05. Martyrium
06. Defilement
07. Ad Pondus Omnium
08. The Black Death

Technical Brutal Death metal
Recorded: Electric Sun Studios, Australia 2008
Label: Lacerated Enemy Records
Total Running Time: 31:36

Hiroshima Will Burn. Now here's a politically incorrect name I can taste. With a distinctive moniker like that I was expecting something that would be a total blast to listen to. Something so insanely loud my banging head would be blown to bits. Unfortunately my hopes crashed as soon the album kicked in. Don't get me wrong, this stuff indeed made my ears bleed... but not exactly in a particularly good way.

First things first, this album is as cult as it gets. To The Weight Of All Things has been released only three months ago, by a band that at this point doesn't even exist anymore. Furthermore, this album is also as technical as it gets. Countless breakdowns, diverse blast beat patterns and a mercilessly complex song structure are instantly dominating the agenda, threatening to make this a purely technical affair. Undoubtedly inspired by bands like Job For A Cowboy and The Faceless, To The Weight Of All Things is for all intents and purposes a blasting shred-fest. A frippery showcase of these kids' talents. Consequently, Hiroshima Will Burn's debut turned out to be a challenging release: even unraveling the Christmas lights is less tedious than sitting through this album in one time.

Good musicianship, forgettable music. Nonetheless the band isn't giving you an incorrect or misleading representation of what ultramodern brutal stuff is supposed to sound like. Chugging guitars, beating drums, funky bass, grunts as dry as unbuttered toast, growls as raspy as sandpaper, head hammering hymns lacking accessibility, and an overly slick production (courtesy of Alan Douches, known for his work for other music molesters in the oversaturated scene like Emmure, Carnifex, The Acacia Strain and Ion Dissonance). You know it, total tech-death abhorrence, just for the hell of it. Now they have become death, the destroyer of worlds... and eardrums.

Hiroshima Will Burn got hit by the bandwagon pretty hard. Though all in all To The Weight Of All Things isn't as generic as it could possibly get. In an attempt to try something new, the band added a few jazzy cadences here and there, which sound not that bad I suppose. Aww, who are we kidding, you don't get a star on the Walk Of Fame for being not that bad, don't you. In the end Hiroshima Will Burn are as disappointing as shopping for a clawhammer banjo. It sounds pretty barbaric, but it isn't nearly as brutal as you would think.

Written by Thryce | 28.11.2009

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 139 users
28.11.2009 - 18:58
Got Mayhem?

Ouch, more time should have been put into a band name. It seems to me that they kinda lost a market with that sort of moniker.
----
28.11.2009 - 19:01
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Lol the reference to origin is funny
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur
01.12.2009 - 19:27
benvolent

Written by Got Mayhem? on 28.11.2009 at 18:58

Ouch, more time should have been put into a band name. It seems to me that they kinda lost a market with that sort of moniker.

agreed, this bandname is sooo stupid. funny for a second, then stupid again!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles

Hits total: 5421 | This month: 11