Metal Storm logo
Plz recommend me best Doom Metal albums you heard (I preffer unfamous)

Original post

Posted by , 27.11.2009 - 18:03
I like Doom Metal and want to know more about nice albums and bands. plz just recommend nice albums or even songs over here and discuss about them. not important if its famous either. I recommend you to take alook at Forest Of Shadows's "Where Dreams Turn To Dust" EP album. and surely take a look "Eternal Autumn" which is in that album either. but find the self-released one which is not in the cd, its more nice I think. and the other song which I recommend you is "Black God" by MDB, which one of the best Doom songs Ive ever heard! a song which doesnt have any Drums, Bass and Guitars! just Keboards (MDB have other songs like this). I have a tattoo on my breast called Black God by old english font hehe! but not as my nick screams! a normal one!
13.03.2011 - 03:41
odious.infinity

Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.03.2011 at 02:18

Written by odious.infinity on 12.03.2011 at 07:42

Evoken - A Caress of the Void is my favorite doom album right now.

A band that can do no wrong in my opinion. I know Shades of Night Descending gets some flak for its production and more death/doom sound than funeral doom, but I'd still give it 8/10. And it's my least favorite of theirs.

Their old keyboardist is the sole member of Krohm, a really good depressive/atmospheric black metal band. I'd recommend The Haunting Presence to fans of Neige (Alcest, Les Discrets, Lantlôs) and other similar bands.

Not familiar with most of those, I'll have to check 'em out.

I agree though, I don't think I've ever heard an Evoken album that wasn't absolutely the embodiment of every reason I love doom metal. Tyranny is another great one, Tides of Awakening is epic.

If you are looking for some prettier or more melodic doom metal, Draconian and Shape of Despair are two of the best. There is a lot of boring sappy crap in that side of the doom genre, but these are a couple of the gems in the rough imo.
----
Sonorous Odium...
...Embrace the consonance.
13.03.2011 - 03:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by odious.infinity on 13.03.2011 at 03:41

Not familiar with most of those, I'll have to check 'em out.

I agree though, I don't think I've ever heard an Evoken album that wasn't absolutely the embodiment of every reason I love doom metal. Tyranny is another great one, Tides of Awakening is epic.

If you are looking for some prettier or more melodic doom metal, Draconian and Shape of Despair are two of the best. There is a lot of boring sappy crap in that side of the doom genre, but these are a couple of the gems in the rough imo.

I prefer Tyranny's Bleak Vistae EP to their full-length, which isn't to say it's bad. I think the EP just has less filler.

I like Draconian's later works, though Doom:VS is more suited to my tastes. Shape of Despair are definitely worth mentioning as a lot of more melodic doom bands these days take a lot of influence from them (especially Remembrance, Ankhagram, Lethian Dreams, etc.).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.03.2011 - 06:02
Blessed-Blood

My favourite doom song is At The Gallow's End . every time i listen to this song it's sending shivers down my spine
13.03.2011 - 07:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Blessed-Blood on 13.03.2011 at 06:02

My favourite doom song is At The Gallow's End . every time i listen to this song it's sending shivers down my spine

The same effect "Solitude" has on me. Absolutely bone-chilling.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.03.2011 - 11:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

I know Shades of Night Descending gets some flak for its production...

Don't people realize that that is their demo?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2011 - 16:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2011 at 11:24

I know Shades of Night Descending gets some flak for its production...

Don't people realize that that is their demo?

I don't think many do, and the ones who have beef with its production should just listen to the 2009 re-release anyway.
----
13.03.2011 - 16:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.03.2011 at 16:06

I don't think many do, and the ones who have beef with its production should just listen to the 2009 re-release anyway.

That one only sounds slightly "better" if you ask me.
I for one find the original production actually adding to the music.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2011 - 16:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Same. It adds a much more grimy vibe to it which really brings out the essence of each song. Not a masterpiece by my account, but not worth the hate it receives by most fans.
----
13.03.2011 - 16:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.03.2011 at 16:10

Same. It adds a much more grimy vibe to it which really brings out the essence of each song. Not a masterpiece by my account, but not worth the hate it receives by most fans.

