Metal Storm logo
The Old Dead Tree - Call It Quits

Season Of Mist press release

We are sorry to announce French goth metallers The Old Dead Tree decided to call it quits. Here is frontman Manuel's official statement:

"The Old Dead Tree is no more.

I wish I never had to write those words, but nothing is forever. These last few months, some disagreements started to grow within the band, regarding commitment and musical direction in the making of our fourth album. Those differences of opinions soon turned out to be a dead-end problem and led me to make the decision of ending the band's activities.

In twelve years of existence, The Old Dead Tree had its share of line-up changes. Of course, each of them has been an improvement, but they were also painful losses. And I do not want to face that kind of loss again. Be that as it may, I am still extremely proud of the work we have achieved and I want to thank all the people without whom nothing would have been possible: past and present band members with whom I learnt so much and had amazing times, our wonderful crew, our label Season of Mist, our tour booker K Productions, and especially the fans who supported us and encouraged us to go forwards. I wish them all the best in their future endeavours. This is now farewell."

Season of Mist thanks The Old Dead Tree for having created three great albums and wish its members good luck for the future. So long, guys!

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: The Old Dead Tree
Posted: 19.11.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 103 users
19.11.2009 - 08:35
MetalManic

That sucks ass!
19.11.2009 - 08:52
dark_mar

Very sad for me...I have just bought The Old Dead Tree CD and wanted more...
19.11.2009 - 10:09
Jeeers

Bad beginning of the morning...
19.11.2009 - 13:07
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Shit ! i was waiting for the new (The Nameless Disease)
19.11.2009 - 16:45
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
One of my favorite bands disbands again :< thats really sad
----
19.11.2009 - 20:25
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Really really sad news. Now I deeply regret my decision of not going to Paris to see them live last year when I had the chance to.
20.11.2009 - 00:16
Symmachus

I've only heard a few of their songs, but this is sad news. It sucks that I didn't hear more while they were around, and it sucks that they split up in the first place. But this was a respectable decision on their behalf, considering what was going on with the band.
20.11.2009 - 02:52
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
WQW. This is truly awful news.
20.11.2009 - 02:55
Promonex
Cathemeral
That's really sad news! They were bloody good on CD and even better live. I'm glad I still had the chance to see them twice while they still were around.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
20.11.2009 - 18:40
BobMoron

First Oasis and now this!

Just kidding. Saw these gyus live a few years ago, they were pertty cool.
----
'The key to making Oscar Wilde quotes is to add '~ Oscar Wilde' at the end.' ~ Oscar Wilde
21.11.2009 - 09:41
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by BobMoron on 20.11.2009 at 18:40

First Oasis and now this!

Haha. Good one .

Hits total: 4394 | This month: 7