Metal Storm logo
Valkyrja - Reveal Sophomore Album Details

Swedish Black Metallers Valkyrja have finished recordings for their second album Contamination. Again recorded at Necromorbus Studios (Deströyer 666, Watain) with Tore Stjerna at the helm, Contamination is the logical successor to the bands debut album The Invocation Of Demise (re-issued by Metal Blade Records in July 2009). Valkyrja act even more relentless than on their first effort and they have also refined their sense for compelling melodies close to perfection.

The band comments on Contamination as follows: "The two years which have passed since the The Invocation of Demise session has been a hectic period of composing, crafting and some line-up changes. During this last summer Valkyrja manifested the second album. There were no doubts that we would return to Necromorbus Studio, again with Tore Stjerna as producer, and the outcome of this session formed an abominable weapon. January 2010 Metal Blade Records will unleash this dweller of the underworld - by far the strongest material thus far - namely Contamination, a mark of violent and dark Metal for the predator and beast of opposition within man."

Every Black Metal fan in general and followers of Dissection and Naglfar in particular will love the hymnic riffing and the vicious atmosphere Valkyrja unleash on their new album.

Crowned by a top-notch, freezing cold and brutal production, Contamination is indeed the first Black Metal highlight of the new year and makes Valkyrja THE Black Metal band to watch out for in 2010. Contamination will be released all over Europe the 15th/18th of January 2010.

Contamination [cover art] tracklist:

01. Advent...
02. Oceans To Dust
03. Catharsis (Contaminate The Earth)
04. Solstice In Withdrawal
05. Laments Of The Destroyed
06. Ambience Of The Dead
07. The Womb Of Disease
08. Welcoming Worms
09. A Cursed Seed In The World
10. The Adversarial Incentive Within All

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Valkyrja
Posted: 20.11.2009 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 20 users
21.11.2009 - 04:13
Symmachus

The cover looks a lot like something that a doom metal band would do, to be honest.
22.11.2009 - 16:40
Sunioj

Written by Symmachus on 21.11.2009 at 04:13

The cover looks a lot like something that a doom metal band would do, to be honest.

Hmm.. I don't remember much examples for me to base this off but I'm inclined to agree with you.

I'm actually by chance listening to their prior release for the first time and its not bad. The drums and guitar are definitely Ondskaptish tho. Hopefully now that the new Valkyrja is done, this will somehow magically expedite the new Ondskapt.

EDIT: vocalist kinda sounds like the one from Orcivus.

Hits total: 2617 | This month: 3