Exactly. It is still a very good demo.
But I never came across fans that hated it. All the fans I know like it a lot and see it for what it is... a demo which shows a lot of potential.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.03.2011 - 19:15
HugeTheConqeror

Written by IronAngel on 25.01.2011 at 19:20

I guess this thread will do.

Can anyone recommend good doom/death bands that are a bit more on the death side than usual? What I mean by that is a focus on twisted and heavy riffs, I guess. I'm thinking something like the doomy moments of Autopsy and Asphyx and doomier. Hooded Menace is a great example.

Marcel beat me to the punch in suggesting Coffins, but might I suggest both Acid Witch and Druid Lord. Acid Witch is quite psychedelic, with groovy Doom Rock riffs, but the vocals are clearly Death vox. Druid Lord actually sound more like Hooded Menace to me than Acid Witch do, even though Acid Witch and Hooded Manace shared a vocalist for a while.
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
15.03.2011 - 01:24
ANGEL REAPER

Try Pentagram's albums...they are all good...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.06.2011 - 19:39
FrostHammer

Hey we are a doom metal band from san jose. Check out our tunes and let us know what you think
http://www.reverbnation.com/frosthammer
16.06.2011 - 22:41
Saeed_p

Try this (im sure youll be love in it)
31.07.2011 - 02:31
IronAngel

I'm going to hijack the topic again, and ask a question that probably has been asked before. I want to find more traditional and epic doom, or rather traditional doom with an epic feel to it. I guess that often means strong heavy metal influences, but that's not a necessity at all. Examples:

Candlemass
Solstice
Solitude Aeternus
DoomSword
Procession
Warning
Atlantean Kodex
Mael Mórdha
While Heaven Wept (they may fit this bill, though I prefer to keep it slower and lower)
Some of Manowar's early epic songs
Dio-era Sabbath and Heaven & Hell, though that's more like heavy metal I guess

There are plenty of great traditional doom bands I've discovered, but most of them have this groovy occult thing going. Right now I want to listen to something that feels like fresh air, cloud-covered skies and dark mountains.
31.07.2011 - 11:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by IronAngel on 31.07.2011 at 02:31

I'm going to hijack the topic again, and ask a question that probably has been asked before. I want to find more traditional and epic doom, or rather traditional doom with an epic feel to it. I guess that often means strong heavy metal influences, but that's not a necessity at all. Examples:

Candlemass
Solstice
Solitude Aeternus
DoomSword
Procession
Warning
Atlantean Kodex
Mael Mórdha
While Heaven Wept (they may fit this bill, though I prefer to keep it slower and lower)

There are plenty of great traditional doom bands I've discovered, but most of them have this groovy occult thing going. Right now I want to listen to something that feels like fresh air, cloud-covered skies and dark mountains.

Okay going through my cd's and vinyls for you now. Leaving out the really traditional stuff like Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Trouble, Deathrow, that sort of stuff and stuff that leans extremely heavily on those bands. And only listing stuff I have as original.

Hopefuklly this will help you along.

So here it goes:

Age Of Taurus
Altar Of Oblivion
Angel Of Damnation
Apostle Of Solitude (parts of their debut album Sincerest Misery)
Argus (USA, although a bit more heavy metal)
Black Oath (the debut full-length that was released this year)
Capilla Ardiente
Cardinals Folly
Caskets Open
Concept Of God
Condenados
Count Raven
Crowned In Earth
Dantesco (personally don't like them, but maybe you would, who knows)
Dawn Of Gehenna
Dawn Of Winter
Doomshine (not really a fan myself)
Ereb Altor (by the guys in Isole but with more viking era Bathory worship going on at times)
Faith
Fall Of The Idols (has quite some epic touches to it)
Fangtooth (but I find them not good)
Forlorn (turned into Isole later on)
Forsaken
Funeral Circle
Gallow God
Graden Of Worm
Griftegård
Hooded Priest (although live a lot better than on album)
Hour Of 13
Isole
Krux (more or less)
KYPCK (a.k.a Kursk)
Lamented Souls
Leif Edling (yep he made a solo album as well)
Lord Vicar
Manilla Road (epic as hell but not really doom)
Memory Garden
Minotauri
Mirror Of Deception
Mourn (more or less)
Nemesis (from Sweden)
Nomad Son
Orodruin
Pagan Altar
Procession
Reverend Bizarre (although not really epic doom but still..)
Rituals Of The Oak
Rote Mare (the recent stuff)
Sahg (quite a bit)
Scald
Seamount
Sorcerer
Semlah
Sinister Realm (although more heavy metal)
Spirit Descent
Spiritus Mortis
Taak
Tefra
The 11th Hour (even though grunts are also used the music itself is quite epic and the clean vocals are done by Ed Warby)
The Doomsday Cult
The Flight Of Sleipnir
The Gates Of Slumber (their last one and first couple of Saint Vitusish but the two before the last one are more epic doom and epic hevay metal)
The Human Condition
The Lamp Of Thoth
The River
The Wandering Midget
The Wizar'd
Thunderstorm
Unsilence
Well Of Souls (Germany)
Well Of Souls (from the US)
Wheel
Wizards Of Doom (has some Saturnus and ex-Saturnus guys in it)
World Below

