Metal Storm logo
Most agressive/melodic/dirty vocalist of these ones

Original post

Posted by Vinnie R., 25.07.2006 - 03:52
Hi there, i don't like to make many topics as you do, but i wanted to start this one, about that kind of voice very strange that is dirty, almost Thrash metal, but at the same time is melodic, if power metal dominance appears to destroy it, but fit perfectly in that genre.

Well, i like a lot Blind Guardian, and the vocal style of hansi is very amazing, i like a lot and is my favorite style of voice.

The others ones uses a kind of distortion in their vocal crecendos, for example oliver hartmann in many songs of at vance or Matt Barlow in some iced earth songs where the high notes must be reached with agression...

What is your favorite vocalists of these and Why? do you like that style? c'monn

Poll

Which vocalist is better in the dirty/melodic style?

Hansi Kursch
Matt Barlow
Jorn Lande
Andi Deris
Oliver Hartmann

Total votes: 74
09.06.2007 - 06:13
Bitch Boy
Matt Barlow, his voice is really powerful and unique. It's a shame he left Iced Earth, not that Owens is bad, but he isn't Barlow.
21.08.2007 - 21:56
Imraghil
Jorn Lande. He's better than Hansi Kursch. Hansi is 2th. But Jorn Lande has an better voice, the best voice i know. I think hes better than Dio himself!
07.01.2008 - 01:05
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by Imraghil on 21.08.2007 at 21:56

Jorn Lande. He's better than Hansi Kursch. Hansi is 2th. But Jorn Lande has an better voice, the best voice i know. I think hes better than Dio himself!

Wow! Well, i love the way Jorn sings Straight trough the heart and i didn't want to say it but...sounds better with Jorn! Dio is like the Zeus of Metal Olympus...but Jorn is coming with great orce more than ever!
07.01.2008 - 04:20
panchowl
This kind of singers have much talent, I really like all of them...
Hansi is OK, he's a great vocalist, also Jorn Lande, his voice is simply awesome!
But I prefer Andi Deris, I think he's the best one... just my preference!
07.01.2008 - 17:19
Ascalon
Dirty melodic style ?? I choose Lande because for me at least it's the best vocalist of those ones
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
11.01.2008 - 05:57
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Hansi Kursch his voice is so unique and he can be very agressive at some point
----
Stay Metal !!!
12.01.2008 - 14:17
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
I had to give my vote to Hansi. His vocal abilities when playing live are uncomparable.
----
THRASH!!!
02.02.2008 - 06:22
selken
Irreligious
And KAI HANSEN??????
----
29.04.2008 - 07:14
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by selken on 02.02.2008 at 06:22

And KAI HANSEN??????

Think he has become more clean, but has also very good songs like heart of the unicorn, it shows the rough voice of kai very agressive.
14.02.2010 - 08:26
Gobobbles
Account deleted
Any vocal competition with Matt Barlow as a nominee makes the decision quite easy...I luv Hansi, but Barlow is better.
14.02.2010 - 23:41
ToMegaTherion
Mat Barlow and Hansi Kursch are hard to seperate, both are probably equally as good. Lande is also very good, but i don't think in the same league as the previous two mentioned. My vote is for Mat Barlow purely for my preferance for Iced Earths music.
18.08.2011 - 17:01
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Hansi. I don't like his dirty vocals, I only like the melodic ones.
26.03.2012 - 11:25
Codera the Great
Account deleted
I personally love Hansi's vocals the most, he nails sounding both aggressive and melodic in my opinion.
27.03.2012 - 18:10
Hansi for the win
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
06.04.2012 - 16:27
Likked
Always had a soft spot for Hansi...