Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - New Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 28.11.2009

Dark Tranquillity will release We Are The Void, due in Europe on March 1, 2010 via Century Media Records.

The drums for the CD were recorded at bassist Daniel Antonsson's studio, while the remaining instruments were tracked at Martin Brändström's (electronics) newly renovated Rogue music facility. The mixing duties are once again being handled by Tue Madsen (Halford, Behemoth, Kataklysm, The Haunted) at his Antfarm studio in Århus, Denmark. Working songtitles set to appear on the CD include "I Am The Void", "Zero Distance", "The Burden Of Love Alive", "Archangelsk" and "Memories In Reverse".

Regarding the musical direction of the band's new material, Dark Tranquillity previously said, "It's a bit too early to delve into details, but the material feels diverse and fresh and covers all the facets of the Dark Tranquillity sound. Those who are familiar with our songwriting process know that we always keep re-arranging and experimenting with the material until the recording starts, and while we currently have the basic foundations for around 10 songs, many things are still open. The final result is likely to surprise ourselves as well as you people."

UPDATED (thanks to Overlord_PT)

Dark Tranquillity have launched their brand-new song "Dream Oblivion" at their newly redesigned MySpace page. The track gives you a first impression of the new album We Are The Void which will hit stores on the following dates:

Sweden: February 24, 2010
Germany / Austria / Switzerland / Benelux / Italy / Australia: February 26, 2010
Uk / France / Greece / Denmark / Norway / Rest Of Europe: March 1, 2010
Spain / Portugal: March 2, 2010
Finland / Hungary: March 3, 2010
North America: March 9, 2010

The band's follow-up to 2007's Fiction was recorded at Dark Tranquillity's very own Rogue Music studio and mixed and mastered by Tue Madsen at Antfarm Studio in Denmark. To follow the creation of this superb melodic death metal opus Anders Björler (The Haunted, At The Gates) filmed a detailed studio report series, which can also be found on the band's MySpace page.

UPDATE

Dark Tranquillity have announced the final tracklist for their upcoming 9th studio album.

We Are The Void [cover art] tracklist:

01. At The Point Of Ignition
02. Dream Oblivion
03. The Fatalist
04. Life Without
05. Zero Distance
06. Her Silent Language
07. Shadow In Our Blood
08. Surface The Infinite
09. The Grandest Accusation
10. I Am The Void
11. Iridium

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 11.01.2010 by Sentenced Odiin

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 55   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 471 users
18.12.2009 - 15:34
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 18.12.2009 at 15:26

The cover art on the other hand, doesn't feel very Dark Tranquillity, nor Niklas Sundin to me =/

I am surprised from this cover too - i did not expect something like that-at all.

Strange that there are no other comments about the cover! Of course the song sounds great, but i could not...accept the cover art somehow!

Imagine if anyone wears a t-shirt with the new cover art stamp on it, wouldn't it be...surreal?!
----
\m/etalstor\m/
18.12.2009 - 16:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I see nothing wrong with the cover. I've learnt not to expect much when it comes to that. I don't feel like Sundin has a fixed style either like.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.12.2009 - 18:45
Thryce
Retired Staff
Am I really the only one disliking this song through and through? The lame keyboards are totally killing this song. But yeah, whatever, wasn't expecting that much after the utter disappointment that was Fiction.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
18.12.2009 - 19:37
0rpheus

Written by Thryce on 18.12.2009 at 18:45

Am I really the only one disliking this song through and through? The lame keyboards are totally killing this song. But yeah, whatever, wasn't expecting that much after the utter disappointment that was Fiction.

Agreed! disappointing arrangement :
----
I would prefer not to.
18.12.2009 - 19:48
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Written by BloodTears on 18.12.2009 at 16:55

I see nothing wrong with the cover. I've learnt not to expect much when it comes to that. I don't feel like Sundin has a fixed style either like.

Okey you're absolutely right- but i think all the covers of dt -till now- were quite: hmm... let's say abstract? allright the new cover is a bit ...organic&abstract!
psss wow i found the word i was looking for lol!
----
\m/etalstor\m/
18.12.2009 - 19:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema

Why did Fiction disappoint you, Thryce?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.12.2009 - 20:11
Uller

Wow, the cover art is good, but is different from the others, it has a different style.

Te song is very good, i have high expectations. I dont mind clean vocals like in projector
----
19.12.2009 - 01:21
MetalSpider

Cover is interesting...very different from their others thats for sure.

New song sounds pretty good...maybe it'll grow on me more. Either way I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
19.12.2009 - 02:21
Symmachus

The cover art for We Are the Void is a very good one, I must say.
19.12.2009 - 03:57
Locke
Account deleted
Strange song. Not what I would expect from them.
19.12.2009 - 10:29
Forsaker

Good news can't wait
19.12.2009 - 16:43
Abattoir

I'm not realy impressed by the new song...expectations are definitely bigger from what I have heard.
19.12.2009 - 18:15
*!*

Written by Abattoir on 19.12.2009 at 16:43

I'm not realy impressed by the new song...expectations are definitely bigger from what I have heard.

agreed!! its gd but i had bigger expectations.
20.12.2009 - 21:05
Black_Sheep

The song is good, as usual. But the cover art is damn ugly...
----
"Reality is almost always wrong."
21.12.2009 - 20:31
Miro

Pretty good song...cant wait.
22.12.2009 - 12:44
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Sounds a bit like old Soilwork, which is fine by me!

The cover is brilliant.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
22.12.2009 - 15:01
Giza

Oh gawd! Let's not jump into conclusions after hearing just 1 song and some crappy artwork! IMO the song is nothing special. though not bad.
22.12.2009 - 15:11
Warman
Erotic Stains
The song was okay, Dark Tranquillity can do much better. I liked the last part of it though.
----
11.01.2010 - 15:03
enumaelis

Written by 0rpheus on 18.12.2009 at 19:37

Agreed! disappointing arrangement :

As a good (and old) DT fan, I didnt like the new song nor the cover
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
11.01.2010 - 20:41
Harlequin

The cover art has got a new feel to it, but I don't like it very much. The same goes for the song, the keyboards are unnerving.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
11.01.2010 - 22:16
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
The reason why the cover art doesn't really feel like they use too is that it's not Niclas Sundin doing it, and that is why it didn't feel that he did it too me in the first place (reffering to an older post I did here).
11.01.2010 - 23:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Weak cover art, a "single" that sounds like it could have been on Fiction (an already bland album)... I mean it's good for the people who like hearing the same thing over and over, but I for one appreciate growth and DT haven't made any strides to change since the outstanding Damage Done.

I think I'm finally coming to and end with my love for melodic death/Gothenburg/whatever-you-want-to-call-it metal.

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 11.01.2010 at 22:16

The reason why the cover art doesn't really feel like they use too is that it's not Niclas Sundin doing it, and that is why it didn't feel that he did it too me in the first place (reffering to an older post I did here).

Where did you hear this news? And who is responsible for that album cover?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.01.2010 - 02:29
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Troy, Niclas Sundin said it himself in one of their Studio Reports for "We are the Void".
12.01.2010 - 10:59
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Bad art. just seems so uninspired.

Edit. lol! On their myspace, in the group photo, 4 of the members are doing the exact same thing with there hands (thumbs in the jeans). Originality FAIL... I still love you DT
----
Coldgrits
12.01.2010 - 21:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Thanks for the info mango; it's just unfortunate because Niclas Sundin definitely has great vision and his album art is always something to be admired.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 9074 | This month: 1