Metal Storm logo
Gigantour 2006 - Details Announced

Gigantour is back.

Look for the tour - to launch in the Northeast and to work its way through 25 major markets before wrapping in mid-October, with Xbox's "Gears of War" sponsoring the trek. Megadeth will return as the festival headliner on a bill that includes fellow heavy-hitters Lamb Of God, plus Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Into Eternity, Sanctity and The Smashup all confirmed for these mostly outdoor shows. Other second stage artists will be announced soon.

Mustaine personally hand-picks all the Gigantour bands, with a sharp eye on true musicianship. He says Gigantour is a great place for like-minded music fans to see a full day of music on two stages without breaking the bank, and he's glad the tour is back in '06. " This is the concert that I, as a heavy metal music fan, would want to see," says Mustaine. "It is going to be something to look forward to each year, to see what kind of tremendous talent we can assemble, for Gigantour festivals in the years to come."

Stay tuned for more details, or check out:
http://www.GIGANTOUR.com
http://www.megadeth.com
http://www.myspace.com/gigantour2006
http://www.myspace.com/megadeth

View the tour dates

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Event: Gigantour 2006
Posted: 26.07.2006 by Deth

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 4 users
26.07.2006 - 23:47
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Oh wow. What a great line up. Not as impressive as last year, but still, a killer set. I hope one comes close to North Carolina.
----
(space for rent)
27.07.2006 - 03:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Fuck! No Seattle dates yet!

This year's lineup pwns last year's lineup.
27.07.2006 - 03:33
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Almost all of the bands on teh lineup this year are either awesome or pretty good. Im beyond excited that Into Eternity is on this tour; theyre one of my all-time favorite bands and seeing them is going to be a blast.
27.07.2006 - 06:41
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
I want my Nevermore and Symphony X back! But Opeth is a delicious treat, as is Arch Enemy and LoG. I wish it wasnt on a monday! Now I will have to call in sick or something.
27.07.2006 - 07:19
Fayde
Account deleted
Last year I traveled a thousand miles to see Symphony X, Nevermore, Dream Theater, Fear Factory and Megadeth...this year I started reading through the list of bands and was doubting that I'd make the trip but then I stumbled across Opeth slotted for the main stage...oh how long I've waited to see Mikael Akerfeldt and company in concert, see you in Milwaukee on September 21st!
28.07.2006 - 03:13
Asat0r

Damn I hope they come near NC, or Atlanta. The lineup rules, I'd prefer to see somebody else on there than Lamb of God though.
28.07.2006 - 19:28
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Saw Gigantour last year in toronto, It kicked ass, but this years lineup of Log Opeth and Archenemy kicks the shit out of Fear Factory, Dillinger escape plan and nevermore. And on top of it there are more bands to be added yet. I know its a long shot but Testament ?? Iced Earth????? Anthrax?? One can only dream
31.07.2006 - 23:33
Thrash666

Written by Guest on 28.07.2006 at 19:28

Saw Gigantour last year in toronto, It kicked ass, but this years lineup of Log Opeth and Archenemy kicks the shit out of Fear Factory, Dillinger escape plan and nevermore. And on top of it there are more bands to be added yet. I know its a long shot but Testament ?? Iced Earth????? Anthrax?? One can only dream

I agree. It would be cool to have Testament or Anthrax play. I was hoping that this year's lineup would have been an all thrash lineup. But I am still happy with the lineup this year and I will be going.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
01.08.2006 - 00:33
Mega-Slayer

This is fucking sweet they'll be in Salt Lake on sep. 15th.I missed the unholy alliance tour,so at least I have a second chance to see some real bands.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
02.08.2006 - 22:29
º HoSTiLe º

anyone know if there´s gonna be a show in Boston ?
----
- ? ?¤øØ )' ¦-¦Ö§±¦£ë '( Øø¤? ?
........StEpS_Of_SiLeNcE........
07.09.2006 - 19:32
Thryce
Retired Staff
The following is Megadeth's set list from the September 6th kick off of this year's Gigantour in Boise, ID:

Blackmail The Universe
Skin O' My Teeth
The Scorpion
Wake Up Dead
In My Darkest Hour
Die Dead Enough
She Wolf
Reckoning Day
Angry Again
Trust
Hangar 18
Tornado Of Souls
Kick The Chair
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
----------------------
Holy Wars

EDIT :
More set lists have been revealed from the September 6th kick off of this year's Gigantour in Boise, ID:

ARCH ENEMY:

Nemesis
Dead Eyes See No Future
My Apocalypse
First Deadly Sin
I Am Legend/Out For Blood
Ravenous
We Will Rise/Bridge Of Destiny Outro

OVERKILL:

Necroshine
Wrecking Crew
Battle
Thanks for Nothin
Long Time Dyin
Elimination
Old School
Fuck You

SANCTITY:

Seconds
Road To Bloodshed
Zeppo
Beneath The Machine
Once Again

THE SMASHUP:

Icarus Flies
Effigy
Afternoon Conversation With A Household Pet
Rachel's Day
----
Your favorite band sucks.
07.09.2006 - 23:00
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by º HoSTiLe &ordm on 02.08.2006 at 22:29

anyone know if there´s gonna be a show in Boston ?

29.09.2006 - USA, Boston, MA

All tour dates : http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/event.php?event_id=1169
----
Your favorite band sucks.

Hits total: 2941 | This month: 11