Metal Storm logo
Martial Arts

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 25.07.2006 - 09:20
I personally admire martial arts in every way, I myself practice, and I also enjoy martial arts movies. So, I´d like you to share your opinions about this, do you also like them? do you practice? or anything you´d like to share or tell the rest. Or perhaps if you have a question anything you´d like to say about this, cheers
22.12.2011 - 22:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by vezzy on 22.12.2011 at 21:48
I honestly don't get why people are so fascinated with these myths. Oh right, weeaboos. It makes sense now.

That, and it works the same way as fantasy novels. It gives the reader hope that something that cool can really exist.

The five-finger palm exploding hand whatever technique from Kill Bill? Would be awesome. Is it real? Not likely. But people like to dream, and martial arts is known for pushing all kinds of cool shit to the forefront of mental strength and what it can do for you.

The bed of nails, elbowing through a tower of cinder blocks, having someone break a sledgehammer over your chest and brushing it off...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.12.2011 - 22:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.12.2011 at 22:02
elbowing through a tower of cinder blocks

That's actually the oldest physics lesson in the book. I'm surprised how so many people are oblivious of it and are wooed by that dull, stereotypical move.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.12.2011 - 22:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
It's all part of the mysticism or whatever. Just like illusionists.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.12.2011 - 00:40
Slayer666
Written by vezzy on 22.12.2011 at 22:04

That's actually the oldest physics lesson in the book. I'm surprised how so many people are oblivious of it and are wooed by that dull, stereotypical move.

Alright, that's it. You win the "most cynical barely-teen bastard skulking on teh Interwebz" award. Enjoy it.
23.12.2011 - 08:10
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Slayer666 on 23.12.2011 at 00:40
Alright, that's it. You win the "most cynical barely-teen bastard skulking on teh Interwebz" award. Enjoy it.

It is an honor. Thank you very much.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.