02. The Fear
03. Niños De La Guerra
04. Time Of The Rising Sun
05. Tons Of Garbage
06. Ya No Hay Tiempo
07. Crisis
08. No Existe Ese Enemigo
09. I Never Thought You Could Act Like This

Now, this is what I call a Goddamned crying shame: The favourite of the four releases that were sent to me by EBM Records turns out to be the band's debut "Yes, bleedin' brilliant, so that means they can only improve over the years. That means they will become huge since this debut just blows me away" And what do I read in the accompanying biography? The band's debut and FINAL full length. No, no, please tell me that isn't true, the my eyes are deceiving me and that I need new glasses. But a little background check proved that, unfortunately, my eyes weren't playing any tricks on me. Boohoo, sniff, blubber. Why oh why, you cruel world? The horror of it all.
Yes, another crustcore band but with a slight twist. Some slight metal influences are discernible making it just the way I like it for this sort of music. I think that never in my life have I read a biography which just nails the sound for one hundred per cent. Well, there has to be a first time for everything. And here we get that. Just sit back and listen "Nosferatus Subworld delivers 9 tracks of dark and apocalyptic crustcore that will bring to your mind obscure and twisted visions of a dying world. Crude/raw sound and desperate vocals complete this nightmarish entity making this release a true landscape of despair and agony." Spot on that is.
All in all nine tracks with a heavy yet somewhat clear sound which is also crude and raw. The twin guitars adding that much needed punch and dark apocalyptic touch. And the vocals are so desperate that I can envision the split flying around at concerts.

The two main jewels among the nine apocalyptic subterranean visions of hell are Time Of The Rising Sun and Tons Of Garbage.

This album is proof that God doesn't exist, and isn't merciful at all, unlike what some people want us to believe, or else he wouldn't have allowed this to be Nosferatus Subworld's final full length. So, what's left for me? Just spin it round and round until the cd wears down, I guess.

Damn, so all in all another good release by EBM Records in the traditions of old school core. First Generhate, Comando Caveira, Human Error, and now the best till last: Nosferatus Subworld. EBM Records surely is a stand-out Latin American hardcore label. Open-minded metalheads should really check out the releases by this label.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse | 11.07.2007

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 21 users
25.11.2009 - 10:00
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Excuse my ignorance Marcel, but I'd like to know what is this crustcore you're talking about, since your review seems so dasperate that I'd like to check this album.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
25.11.2009 - 14:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Daggon on 25.11.2009 at 10:00

Excuse my ignorance Marcel, but I'd like to know what is this crustcore you're talking about, since your review seems so dasperate that I'd like to check this album.

Mmm seeing your favourite bands I am not sure you would like it. But of course you're always free to check it out
Crustcore is a mix of crustpunk and hardcore punk. Hope this description helps a bit
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.11.2009 - 09:46
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.11.2009 at 14:40

Written by Daggon on 25.11.2009 at 10:00

Mmm seeing your favourite bands I am not sure you would like it. But of course you're always free to check it out
Crustcore is a mix of crustpunk and hardcore punk. Hope this description helps a bit

Thanks, it's always refreshing to check something unknown for me so, even if I don't like it, It will be good to experience something new
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 5971 | This month: 4