Metal Storm logo
Coph Nia

20.11.2009 - 16:25
Hamird
Lieutenant
Well if you are interested in Dark Ambient mixed with Industrial music, this one may be a very good pick.. Coph Nia is one my long time and of course all time favorite bands.. The first noises I'd heard of the band was That Which Remains, about 4 years ago.. And it sounded so interesting for me, because the atmosphere of the album was very nice.. And then Shape Shifter and Dark Illuminati (two other albums) also take my mind..
And Coph Nia have done some great cover songs as well as their own original songs.. Fire and Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne, Sympathy For The Devil by Rolling Stones and Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath are some examples..
So, if there are some other folks here who have heard about this band can share their opinions on the band and if also someone needs recommendation I'd say just start it, chronologically.. That Which Remains can give you the whole idea of the band, and then you will be on the way of their evolution to their last EP, Qliphothic Phantasmagoria..

About Mr. Crowley (as Aldenon Sartorial (the main person of the band) is really interested in Aleister Crowley and has done a cover song of Ozzy Osbourne's Mr. Crowley), I've heard some versions of this song, such as the original one by Ozzy Osbourne himself, Moonspell and Cradle of Filth.. But the one Coph Nia have done is the best in my opinion..
30.10.2013 - 12:05
mz

Checked Dark Illuminati yesterday and did not like it at all.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.