and the following thread here on MS might help you as well http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=619
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2011 - 16:19
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 27.11.2009 at 20:56

I cant recomend you albums but bands, long ago when I start listen doom metal and write down all bands what I liked n have herad, ok maybe lsit is old there isnt 2008, 2009 bands, but ll from those bands you shood hear, bands in list I have heard all and it was old good school years hehhehe realy a doom metal bands what you shood hear in lifetime

DOOM:
1)Atmoferic doom - , Aggaloch, The 3rd and the Mortal, Abysmal Grief, Adagio(Brazil), Avrigus(Aus), Dead Wish, Dimness Through Infinity, Dis Pater, Distress(Fra), Estatic Fear, Golgotha(Es), Theatre of Tragedy(OLD), The Mist and the Morning Dew, Rapture,

2)Black Doom: All Shades of Grey, Beatrik, Bethlehem(Dark metal album only), Cultus Sanguine, Darkflight and other Ivo Iljev project Dreamflight, Deinonychus, Forgotten Tomb, Gardens of Gehenna, Katatonia(Only doom era, I even dont wanna hear nowdays SHIT of band), Mourning Dawn, Nightly Gale, Ocean Of Sorrow, Sarkus, Souldust, Tristitia, Woods Of Belial

3)Death/Doom: All Dies, Amber Tears, Anathema(only firts realises), Antestor, Apostate, Ars Moriendi, Ashes You Leave, Astral Rising, Ataraxie, Autumnal, Bellator, Bitterdusk, The Blood Divine, Blood Tears(Bra), Bloody Wings, Catacombs, Ceremonium, C.O.D. , Crestfallen, Crush Evil, Criptal Darkness(aka The Eternal), Daedeloth, Dawn Of Gehenna, Decemberance, Decomposed, Desire, Devout, Discrucior, diSEMBOWELMENT, Dissolving of Prodigy, Dissonance, Doomsday, Dusk, Earthcorpse, Ekklesiast, Elsyum(AKA Stone Wings), Enchantment, Eria d'Or, Eternal Darkness, Eternal Tear, Evoken, Eyes of Ligeia, Fall of Empyrean, The Fall Of Every Season, Forest of Shadows, Forest Stream, Insanity Reigns Supreme, Lapsus Dei, Mael Mórdha, Mar de Grises, Morgion, Mourning Beloveth, Musaka, My Dying Bride, My Shamefull, Mystic Charm, Mythic, Mythological Cold Towers, Ningizzia, Novembers Doom, October Tide, Officium Triste, Ophis, Ordog, Paradigma, Paradise Lost(ONLY firts 5 albums), Paramaecium, Poema Arcanus, Runemagic, Saturnus, Serpent Rise, Solarfall, This Tangled Web, Thorr's Hammer, Thy Sinister Bloom, Vaikus, Whispering Forest, Why Angels Fall, Winter,

4)Funeral Doom: Ahab, Asunder, Beprasmybe, Beyond Black Void, Colosseum, Consummatum Est, Dark Abyss, Dictator, Dionysian, Dusk Ov Shadows, The Eleventh Room, The Ethereal, Funeral, The Funeral Orchestra, Funerary Dirge, I Drowned In A Stream Of Mourn, Longing For Dawn, Lux Incerta, Misery, Monolithe, Mournful Congregation, Night Must Fall, Nortt, Oktor, Remembrance, Shape Of Despair, Skepticism, Solicide, Stabat Mater, Thergothon, Through the Valley, Tyranny, Until Death Overtakes Me, Worship

