Metal Storm logo
Those awesome debuts that never have a follow-up...

22.11.2009 - 17:35
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Some bands release incredible debuts. You, happy lil' metalhead, get into them and can't live a whole minute without listening to that awesome debut. And then you get to know the album by heart, so you wish for another bone to chew on, but it NEVER comes. Not that the band has been disbanded, they just don't seem to want to release the next album someday (let me think of one of those frustrating bands... hummm... WINTERSUN?! AAAAAAAAAAARGH!). Discuss.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
23.11.2009 - 00:12
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
The first band that comes to my mind and fits in that topic is "Betray My Secrets". Their self titled album is really great, but they never released anything afterwards
23.11.2009 - 15:49
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I can only think of Wintersun, its driving me crazy waiting for the new so called "Time" album it seems like it will never come:mad:
23.11.2009 - 15:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
Wintersun is an obvious answer but "Time" will eventually (probably) come. But one band that comes up in my head is Imperanon, they only had one album right? And they're disbanded. Damn, I love that album.
----
23.11.2009 - 16:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Lykathea Aflame lol

MS says they have two albums, while M-A says only one - Elvenfris, which was what I thought as well. Anyways, since releasing Elvenfris, every band member left besides one, then the dude changed the name and said an album would come out soon, then changed it back.

It's been 9 years.
23.11.2009 - 16:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dangerboner on 23.11.2009 at 16:03

Lykathea Aflame lol

MS says they have two albums, while M-A says only one - Elvenfris, which was what I thought as well. Anyways, since releasing Elvenfris, every band member left besides one, then the dude changed the name and said an album would come out soon, then changed it back.

It's been 9 years.

The one we have as debut was released when they still had a different name aparently
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2009 - 20:18
Saitenhexerin

I-def-i - In the Light of A New Day.

I really love that one, but they split because they had problems with their management, and they'll nerver come back.
They also have a EP, called Bloodlust Casualty, which is also pretty awesome.

Go and check them out, they play straightforward, a-little-screamy Heavy Metal!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
04.12.2009 - 19:08
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Dangerboner on 23.11.2009 at 16:03

Lykathea Aflame lol

It's been 9 years.

Perfect example, and I can't think of anything else atm.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.12.2009 - 23:43
Biedrik

Dream Death was an awesome doom metal band with thrashy vocals, but after their one and only album, they disbanded. Quite sad it was. Also, Demilich, a great tech death band, also disbanded after releasing one album full of bizarre and unique death metal.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
08.12.2009 - 02:36
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Weakling, with their album "Dead As Dreams", an amazing DSBM album but, it's been nearly ten years since their debut release and have since disbanded.

Funeral Dirge, they had one two song EP and a split album but, on the split it was the same tracks as found on their EP.

Grimm (Nor.), one demo only back in '93, same deal with World Destroyer who only released a demo in '04.
08.12.2009 - 10:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bitter Dawn on 08.12.2009 at 02:36

Funeral Dirge, they had one two song EP and a split album but, on the split it was the same tracks as found on their EP.

Terrible, in the bad sense of the word, songs those are. I have the split and to be honest Funeral dirge's songs are just a waste of space.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.12.2009 - 12:09
BloodTears
ANA-thema
All I can remember right now is For My Pain. They released "Fallen" which I thought was a great album in its genre and then they stopped for some reason. Never heard anything from them ever again, sadly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.12.2009 - 16:45
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2009 at 10:29

Written by Bitter Dawn on 08.12.2009 at 02:36

Terrible, in the bad sense of the word, songs those are. I have the split and to be honest Funeral dirge's songs are just a waste of space.

The quality is rather shit, I'll admit that, so maybe it's not an "awsome" debut but it's Kvarforth so you know it would be much better if the production was cleaner..granted, any thing that encompasses members of Shining ends up sound like Shining though...
08.12.2009 - 22:53
GT
Coffee!!
The first band that springs to mind is Timeless Miracle. They've only released Into The Enchanted Chamber which is one of the best power metal albums ever made. The music is awesome and the lyrics are the best.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.12.2009 - 21:56
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Guest on 08.12.2009 at 00:39

Written by Warman on 23.11.2009 at 15:53

Wintersun is an obvious answer but "Time" will eventually (probably) come. But one band that comes up in my head is Imperanon, they only had one album right? And they're disbanded. Damn, I love that album.

agreed!

Is it me or Imperanon kinda sucks? I'm very much into Extreme Power, I really love that subgenre, but Imperanon? The vocals are boring and get on my nerves... the guitar is good enough, though. Not very original, but fast.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
10.12.2009 - 21:04
I, The Quatropus

Not metal, but Pulse Ultra. Headspace was such a god damn awesome CD, shame another album couldn't come along.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
07.01.2010 - 22:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Weakling, as was mentioned.

