Metal Storm logo
Best Arabian Metal Band

Original post

Posted by , 20.11.2009 - 15:28
The reason why I made this forum I just wanted to know if there is any fans on Metalstorm, favorite Arabian band? favorite album? favorite songs? Personally my favorite band is Oath To Vanquish.

Also check this list:
Top Arabian Metal Albums
10.04.2012 - 11:43
Infernal Eternal

Are Canada and France countries of the MIddle East?
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
10.04.2012 - 19:10
Fritillaria
Account deleted
The best official Arabian band that I have listened to is Kimaera. Truly I like their music. There is another one which soon they will release their album but I don'r remember the name of band the name their single was Inner Guilt truly an eargasmic death metal from Lebanon I highly recommend you to check them
26.04.2012 - 19:29
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Guest on 10.04.2012 at 19:10

Inner Guilt

Awesome choice. Their blend of thrashy riffs, breakdowns, tremolos and harsh vocals is impeccable. They really sound strong.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
27.04.2012 - 17:18
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Arabian Metal has lot of heavyweight of whining growls and very biased religion crap lyrics which evidently they think that's the most important subject to reply on. Last time i listen an Arab Metal was in 2007 and shit! i started hating it.

Now if you take country "Oman" in consideration, they are the most updated country who pouring down lot of DM bands against their religion. Anyone fan of "Oman" Metal scene out here?
27.04.2012 - 17:34
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.04.2012 at 17:18

Arabian Metal has lot of heavyweight of whining growls and very biased religion crap lyrics which evidently they think that's the most important subject to reply on. Last time i listen an Arab Metal was in 2007 and shit! i started hating it.

Now if you take country "Oman" in consideration, they are the most updated country who pouring down lot of DM bands against their religion. Anyone fan of "Oman" Metal scene out here?

That's the lyrical side of that music, you know that middle east has been always in conflicts with religious issues, so It's obvious that they choose religious theme for lyrics, isn't like questioning Scandinavian metal scene for their lyrical theme that mostly is about their cultur and nature ? I think every band get inspirations from the place they live in for their words in the music they write.
and no I know nothing about metal scene in Omen.
27.04.2012 - 17:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 27.04.2012 at 17:34

isn't like questioning Scandinavian metal scene for their lyrical theme that mostly is about their cultur and nature ? I think every band get inspirations from the place they live in for their words in the music they write.

No, they ain't biased the way every Arabian Metal bands are. They just whine about "freedom", "peace", "our mediocre government" and blah. They doing it like from past so many years and its too boring to give a shit. About Scandinavian metal scene? Oh please! they are way different lyrically and have a freakload of talent, innovation and inspiration.
27.04.2012 - 18:05
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

No, they ain't biased the way every Arabian Metal bands are. They just whine about "freedom", "peace", "our mediocre government" and blah. They doing it like from past so many years and its too boring to give a shit. About Scandinavian metal scene? Oh please! they are way different lyrically and have a freakload of talent, innovation and inspiration.

hmmm, though up to some extent I agree, but how do you know they don't have the inspiration and talent, ok I can accept the innovation part, but the way they present what they are trying to say in their music is mostly affected by where they live, I mean when they lack innovation mostly its because many of them are not really free to say whatever they want to say many talks in metaphors and they live in a completely different culture,some common ppl beside the governmental ppl are opposed to playing metal and very small ppl knows their music in society,among all those pressures being innovative is a bit hard, but I still believe that yeah sometimes they realy seem inexperienced in what they have done till now, but I can't say It's boring because they're using the same theme for their lyrical theme.Their presentations is a bit in trouble, well It's obvious when they can't have gigs as much as the band want to perform how they can grow ? Totally I say they still need to learn more but I have heard good tunes among them like I said Kimaera is one of them which had really stuck on my mind.
27.04.2012 - 18:49
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.04.2012 at 17:45

Really ?
I know the middle eastern scene pretty well, the big bands like Bilocate, Nervecell, Scarab do not sing about "freedom" and "peace" and the local Syrian scene, which is flourishing recently, has lots of bands who sing about non of what you mentioned. see Eulen, Despair (SYR), Blackspelland Psychiatric Delusions.
I'm not even going to discuss the last sentence though since it's ridiculous to say the least.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
28.04.2012 - 00:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Infernal Eternal on 10.04.2012 at 11:43

I [REALLY hope you're trolling.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.04.2012 - 01:30
Oaken
Hipster

Your post is biased, and TBH totally wrong. Just name me a single band that is pro-religion. And you can't really generalize what you heard on the whole scene. There are some very, very talented bands in the Middle East. Karl Sanders of Nile helped the UAE band Nervecell with some vocals on their latest album. Since when does Karl Sanders assist shit? And what makes you say that Scarab, Bilocate, Eulen and Innerself's Crescent Moon suck?
Sorry dude, but it looks like you know nothing of the Arabian scene.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
28.04.2012 - 07:26
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Oaken on 28.04.2012 at 01:30

Sorry dude, but it looks like you know nothing of the Arabian scene.

Honestly at this moment I do suck big time cause I am failed to retaliate with the facts, but you know what? back in 07 i dig out Arab metal scene and it wasn't anything unique with the fact that constantly they just had a boring pro-religion lyrics and repetitive mediocre riffs.

Are all Arabian Metal bands sucks? No. they don't. Some of them came out from their small hope and try to established themselves as an unique brand but what back in 07 I heard was an awful taste that I had it. I'm trying to fetch out that band which was having a successful scene, high pitched vocal notes with depressive weak drumming and awful riffs had just torn me apart to never step it back and give it a listen to.
28.04.2012 - 20:32
Infernal Eternal

Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.04.2012 at 00:29

Written by Infernal Eternal on 10.04.2012 at 11:43

I [REALLY hope you're trolling.

Me too
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
29.04.2012 - 02:28
JD
Account deleted
Written by InnerSelf on 27.04.2012 at 18:49

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 27.04.2012 at 17:45

Really ?
I know the middle eastern scene pretty well, the big bands like Bilocate, Nervecell, Scarab do not sing about "freedom" and "peace" and the local Syrian scene, which is flourishing recently, has lots of bands who sing about non of what you mentioned.

Seconded.
27.07.2016 - 14:13
Peter.metal

I find out this cool playlist: http://www.staimusic.com/en/playlists/the-very-best-of-arabic-metal_3006.html
07.11.2016 - 23:09
ToMegaTherion

Hands down my vote goes to an Iranian BM band called Evoke Efrits - this guy is a seriously talented musician Nowhere is an amazing album. Anyone who has a passing affection for Enslaved's more recent works will very much appreciate it i think.
11.04.2021 - 17:40
Mountain King
K i K o
Worst thing about the Arab World bands, save a few, that it's all oriented towards extreme genres, mainly death & black or thrash/doom with growling. To me most of that stuff even when done by the best bands, sounds almost the same.
Not sure if they think that it gives you balls to play such genres vs clean genre vocals. That's why I rarely listen to any arab bands.

The best imo is Myrath and another fairly good band is from Lebanon called Ostura. Their 2nd and most recent album has some good quality prog with clean vocals. Some of the aforementioned bands in the comments definitely have talented musicians and some good riffs, but overall to me sounds just like noise.