Metal Storm logo
Nevermore - Guitarist Smyth Suffers Kidney Failure

Unfortunately we have to report that Nevermore guitarist Steve Smyth has been recently diagnosed with end stage kidney failure, the result of a congenital birth defect.

Smyth comments: "I have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, and have been advised to preserve my health as much as possible at this time, as I am facing 'complete renal failure' within six months, and ultimately, a transplant. Due to my recently diagnosed condition, I have decided not to join the band on the In Flames US tour. I want to be fair to the fans, and be able to give them a show I know I can deliver night after night. I will, however, join Nevermore on all four of the European festivals on our itinerary in early June: Gods of Metal, Rock Hard, Rott Fest, and Sweden Rock, after which, the doctors should have some news about the next step in my treatment. I will say this: I will fight this, and I will be back!"

Jag Panzer guitarist Chris Broderick will fill in for Smyth on the upcoming US tour, after which Smyth will rejoin the band for the aforementioned European festival dates. For more from Smyth about his health situation and future career plans, please visit http://www.stevesmyth.com .

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Nevermore
Posted: 03.05.2006 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 4 users
25.07.2006 - 08:36
Svelte
Account deleted
I hope he's going to be allright, and that he will continue to be able to make good music
26.07.2006 - 18:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I thought he already recovered, this message is from 03.05.2006..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama

Hits total: 2930 | This month: 17