Lurker Of Challice comes to mind, although who knows what will happen with the off-Leviathan project.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.01.2010 - 23:08
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Yeah, I don't know about those LoC albums that are apparently recorded but not yet released. What comes to mind for me is Weakling, Lurker Of Chalice, Lykathea Aflame, and Demilich (as were stated above), as well as Thergothon and Mortifera, if they count. Although I don't know what is going on with that band.
08.01.2010 - 08:15
Immortal

Pretty intersting thread! I remember an extreme Black Metal from Norway called 'Hatepulse' released an awesome EP as a debut and I've never heard of them since !
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
08.01.2010 - 09:53
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Sinergy's "Sins Of The Past"
Even if they did lose or steal the material it doesn't take five years to write new material all together.
When's The bitch gonna be back?
08.01.2010 - 19:54
Slayer666

Anyone here heard of a french black metal band Bekhira? No?
Well, they released a somewhat crappy Demo back in 1996... Then, they had a split album, which I didn't bother with, and then surprised with an amaizing full-length "L'Elu du Mal" in 2005. Man, that is one hell of an album. One of the best I've ever heard, in fact. Unfortunatelly, even though "Encyclopaedia Metallum" says they are still active, I doubt we will get more from these guys. A damn shame, really.
08.01.2010 - 22:01
Burning Winter

Written by GT on 08.12.2009 at 22:53

The first band that springs to mind is Timeless Miracle. They've only released Into The Enchanted Chamber which is one of the best power metal albums ever made. The music is awesome and the lyrics are the best.

So damn true, I'm not a power metal listener but this... Their album is simply amazing and yet we didn't have news of them in ages...
----
We just have one life... SO LISTEN TO METAL!!!!
18.01.2010 - 22:45
Don Martin
le fu-
It's sad Repulsion never made a second album after Horrified...
They still gig now but I think they don't make a new record to keep the old school spirit of Horrified alive
----
What a tackastrophe!
19.01.2010 - 00:07
Inlé

Timeless Miracle.

As has been suggested by some above posters, any power metal fan who has heard the album will know what I'm talking about. If they ever make a 2nd in a similar vein I'll shit a brick. I suppose Lykathea Aflame are a close second. Elvenfris is indeed brilliant.

I also hope Dark Forest (Canada) make another full length. Shame God Macabre never made more than "the Winterlong" either.
23.01.2010 - 19:06
Brogkul

"Demonoid" definitely. "Riders Of The Apocalypse" is a great album.

According to this site they begun working on the second album back in 2006. Lets hope they release new material this year.
----
"The Sly One"
23.01.2010 - 22:37
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
EchoSilence teased me with their EP "Distorted Horizon" - some of the most original prog metal I've heard. Hoping for an LP I waited and waited...until the news came out they disbanded because of "musical differences" ... ugh
----
rekt
25.01.2010 - 05:38
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Obsidian from the Netherlands had a wonderful full length debut on 2006 I think, never really heard of them again, there's still time for a follow up I guess. That would be interesting, I really liked them
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
25.01.2010 - 06:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
And then there are those procrastinating progressive metal bands!

Spiral Architect...they released an amazing technical progressive metal feast in 2000 and never released anything again...but they are still around and still keep saying that they'll release another one someday...the same thing happened with another band I know named Hex from Chicago...another one of those obscure progressive metal bands that released an album back in 2003 and kept saying they're going to release another album someday...they still seem to be a band but haven't released anything yet...there are more...Catharsis is another obscure progressive metal band that released an album back in 1995...they split up though but had a lot of promise...Lord Bane was another progressive metal band on that label who fell into the same trap...Watchtower is one of those bands now too...when the hell is Mathematics coming out...how about NEVER...another progressive metal band that pisses me off this way is Braindance...they release an album every 6 years and have been telling their fans that they're going to release this new album and it has been three years now! Their last release was in 2001 and they have been telling everyone 'oh yeah, its coming...' Spastic Ink is another one of these procrastination bands...Ron Jarzombek from Watchtower - the procrastination king - formed this band...Spastic Ink puts out an album every eight years...their last one was in 2004...and yeah, there will be many more...probably 8-10 years apart...I hate it so much...Madsword is yet another one...they released a stunning EP in 1996...it took them 6 years to release the album and then they broke up...Digital Ruin is another...their last release was in 2001...it kinda sounded like nu metal meets progressive metal...they keep saying they are going to release a new album too...
11.02.2010 - 07:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Nobody here cares for Spectrum Of Death? It's a thrashterpiece! And according to the band members, they had to "eat and live"; therefore no future releases would ever see the light of day under the Morbid Saint name. A sad day for metal it was.

As mentioned before, Lykathea Aflame and Nespithe fall into the same category. Not so much into the Wintersun album...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."