Metal Storm logo
Them Crooked Vultures

18.11.2009 - 08:07
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
This is an interesting project that suddenly popped up out of nowhere. Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters), Josh Homme (Queens Of The Stoneage) and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) get together and make some sort of loud thumping stripped down rock-type album. I heard about it just now and decided to make a topic about it. They're going on tour too. Has anyone else heard of this?
18.11.2009 - 08:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah I've been looking forward to hearing the album for a few months now. I heard one song and it was alright and the album just came out, but it's weird how it's not more hyped up, even though they intentionally kept quiet.
18.11.2009 - 10:47
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Yeah, they're coming here at the end of January and I'm thinking of going. Haven't heard any of the material, apparently some of it's online somewhere but I haven't been totally interested enough to look it up yet. A bit like the Chickenfoot thing with Joe Satriani, perhaps? Haven't checked that out either...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
18.11.2009 - 15:49
tulkas
el parcero
I was really excited when I first heard about this project, thanks to Haddonfield, and recently I watched the vids they have on their youtube channel. To be honest I expected a bit more, at least more impact on my first listen, but I still have to check them out properly since it does sound like a great mix.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
18.11.2009 - 16:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think the reason why they kept quiet about this project was because they knew too much hype and pressure would be created, when all they wanted to make was just a jam/rock album, not anything epic, for fun.
18.11.2009 - 18:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
What do you mean, no hype? My God they were hyped to high heaven here last summer when they did a "secret" gig in Amsterdam and later on appeared on the Lowlands Festival.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2009 - 22:25
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well Marcel this is the first I've ever heard about it...that is, I live in the middle of east bum fuck nowhere...it really could have been hyped a lot more if they really wanted it to...there is a pretty basic commercial about it that hardly pops up and that's how I heard of it...
18.11.2009 - 22:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 18.11.2009 at 22:25

Well Marcel this is the first I've ever heard about it...that is, I live in the middle of east bum fuck nowhere...it really could have been hyped a lot more if they really wanted it to...there is a pretty basic commercial about it that hardly pops up and that's how I heard of it...

They are generating some mysticism around the band and building the hype from there. It is not a hype for the mainstream but more in the so-called alternative music press.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2009 - 22:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2009 at 22:40

Written by Guest on 18.11.2009 at 22:25

They are generating some mysticism around the band and building the hype from there. It is not a hype for the mainstream but more in the so-called alternative music press.

Yeah agreed...the commercial was on IFC (Independant Film Channel)