Metal Storm logo
Things that make you happy

Original post

Posted by Nexus, 18.11.2009 - 19:00
All right, so everyones bitching about things that make em sad, or things that piss em off ... but man, enough of this negativity! We got enough of that shite circulating around this world as it is without us harvesting and exacerbating it. Lets talk about and celebrate what makes us happy for once!

Music! Particularly metal! ... And even more so, Thrash metal to be exact. Fuck yeah!
Beer!
Sunny days : )
Sunsets
People who genuinely care about others, and want to help each other out
Positive people
Honest people (or as honest as they can possibly be)
People who like to party as much as I do (without losing themselves completely)
People who are able to discuss something intelligent

And yeah, searched about 7 pages back, got to be too much of a strenuous task for me to keep looking back to see if anyone had posted a topic similar to this. If there is one, then feel free to trash this thread.
28.10.2020 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Metren on 28.10.2020 at 17:03

Estonian Ministry of Social Affairs just sent me an invitation that gives me free access to Coursera.org's courses. Time to educate myself and become less of a dum-dum!!! I'll probably choose 3-4 course max, because the requirement is to complete chosen courses by the end of 2020.

Read again, maybe you should be part of their armed forces
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.10.2020 - 17:42
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Bad English on 28.10.2020 at 17:17

Read again, maybe you should be part of their armed forces

Some of those that don't work forces, are the same that take online courses.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
29.10.2020 - 14:57
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
The person reading this.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
16.12.2020 - 21:41
Metren
Dreadrealm
The fact that I was able to create a functional blue screen out of an old bed sheet and some pieces of wood. Here's an example (I haven't quite mastered the lighting and filming part yet):

(Please ignore the shitty ass playing, this was just a test and the guitaring is mostly improvised)

----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
20.01.2021 - 12:31
ZachPoch

Nice films make me really happy
20.01.2021 - 14:42
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Nice animes make me happy.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.01.2021 - 15:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2021 at 14:42

On finner plate?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.01.2021 - 15:46
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2021 at 14:42

Any recommendations? Preferably a film or a series that's something recent and that isn't like 400+ episodes. I used to watch anime and read manga during "the big 3" era back in the day, but I'm now out of the loop.
----
20.01.2021 - 16:00
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 20.01.2021 at 15:26

On finner plate?

What do you mean 'plate'?

Written by Metren on 20.01.2021 at 15:46

Any recommendations? Preferably a film or a series that's something recent and that isn't like 400+ episodes. I used to watch anime and read manga during "the big 3" era back in the day, but I'm now out of the loop.

Well, what kind of animes are you into?

Nowadays I've already had it with the whole shounen scream-the-most to win and power of friendship thing. I've been watching mostly calm, relaxing, character-centered slice of lifes where nothing happens. Most of the time Slice of Life animes are pretty short too.

I haven't watched many things so recent tho... I watched Majou no Tabitabi from 2020, which is pretty good but not 'oh wow that's good' good. I also watched the comedy/slice of lifes Machikado Mazoku and Kaguya Sama wa Kokurasetai.Also Asobi Asobase if 2019 counts as recent. I recommend all the three of them. If you enjoy slice of life, that is :3
----
- Reimu Hakurei
20.01.2021 - 16:05
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2021 at 16:00

Back when I was a teen and the dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, my favorite anime was Ergo Proxy.
----
20.01.2021 - 16:11
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Metren on 20.01.2021 at 16:05

Written by Karlabos on 20.01.2021 at 16:00

Back when I was a teen and the dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, my favorite anime was Ergo Proxy.

So the more misterious/abstract type?

I haven't followed the scene very much but know a couple of older ones.
Serial Experiments Lain is pretty interesting. Also Mousou Dairinin. This last one is from the same director of the film Perfect Blue, but is a 12-episode anime instead.
People here in this site who enjoy the genre also recommend Tehnolyze, although I never watched it myself.

But of course, the greatest make-your-own-meaning anime of all time in my view is the Monogatari series
----
- Reimu Hakurei
10.10.2023 - 10:24
Metren
Dreadrealm
Today is my 34th birthday. Getting older doesn’t make me happy. What makes me happy is this being the first birthday in ages, where I don’t dread getting older like I used to. Getting diagnosed with ADHD and taking medication has relieved me of the belief it's too late to do or be anything. I don’t mind birthdays now. I don’t feel like time is rushing out. Since being diagnosed and medicated, my mood has improved, and I have been more consistent with activities I enjoy, like reading and writing.

The most important thing is that my wife no longer has to worry about my mental state. She leans strongly towards being a true empath, so my pains and woes have been hers as well, for years. Sometimes I feel she loves me too much, at least now it is much easier on her heart and mind to be so loving. Just writing this makes me want to go hug her, but she’s still asleep and I don’t have the heart to go wake her.

In other news: I’ll travel to Japan in less than a month with a bunch of friends. I’ve never been a traveling person, having never been farther than Latvia and Finland. Luckily, my friend has taken on the role of organizing nearly everything, so I just get to relax and enjoy it all. I’ll be taking a ton of photos and videos at The Studio Ghibli museum and park and other locations.
----
18.10.2023 - 15:09
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
As a mathematician, one of the best feelings is when you finally manage to prove the annoying theorem you were trying to make it work for so long ^_^
----
- Reimu Hakurei
27.01.2024 - 17:33
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by Metren on 10.10.2023 at 10:24

Today is my 34th birthday. Getting older doesn’t make me happy. What makes me happy is this being the first birthday in ages, where I don’t dread getting older like I used to. Getting diagnosed with ADHD and taking medication has relieved me of the belief it's too late to do or be anything. I don’t mind birthdays now. I don’t feel like time is rushing out. Since being diagnosed and medicated, my mood has improved, and I have been more consistent with activities I enjoy, like reading and writing.

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 27 (I'm 32 now), and it's definitely never too late for anything. Getting medication was a revelation for sure. Welcome to your new life!
28.01.2024 - 11:53
Metal Rasputin

Efficiency, hard work, productivity etc. I know this sounds stupid, but it's the core industrious personality that makes me love this. Sitting down and wasting time makes me feel miserable. Even if I watch films there's always some good reason for it, like I'm writing essays, reviews or something, never solely for fun. That's just how it works for me. Luckily there are things like music you can enjoy while making things move.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!