5)Gothic/Doom: Autumn(Rus), Autumn Flowers, Black Fever, Cemetery of Scream, Chalice, Dark Embrace, Desiderium, Draconian, Ecthalion, Elbereth, Evadne, Even Vast, Heaven Grey, How Like a Winter, Lacrimas Profundere(ONLY old albums, I even dont wanna hear new gay/emo days works, adult poeple emo, shame),Lake of Tears , Left Hand Solution, Lords of the Stone, Luminaria, Revelation, Silent Cry, Sundial, Thorns of the Carrion, Type o Negative

6)Sludge/Doom: 13, 137, Acid Bath , Beaten Back To Pure, Bone to Rust, Crowbar, and many others

7)Stoner/Doom: Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Grand Magus, High On Fire, and others

8)Traditional Doom: Black Sabbath, Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom, Paul Chain(Paolo Chianti), Candlemass, Cold Mourning, Count Raven, Dark Quarterer, Doomsword, Dawn of Winter, Doomraiser, Dream Death, Earthride, Faith, Fall of the Idols,Forlom, Forsaken, The Gates of Slumber, Hymn to the Ancient,Isole, Memento Mori, Memory Garden, , The Obsessed, Orodruin, Pagan Altar, Pale Divine, Penance, Raven Blacl Night, Rose, Rote Mare, Saint Vitus, Solitude Auhernus, Svald, Seprpent, Sorrows Path, Spirit Caravan, Solstice, Thunderstorm, Troble, Warning, Well of Souls, While Heaven Wept, Whitchfider General
If you wanna doom you get it, those are doom bands what I like , maybe some genre classification might be wrnig but what a hack

I can not suggest you some songs from band,s depends of your mood, but if you open each band mypscae you get pretty good idea what music band plays and 90% is possible get in myspace 10% of list isnt, but doomsters always know where get those bands, damn I hav eno time in mortal world, butr its be good stay in afterlife's purgatory so long till you wont hear all those bands , realy I like those all and have hear/lisetn all bands in list in last 6 years

DOOM:
1)Atmoferic doom - , Aggaloch, The 3rd and the Mortal, Abysmal Grief, Adagio(Brazil), Avrigus(Aus), Dead Wish, Dimness Through Infinity, Dis Pater, Distress(Fra), Estatic Fear, Golgotha(Es), Theatre of Tragedy(OLD), The Mist and the Morning Dew, Rapture,

2)Black Doom: All Shades of Grey, Beatrik, Bethlehem(Dark metal album only), Cultus Sanguine, Darkflight and other Ivo Iljev project Dreamflight, Deinonychus, Forgotten Tomb, Gardens of Gehenna, Katatonia(Only doom era, I even dont wanna hear nowdays SHIT of band), Mourning Dawn, Nightly Gale, Ocean Of Sorrow, Sarkus, Souldust, Tristitia, Woods Of Belial

3)Death/Doom: All Dies, Amber Tears, Anathema(only firts realises), Antestor, Apostate, Ars Moriendi, Ashes You Leave, Astral Rising, Ataraxie, Autumnal, Bellator, Bitterdusk, The Blood Divine, Blood Tears(Bra), Bloody Wings, Catacombs, Ceremonium, C.O.D. , Crestfallen, Crush Evil, Criptal Darkness(aka The Eternal), Daedeloth, Dawn Of Gehenna, Decemberance, Decomposed, Desire, Devout, Discrucior, diSEMBOWELMENT, Dissolving of Prodigy, Dissonance, Doomsday, Dusk, Earthcorpse, Ekklesiast, Elsyum(AKA Stone Wings), Enchantment, Eria d'Or, Eternal Darkness, Eternal Tear, Evoken, Eyes of Ligeia, Fall of Empyrean, The Fall Of Every Season, Forest of Shadows, Forest Stream, Insanity Reigns Supreme, Lapsus Dei, Mael Mórdha, Mar de Grises, Morgion, Mourning Beloveth, Musaka, My Dying Bride, My Shamefull, Mystic Charm, Mythic, Mythological Cold Towers, Ningizzia, Novembers Doom, October Tide, Officium Triste, Ophis, Ordog, Paradigma, Paradise Lost(ONLY firts 5 albums), Paramaecium, Poema Arcanus, Runemagic, Saturnus, Serpent Rise, Solarfall, This Tangled Web, Thorr's Hammer, Thy Sinister Bloom, Vaikus, Whispering Forest, Why Angels Fall, Winter,

