.2009 - 16:27
RhB
Written by GT on 03.11.2009 at 16:20

Is it just me or is the song "O Come O Come Emanuel" giving you bad pictures in your mind too

hahahahahahahaha that's funny
03.11.2009 - 16:55
Derwood
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

So much for Turbo being the biggest slice of cheese Halford's been involved with.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
03.11.2009 - 17:54
Feng

This song will never be the same now goddamit
03.11.2009 - 19:17
nb
This forum is the funniest I've read in MS in a long time.
03.11.2009 - 19:52
Biedrik

Well I'm never gonna be able to listen to that again.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
03.11.2009 - 21:00
JohnDoe
Account deleted

Doesn't "Emanuel" refer to the son of God?

funny news anyway, I guess Rob has nothing better to do these days but to make a Christmas album.
04.11.2009 - 02:49
Symmachus
This is going to be interesting. And this thread is rather funny as well.
04.11.2009 - 06:10
renai
Yeah christmas album! merry christmas theeeen. The minor scale "We Three Kings" is a perfectly epic metal tune....
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
04.11.2009 - 09:32
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Doc G. on 03.11.2009 at 11:32

I sincerely pray this is a fucking joke.

Nope, it's not a fucking joke, I listened this thinking it was a joke or something funny made by fans (c'mon, even the cover art seems fanmade), now I'll never be the same...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
04.11.2009 - 09:53
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Lucas on 03.11.2009 at 14:18

Funny you should mention that, I'm counting down the mere hours until someone makes an unbored album cover related to this - and I'm sure it will entail some homosexual references.
----
- George Carlin
04.11.2009 - 16:58
Magatouve
Account deleted
Written by nb on 03.11.2009 at 19:17

This forum is the funniest I've read in MS in a long time.

True... but in Arabic there's a saying that goes like this "The worst of all problems is that which makes you laugh"
What could be worse than the metal god releasing a Christmas album. This is of course after the Kings of Metal released a Christmas song last year. And Nightwish ex-vocalist as well if I'm not wrong... what is wrong with metal today
04.11.2009 - 20:17
Murder
Holy crap! :S

fuck... I hope Rudolph the red nose reindeer isn't on the tracklist... u_u

05.11.2009 - 01:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hahaha WTF?
----
05.11.2009 - 02:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh No! The German fans will have to wait for Halford's Christmas album...it's a damn shame...
05.11.2009 - 04:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Album of the year. unquestionably. anyone who says otherwise is wrong.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.11.2009 - 06:15
Derwood
All right, as a Judas Priest fan for the last 27 years, I just had to hear this thing. I hate to say it, but this is actually the headbangingest Christmas album I've ever heard. If you forget that they are Christmas songs, there's some seriously good metal on this thing. The opening track is ripping.

Although, as predicted, "O Come O Come Emmanuel" is decidedly gay.

It also has more than its fair share of premium grade cheddar, like "Winter Song"

Regardless, it's still better than Turbo.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!

Hits total: 5301 | This month: 13