4)Funeral Doom: Ahab, Asunder, Beprasmybe, Beyond Black Void, Colosseum, Consummatum Est, Dark Abyss, Dictator, Dionysian, Dusk Ov Shadows, The Eleventh Room, The Ethereal, Funeral, The Funeral Orchestra, Funerary Dirge, I Drowned In A Stream Of Mourn, Longing For Dawn, Lux Incerta, Misery, Monolithe, Mournful Congregation, Night Must Fall, Nortt, Oktor, Remembrance, Shape Of Despair, Skepticism, Solicide, Stabat Mater, Thergothon, Through the Valley, Tyranny, Until Death Overtakes Me, Worship

5)Gothic/Doom: Autumn(Rus), Autumn Flowers, Black Fever, Cemetery of Scream, Chalice, Dark Embrace, Desiderium, Draconian, Ecthalion, Elbereth, Evadne, Even Vast, Heaven Grey, How Like a Winter, Lacrimas Profundere(ONLY old albums, I even dont wanna hear new gay/emo days works, adult poeple emo, shame),Lake of Tears , Left Hand Solution, Lords of the Stone, Luminaria, Revelation, Silent Cry, Sundial, Thorns of the Carrion, Type o Negative

6)Sludge/Doom: 13, 137, Acid Bath , Beaten Back To Pure, Bone to Rust, Crowbar, and many others

7)Stoner/Doom: Cathedral, Electric Wizard, Grand Magus, High On Fire, and others

8)Traditional Doom: Black Sabbath, Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom, Paul Chain(Paolo Chianti), Candlemass, Cold Mourning, Count Raven, Dark Quarterer, Doomsword, Dawn of Winter, Doomraiser, Dream Death, Earthride, Faith, Fall of the Idols,Forlom, Forsaken, The Gates of Slumber, Hymn to the Ancient,Isole, Memento Mori, Memory Garden, , The Obsessed, Orodruin, Pagan Altar, Pale Divine, Penance, Raven Blacl Night, Rose, Rote Mare, Saint Vitus, Solitude Auhernus, Svald, Seprpent, Sorrows Path, Spirit Caravan, Solstice, Thunderstorm, Troble, Warning, Well of Souls, While Heaven Wept, Whitchfider General

Thanks man! These could keep me busy until I die!
05.08.2011 - 21:29
IronAngel

Thanks for the recommendations again, Marcel. I knew a good handful of those, but I've already found a few new favorites. Ereb Altor and Isole are great. Memory Garden sounds promising, and you reminded me to properly check out Minotauri soon. It's shameful that I don't know them very well, considering the Finnish scene is very small and I actually post on the same Finnish metal boards as Honkonen, the frontman.

Still a lot to go through.
09.08.2011 - 03:10
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.07.2011 at 11:53

Written by IronAngel on 31.07.2011 at 02:31

Candlemass
Solstice
Solitude Aeternus
DoomSword
Procession
Warning
Atlantean Kodex
Mael Mórdha

Okay going through my cd's and vinyls for you now. Leaving out the really traditional stuff like Saint Vitus, Pentagram, Trouble, Deathrow, that sort of stuff and stuff that leans extremely heavily on those bands. And only listing stuff I have as original.

Hopefuklly this will help you along.

So here it goes:

Age Of Taurus
Altar Of Oblivion
Angel Of Damnation
Apostle Of Solitude (parts of their debut album Sincerest Misery)
Argus (USA, although a bit more heavy metal)
Black Oath (the debut full-length that was released this year)
Capilla Ardiente
Cardinals Folly
Caskets Open
Concept Of God
Condenados
Count Raven
Crowned In Earth
Dantesco (personally don't like them, but maybe you would, who knows)
Dawn Of Gehenna
Dawn Of Winter
Doomshine (not really a fan myself)
Ereb Altor (by the guys in Isole but with more viking era Bathory worship going on at times)
Faith
Fall Of The Idols (has quite some epic touches to it)
Fangtooth (but I find them not good)
Forlorn (turned into Isole later on)
Forsaken
Funeral Circle
Gallow God
Graden Of Worm
Griftegård
Hooded Priest (although live a lot better than on album)
Hour Of 13
Isole
Krux (more or less)
KYPCK (a.k.a Kursk)
Lamented Souls
Leif Edling (yep he made a solo album as well)
Lord Vicar
Manilla Road (epic as hell but not really doom)
Memory Garden
Minotauri
Mirror Of Deception
Mourn (more or less)
Nemesis (from Sweden)
Nomad Son
Orodruin
Pagan Altar
Procession
Reverend Bizarre (although not really epic doom but still..)
Rituals Of The Oak
Rote Mare (the recent stuff)
Sahg (quite a bit)
Scald
Seamount
Sorcerer
Semlah
Sinister Realm (although more heavy metal)
Spirit Descent
Spiritus Mortis
Taak
Tefra
The 11th Hour (even though grunts are also used the music itself is quite epic and the clean vocals are done by Ed Warby)
The Doomsday Cult
The Flight Of Sleipnir
The Gates Of Slumber (their last one and first couple of Saint Vitusish but the two before the last one are more epic doom and epic hevay metal)
The Human Condition
The Lamp Of Thoth
The River
The Wandering Midget
The Wizar'd
Thunderstorm
Unsilence
Well Of Souls (Germany)
Well Of Souls (from the US)
Wheel
Wizards Of Doom (has some Saturnus and ex-Saturnus guys in it)
World Below

and the following thread here on MS might help you as well http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=619

Kudos guys, a great deal of these I haven't heard and this is just my sort of metal
09.08.2011 - 05:29
Metal_4Ever

Draconian - Arcane Rain Fell
06.09.2011 - 17:55
JD
Account deleted
Any similar bands to Isole, and Warning?
06.09.2011 - 18:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 06.09.2011 at 17:55

Pallbearer are quite similar to Warning

and somehow I find Faith's most recent work quite Isole like also try out While Heaven Wept - Of Empires Forlorn and also Sorrow Of The Angels by WHW
also Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass when it comes to Isole like epic doom

help, how could I forget Procession
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.09.2011 - 18:25
JD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.09.2011 at 18:11

and somehow I find Faith's most recent work quite Isole like also try out While Heaven Wept - Of Empires Forlorn and also Sorrow Of The Angels by WHW

Thanks a billion, I will check them all..

I'm already familiar with Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass, amazing vocals!

BTW bands like Isole, and Warning in what doom category they are? Traditional Doom Metal I assume?
06.09.2011 - 18:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 06.09.2011 at 18:25

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.09.2011 at 18:11

Thanks a billion, I will check them all..

I'm already familiar with Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass, amazing vocals!

BTW bands like Isole, and Warning in what doom category they are? Traditional Doom Metal I assume?

epic doom.

Traditional doom is more suuch as old Trouble, Saint Vitus, Unorthodox, Revelation, Pale Divine, Black Sabbath (old works)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.09.2011 - 02:18
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I think SubRosa's No Help for the Mighty Ones is one of this year's best releases but that's just me.
27.09.2011 - 00:58
IronAngel

Written by Guest on 08.09.2011 at 02:18

I think SubRosa's No Help for the Mighty Ones is one of this year's best releases but that's just me.

Agreed. I was crazy about it for a good while. Now I've begun to think some of the songs meander a bit and they could be either more focused or diverse. Still, it's a minor gripe as the album is full of memorable melodies, great vocals and really nice sounds. It is probably my favorite metal release of the year so far, but not quite album of the year material. In the top 15 albums overall, though.

Really good doom or doomy metal releases from Corrupted, Dark Buddha Rising, Argus, 40 Watt Sun and Sonne Adam, too. Actually all the best metal albums of the year had some connection to doom, so far..
08.10.2011 - 11:54
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
It's listed as black metal on this site, but Gallhammer's album from earlier this year, The End, is a pretty good doom album. It's also the only album I have with no guitars.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.10.2011 - 15:01
Malevolent-Jim

Any fans of Trouble? Psalm 9 is a pretty neat doom album I think.
08.12.2011 - 22:21
JD
Account deleted
DeathCross from Syria